Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2013   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

one really good year, one bad year. could go either way, looks like he was brought back too soon.

would you give up the 1st for him?

id have to say i dont think i would. looks really damaged out there.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would Your Trade the 1st Pick for Rg3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
one really good year, one bad year. could go either way, looks like he was brought back too soon.

A 100 % healthy RG I would. With the Oline we are going to put together, he would be perfect.
Old 12-12-2013   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

No brainer if cleared fully fit.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #4
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

guys the injury is the only reason why it would happen. snyder wouldnt give up on a fully healthy rg3.
he wont be back before the draft, so you gotta try and strike while there are still injury concerns otherwise it would never happen.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
guys the injury is the only reason why it would happen. snyder wouldnt give up on a fully healthy rg3.
he wont be back before the draft, so you gotta try and strike while there are still injury concerns otherwise it would never happen.
So to clarify the trade has to be today based on known injury rather than the draft four months away when he could be better? I would not trade for an injured player as we learned from FA Ed Reed.
Old 12-12-2013   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Its really a sad situation IMO. The Redskins ruined RG3 by letting him play with damaged ligaments last season. It really pissed me off seeing that as I am a huge Rg3 fan.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #7
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I wouldn't do it. If anything I would trade out of the first round and have 2 the following year and get Jameis Winston.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2013   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I wouldn't do it. If anything I would trade out of the first round and have 2 the following year and get Jameis Winston.
What if Winston does not come out or team with first pick does not want your two firsts?
Old 12-12-2013   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
^^^^
This

But if I couldn't make that trade I would trade this yrs pick and a 2015 1st for RG3 if his meds checked out.

I'm a huge RG3 guy though and think once the Shanny purge happens the Skins will be tetter in a couple of yrs. Like the Texans they Skins need to fix the OL.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #10
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

But if I couldn't make that trade I would trade this yrs pick and a 2015 1st for RG3 if his meds checked out.

I'm a huge RG3 guy though and think once the Shanny purge happens the Skins will be tetter in a couple of yrs. Like the Texans they Skins need to fix the OL.
I wouldn't touch Winston. Maybe next year if there isn't any more issues but right know no thanks.
Old 12-13-2013   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I wouldn't touch Winston. Maybe next year if there isn't any more issues but right know no thanks.
What issues?

Man was guilty of hanging out with hoes.

What 20 yr old kid in college hasn't.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #12
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What issues?

Man was guilty of hanging out with hoes.

What 20 yr old kid in college hasn't.
Just because they didn't press charges doesn't mean he didn't do it. If he was available to draft right now I would pass.

You've never met either one of them( him or her) and you weren't there so how do you know she's a hoe and he's not a rapist?
Old 12-12-2013   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

No. I would not do that.

That would get in the way of my drafting Jake Matthews.
Old 12-12-2013   #14
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope.
Old 12-12-2013   #15
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would y'all want to draft a RT so high in the draft? RT's can be had with 2nd round or even later picks. We didn't get Duane until the end of the 1st and he might've even have fallen to the second.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Why would y'all want to draft a RT so high in the draft? RT's can be had with 2nd round or even later picks. We didn't get Duane until the end of the 1st and he might've even have fallen to the second.
But not the quality of Matthews nor could most of them replace Brown in a few years and keep going to pro bowl; even my guy James would be solid RT but not a left.
Old 12-12-2013   #17
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
But not the quality of Matthews nor could most of them replace Brown in a few years and keep going to pro bowl; even my guy James would be solid RT but not a left.
I'm sure that no draftnik had Brown on their boards in the first round and look at him now. Look at Buffalo getting Cordy Glenn in the second round and making him into a Pro Bowl level LT.

I see no reason to spend a high draft pick on a RT to maybe someday replace LT when we have needs at way more important positions (QB, LB, DT) and we have a high draft pick to use it on.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

No. I'm not convinced he'll ever be the same guy he was at the beginning of his career again. I think Shanahan broke him and then continued to pile on by not sitting him for Cousins at the beginning of this season.

I think we can do more with that first pick than get a guy who's probably already washed up.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
The kind of lineman you're talking about drafting that early can play multiple positions on the line and play those positions at an exceptionally high level. When the Oiler's line was stocked with Bruce Matthews, Mike Munchak, and Dean Steinkuhler It really didn't make all that much difference who the other two guys were as long as they were at least minimally capable. Building that kind of wall up front makes everything work better and it's an investment that can last a decade.
Old 12-12-2013   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The kind of lineman you're talking about drafting that early can play multiple positions on the line and play those positions at an exceptionally high level. When the Oiler's line was stocked with Bruce Matthews, Mike Munchak, and Dean Steinkuhler It really didn't make all that much difference who the other two guys were as long as they were at least minimally capable. Building that kind of wall up front makes everything work better and it's an investment that can last a decade.
True it can pay dividends for a decade. That still leaves a lot of room on how to do it. A Football Life did an episode on The Wall of the 90's Cowboys. It started with a 3rd round pick as its highest picked player.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read