Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you s still believe Case Keenum can be a SUCCESSFUL NFL QB?
Yes 36 26.47%
No 65 47.79%
Not Sure 35 25.74%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2014   #1
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2782 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

Does anybody still think he can be a successful NFL qb? Or did his play and inability to win a game for a 2-14 team enough evidence to know that that he is no good? Or do you think he still has a chance to be successful with a proper head coach and a proper team?

My personal opinion is that Keenum was placed in a bad situation with a lame duck coach, with a flawed offensive philosophy, and a bad team saddled with injuries on both sides of the ball.

I want to see what he can do with a full off season and a new coaching staff.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #2
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Anybody still BELIEVE in Case Keenum?

I'm playing with your choice of words. Can Keenum be successful? Yes, but I don't think he will be successful. And that's why I think QB is the biggest need for the Texans.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #3
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I'm playing with your choice of words. Can Keenum be successful? Yes, but I don't think he will be successful. And that's why I think QB is the biggest need for the Texans.
this
Old 01-08-2014   #4
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if Raiders fans say the same thing about Matt McGloin. Never seen such stubborness for a third string QB. Basically he needs the perfect coach, perfect OL, perfect scenario to succeed and he wasn't given a fair shot. Well if we had that perfect team he would still be on the inactive list and Schaub would be in the playoffs right now behind that perfect offense.
Old 01-08-2014   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Remember when we had our first QB how terrible the OL was? How he would scramble himself into sacks and bad plays? The record setting OL we had? What happened the year after he left? We got a QB that played behind the same line, made reads, and got rid of the ball. All in the same offense. When your QB is doing ridiculous things it doesn't help the OL at all.

Again, I see lots of excuses, "Kubiak probably". At what point do you start looking at the QB as the problem? Hell even as PART of the problem.
Spot on.

Same OL
43 sacks to 22
28th to 12th total offense.
27th passing to 11th.
21st rushing to 22nd

Oh and AJ to half a season of AJ

The QB makes a ton of difference. This season was sadly entertaining in this regard. The same OL went from doing an OK job, it's on Schaub, to Keenum doesn't have a chance behind them. The QB made a ton of difference all right - the rationalization flipped completely.
Old 01-08-2014   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This season was sadly entertaining in this regard. The same OL went from doing an OK job, it's on Schaub, to Keenum doesn't have a chance behind them. The QB made a ton of difference all right - the rationalization flipped completely.
The one I liked best, was, "They didn't blitz Schaub as much."

Well duh... there's a reason for that.
Old 01-09-2014   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The QB makes a ton of difference. This season was sadly entertaining in this regard. The same OL went from doing an OK job, it's on Schaub, to Keenum doesn't have a chance behind them. The QB made a ton of difference all right - the rationalization flipped completely.
Well, to be objective, we also have to consider that Keenun did not get near the reps in OTA and pre-season that Schaub received, Keenum is basically a rookie being compared to an 8 year veteran, and Keenum did not have the benefit of two key anti-blitz personnel with Foster and Daniels out. Tate sucked at picking up blitzes and OD was always a short yardage security blanket for Shaub.

I'm not making a case for Keenum (no pun intended), but it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. I think each QB can be analyzed and evaluated independently of each other's circumstances. Schaub has no excuses for throwing four pick 6's in four games. With Keenum inexperience bit him in the ass and the team around him was falling apart.

I still don't think we have a franchise QB in the city of Houston right now, fwiw.
Old 01-09-2014   #8
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 2782 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
I wonder if Raiders fans say the same thing about Matt McGloin. Never seen such stubborness for a third string QB. Basically he needs the perfect coach, perfect OL, perfect scenario to succeed and he wasn't given a fair shot. Well if we had that perfect team he would still be on the inactive list and Schaub would be in the playoffs right now behind that perfect offense.
please stop that BS right now. Ive seen your act on the texans main message board and you are a hardcore matt schaub fan.

that post right there was a post made by anti matt schaub fans.

Very scumbag move to use it on keenum considering he's the one that didnt have the great line, the great running back, the great coach.

Matt Schaub had 3 pro bowl offensive linemen, a pro bowl running back, a pro bowl tight end, and a pro bowl wide reciever in johnson. Yet he had trouble scoring TDs and barely beat andy dalton.

