Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2013   #1
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak just got fired

About time.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/12/...ns-head-coach/
Old 12-06-2013   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak just got fired

Impossible. McNair would never do it in season. Besides, what's the point?

Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #3
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89849 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

About time

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Gary for helping build a foundation for this franchise.

Too bad you weren't the guy to see this team make it thru to the next level. Can you please take Rick/Wade with you so the housecleaning can be complete.

Best of luck in your future endevoros. Take care of your health 1st.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #5
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

take wade with him
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #6
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #7
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

Marciano next
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2013   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Per McNair: Wade is a candidate. Then this: "We have a young QB in Case Keenum and we need to find out if he can be a starter". Hmm wonder if this says Bob upset Schaub came in.
Old 12-06-2013   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

RICK SMITH NEXT PLZZZZ BOB

O HAPPY DAYS O HAPPY DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #10
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

It was time but I still wish Kubes the best. He got our franchise on track and gave us our first taste of some sort of success. It's unfortunate that he's a 'middling' head coach and couldn't become something more while with us. Still he had his accomplishments but it's about going to that next level which should always be the goal.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
RICK SMITH NEXT PLZZZZ BOB

O HAPPY DAYS O HAPPY DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!
Wade Phillips should be next. Wade should've been first. If it weren't for his daddy dying, & what his daddy meant to the City of Houston, I'd have fired him a long time ago.

Promoted Kollar. Would love to promote Herring but I don't know what his loyalties or aspirations are. He may be fine "knowing" he'll have a job with Wade where ever Wade goes.

Vance Joseph would be walking a thin line.
Old 12-06-2013   #12
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Per McNair: Wade is a candidate. Then this: "We have a young QB in Case Keenum and we need to find out if he can be a starter". Hmm wonder if this says Bob upset Schaub came in.
Wade is a candidate? That scares the **** out of me.
Old 12-06-2013   #13
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Same here, I prefer Kubiak. NOT because I think Kubiak is better. At least with Kubiak it was only one horrid season away from being gone. I just dont want to wait another 8 years to have HOPE that we get a real HC.

Wade and Kubiak as men, I like them (what I know about them) neither of them are what I want to lead this team however.

If Wade is just filler, Im okay with it.... if he takes the position fully (as I feared when he took on DC)
Old 12-06-2013   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I think Wade's just a "courtesy candidate". At least I hope so. No Wade for HC!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
That's what I'm hearing this morning.

Personally, I've seen enough of Case to know. He has had plenty of opportunity to show he can be a starter, hasn't played well enough to not take a QB in the top 10 (much less top 5).

We might have a Rivers/Brees situation next season. Case may end up being a starter, but from what I've seen, it makes no sense not to take a QB early in the first & I was a guy rooting to not "need" a QB. But we can't take that chance.
Old 12-06-2013   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's what I'm hearing this morning.

Personally, I've seen enough of Case to know. He has had plenty of opportunity to show he can be a starter, hasn't played well enough to not take a QB in the top 10 (much less top 5).

We might have a Rivers/Brees situation next season. Case may end up being a starter, but from what I've seen, it makes no sense not to take a QB early in the first & I was a guy rooting to not "need" a QB. But we can't take that chance.
I agree with that somewhat. But if we take a quarterback high in the draft, Case will NEVER be given the time to develop, and he will NEVER be given the chance to be the Texans starting QB.

I don't think you can fairly judge if Case has what it takes, based upon his performance for the rest of THIS season. He will need another set of OTAs, and another full training camp to be evaluated fairly and be given a fair chance to start.

But he will NEVER be given that fair chance if they take a QB high in the draft. It will be the high dollar draft pick vs. the undrafted free agent. And we all know how that ball rolls.

This is the way it will go down. They will draft the next QB bust, and Keenum will go somewhere else and become the next Drew Brees.

And that would really SUCK. But is already something I'm afraid of.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...Hmm wonder if this says Bob upset Schaub came in.
Absolutely. Gary supposedly was considering Schaub again. McNair was pizzed to see Schaub in J-Ville.

Emphasis given when McNair announced Keenum as the starting QB for the rest of the season instead if Rick. Gary left the building mad.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #18
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnbni99a View Post
Marciano next
He should have been fired three years ago.
Old 12-06-2013   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
He should have been fired three years ago.
This whole group should of been.
Old 12-06-2013   #20
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
A good man just lost his job and you are making jokes.

Funny one as hell though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read