Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2013   #1
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

The biggest question to me is , who's our QB next year. Nothing else will have as big an impact on W's and L's.

Do you look for a vet FA or do you believe strongly enough in one of the QB's available in the draft to say he's my guy for the next 5 years.

Bob McNair seems to believe this will be a quick fix , well .... it wont be unless the QB riddle is solved. They could have the 85 Bears defense and Vince Lombardi or Tom Landry coaching ... and have sh!t to show for it at the end of the season .... unless they find a top quality QB.

So .... who ya got ?!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

My QB is Zach Mettenberger. I think he's going to have a lot of success in the years to come.

And the knee will be just fine people.
Old 12-30-2013   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
My QB is Zach Mettenberger. I think he's going to have a lot of success in the years to come.

Another guy wearing #8? Do you just want to recycle your Schaub jersey to Mettenberger that you previously recycled from Carr?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Another guy wearing #8? Do you just want to recycle your Schaub jersey to Mettenberger that you previously recycled from Carr?
I don't place any particular significance on the number. I've never been able to figure out why anyone else does for that matter. It's just a number.

If we'd signed Manning and he'd suddenly opted to wear #8 would he have started sucking right then and there on the spot? If a jersey change was all it took to fix Carr why in the hell did we give up a pair of 2's to get Schaub from the Falcons and then not even bother to make him change numbers?

Old 12-31-2013   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
8 needs to be sh!tcanned forever from this team.

I too would like to see them sign Cutler, and draft either Bortles, or Manziel.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
8 needs to be sh!tcanned forever from this team.

I too would like to see them sign Cutler, and draft either Bortles, or Manziel.
I don't think Cutler is doable; it will make it very hard to resign Watt down the road.
He will want at least a two-year contract with quite a bit in guaranteed money up front.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum simply can not read defenses .... That's his fatal flaw.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't think Cutler is doable; it will make it very hard to resign Watt down the road.
He will want at least a two-year contract with quite a bit in guaranteed money up front.
He's a 30 year old QB trying to sell his potential. He's not going to get "quite a bit" up front. No one is going to sign him as their starter for more than 2 years.

I think a fair offer would be 2 years, $25M guaranteed. I'd give him a $5M signing bonus, $5M salary, a roster bonus for 2015 & the rest in salary.

We're on the hook for $7.5M this year (that would be his cap number) & $2.5M next year if we cut him & go with Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, or whoever from then on.

That would have no effect on signing Watt & we're basically using the money gained by cutting Schaub.

At the most, where ever he goes (unless Chicago really pulls out the stupid) he won't have a cap number over $10M for the 2014 season. But I don't think he'll get that kind of offer. For Jay, this is his last chance to prove he's worth the kind of contract Matt signed 2 years ago.
Old 12-30-2013   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 384747 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
two most important things to look for in a franchise QB,

1, Is he good looking enough?

I cannot stress that enough.

2, Does he have a great cool sounding name?
Are we looking for a boyfriend/husband here or a QB?

Are you actually Taylor Swift?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014   #10
brg88tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 9919 brg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respectedbrg88tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

O'Brien signs fellow ivy leager from Harvard (Fitzpatrick).....could this mean he might try to draft that big qb from cornell Mathews? he does like smart qbs.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Someone should un-edit the edit in the title of this thread .... or at least edit ti to reflect the signing of .... Fitzpatrick

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 12-30-2013   #12
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
two most important things to look for in a franchise QB,

1, Is he good looking enough?

2, Does he have a great cool sounding name?
Yes.
Old 12-30-2013   #13
ST675
Rookie

Quote:

Olivia wilde ..... cockburn.
Yes, Yes and Yes.... do We have a sign up sheet cause I want to be #1......
ST675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #14
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like us to sign Cutler. If we do choose to draft a QB in the first round, he can take time to learn under a veteran QB. I also believe Cutler gives us the best opportunity to win next year. I can't see a rookie QB leading us to a Super Bowl.
Old 12-31-2013   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I'd like us to sign Cutler. If we do choose to draft a QB in the first round, he can take time to learn under a veteran QB. I also believe Cutler gives us the best opportunity to win next year. I can't see a rookie QB leading us to a Super Bowl.
Sweet Mary...please no.
Old 12-31-2013   #16
bigmck
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Sweet Mary...please no.
Cutler isn't even the best QB on the Bears.
Old 12-31-2013   #17
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The more I think about it, I don't even know if there is going to be a QB worth using our second round pick on when we get there. I think we need to look at 3rd or 4th round QB unless someone drops to the 2nd that isn't supposed to. Really only 3 or 4 QB's that you could justify 1st or 2nd round grades on this year. Picking one at #1 would be ignorant. Go build the OL and DL/DB with the first two or three rounds, then get a QB.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't get it. The big knock against Mettenburger seems to be the knee injury, but then NOT have injury concerns with Cutler??

When has Cutler NOT been injured? Stop with this wanting to get Cutler here, as if he will miraculously become a more durable player, a player that will always answer the bell, hurting or not.

Cutler . . no thanks!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So anyone who disagrees with your plan isn't serious about winning. My, such hubris.
If that's what your "law degree" gets out of my entire post..... whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
Cutler isn't even the best QB on the Bears.
Which is why he might be available & he's better than any QB we have on this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

When has Cutler NOT been injured? Stop with this wanting to get Cutler here, as if he will miraculously become a more durable player, a player that will always answer the bell, hurting or not.

Cutler . . no thanks!
What if he can help us to 10 wins before he gets hurt? Then Bridgewater takes over after watching from the sideline for 14 weeks, plus a bye. His legend starts in the play-offs.

Cutler moves on. We move on.
Old 12-30-2013   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 384747 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
So .... who ya got ?!
Whoever Bill O'Brien decides on. He's a QB coach, OC.

Whoever he sees as the guy I'll support -- since "B.O." knows football, and I'm in my armchair.

I might get more excited if BO'B decides a Mettenberger or Bortles or Garoppolo is the guy, just because he'd be trusting himself instead of going with the consensus. But sometimes the consensus is right.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read