How long has schaub been in the nfl? how long has keenum been in? smdh....

Did Keenum have six pro bowlers on offense like schaub did?

stop that nonsense right now. You can say that about schaub's seven years and loaded rosters, you cant say that about keenum and the situation he was put in this year.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014   #9
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
please stop that BS right now. Ive seen your act on the texans main message board and you are a hardcore matt schaub fan.

that post right there was a post made by anti matt schaub fans.

Very scumbag move to use it on keenum considering he's the one that didnt have the great line, the great running back, the great coach.

Matt Schaub had 3 pro bowl offensive linemen, a pro bowl running back, a pro bowl tight end, and a pro bowl wide reciever in johnson. Yet he had trouble scoring TDs and barely beat andy dalton.

How long has schaub been in the nfl? how long has keenum been in? smdh....

Did Keenum have six pro bowlers on offense like schaub did?

stop that nonsense right now. You can say that about schaub's seven years and loaded rosters, you cant say that about keenum and the situation he was put in this year.
Oh my gawd!!! What is your problem?! We are talking about a third string QB who didn't win a dam game and you go on a rampage giving negative rep and putting a comment to make sure I come back and see your reply?!. Dude get over yourself, the Texans are not going to build around Keenum to give him the perfect offense he needs to "succeed" and be "given a chance". And yeah I was a fan of Schaub, because he was part of the team, what am I supposed to do watch a Texans game and be in a pissed off mood the whole time because Schaub is at QB and not someone else??!!. The only difference between me and you is that I put away my #8 jersey and I'm ready for a change, you are still clinging to Keenum.
Old 01-09-2014   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know maybe he will get a 2nd chance somewhere else odds aint lookin good for him here tho
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #11
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on people he has already proven the answer is NO.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #12
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 20076 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Come on people he has already proven the answer is NO.
Has he proven it to O'Brian, or do you think O'Brian should just read the forums and make his coaching decisions from the posts?
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Has he proven it to O'Brian, or do you think O'Brian should just read the forums and make his coaching decisions from the posts?
O'Brien, not O'Brian. LOL. I did the same at first.

Yeah, O'Brien will make up his own mind. Maybe Case makes it, maybe he doesn't. I just want to see a Houston team in the super bowl before I die.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
He has proved it to anyone that watched him lose all of the games he played in.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm unsure but I think it's unlikely and more important than that I think that the window for learning whether he could ever be that guy is closed. Did he get a fair shot? Probably not but in the NFL almost no one ever gets to walk into a perfectly optimal situation. Everyone else makes do with the chance they've been given.

Nobody has time to wait for Case to develop some more. If he isn't just outright released and makes it into OTA's he'd better impress the hell out of BOB. If he does that then he'd better learn that offense inside and out before again impressing him in camp and preseason. Even then it will all more than likely be for nothing because BOB's going to bring in a starter either through the draft or free agency (and maybe both).

There should be a fourth option in the poll. "It doesn't really matter anymore".
Old 01-07-2014   #16
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

well if he would have won at all the team wouldnt have been a 2-14 team
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #17
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

No.

Can we just admit that the dwindling lovefest would not exist if he was an UDFA from UCONN or Boston College that lost all of his starts?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 248016 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Fun with numbers...

Dave Zangaro ‏@DZangaro
Quote:
Case Keenum is the 2nd player in NFL history to lose 200+ yards on fewer than 20 sacks. Ken Stabler did it twice in the 70s. #Texans

Keenum was sacked 19 times for 201 yards (10.58). By comparison, Schaub was sacked 21 times for 162 yards (7.7). #Texans

If Case Keenum never starts an NFL game again, he'll go down as the only player since the merger to throw for 1,700+ yards without a win.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #19
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see what he can do with foster and OD in the line up, and a compitent staff who will let the boy play his style of football instead of trying to turn him into Schaub 2.0. And people can say what they want but before the coaching staff got in his head about staying in the pocket, he was leaving the pocket and making things happen down field. Defenses can adjust all they want but that isnt the reason he began struggling.

Yes i still have faith keenum could be an above average QB. If not here he will do it some where.
Old 01-07-2014   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

No

Odds are he'll be cut this offseason anyway.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read