Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2013   #1
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Score Prediction: Houston at Jacksonville

Thursday Night Football at its finest.

Let's see, I'll try and make this short and sweet and give my reasoning.

They beat us 13-6 in Houston not too long ago. Even though I think we can play much better offensively, as seen today against New England, I don't like the way our offense matches up against their opportunistic defense. The Jaguars defense has nine sacks in their last four games and they have an impressive 3-1 record in that time.

Just a total team effort and relentless pass rush they've been able to generate from what I've seen out of them in recent weeks. Guys like Jason Babin, Paul Posluszny, Russell Allen and Geno Hayes seem to fly around the field. And I thought their entire defensive line man-handled our offensive line in that last game at Reliant Stadium. That young safety they have Johnathan Cyprien hits like a truck.

I also see Chad Henne, Cecil Shorts and Maurice Jones-Drew all having monster games against our struggling defense. In fact, Maurice Jones-Drew had arguably his best game of the season against the Texans a couple Sundays ago. 14 carries for 84 yards (6.0) with 1 TD and 6 catches for 60 yards (10.0). There is no reason to think our defense can perform any better on Thursday Night.

Josh Scobee is one of the better kickers in the league as well.
Factoring all of this into my score prediction, non-bias of course.

It pains me to write this but I have to give my honest opinion...

Jaguars 27, Texans 13

I think we'll put up a fight for a half but the roar of the red-hot Jags at EverBank Field and in front of their fans, it's going to be too much for us to overcome. We are not a good road team and this is a primetime game on the NFL Network. And as I mentioned before, the Jaguars are 3-1 in their last 4 games with quality wins over the Browns, Texans and Titans.

Our consolation prize: The first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft
At least it's a short week and we don't have to wait long for this loss.

So anyways, go ahead and discuss. At this point does anybody really think we can win?
Old 12-02-2013   #2
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Score Prediction: Houston at Jacksonville

Jags will be pooped after their win in Cleveland on Sunday.

Texans finally get off the schneid, 20-16.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #3
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
Jags will be pooped after their win in Cleveland on Sunday.

Texans finally get off the schneid, 20-16.
I actually believe the Texans will be the team hurt the most by a short work week. They played so hard today against the Patriots. I was proud that they finally put in a decent 60 minutes of football. But I doubt they can do it for two weeks in a row especially having to travel and play in a hostile environment.

The only optimistic feeling I have is that the Jaguars are winless at home this season. But that could also be a bad thing for the Texans as well. The Jaguars are riding high off two straight road wins and three in their last four games, that they will probably be extra motivated to win their first game of the season on their home field.

Just the matchups it comes down to in my eyes. I know what both teams can do and the Jaguars are simply the better football team right now. There's a reason why they are 3-9 and we are 2-10, with them already beating us a couple Sundays ago. This is common sense I'm using here. I am not overthinking this or being a homer for a change.
Old 12-02-2013   #4
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

What you're saying sounds perfectly logical.

But after following the NFL closely for nearly 40 years, I've learned that logic often doesn't apply.

Kind of like the Texans losing a close one to the Patriots.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't care as long as the Texans have the smaller number.

I'm fully committed to tanking.
Old 12-02-2013   #6
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

With the Jacksonville win today, the Texans can win this and still have the first pick.... I hope they win. I'm just tired of losing. It's really ****ing up my sundays. I don't even feel like watching football after the Texans lose.
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #7
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

The Texans surprised me and scored an extra Touchdown on that one Matt Schaub drive. I was expecting Case Keenum to play the entire game. Had he done so it probably would have been a 27-13 Jaguars win, and I'd have hit the nail on the head with my score prediction.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read