Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-22-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jerry Jones is Full of.............

..........himself.........and the other stuff too.

He's got a great GM that he plans to give an extension to for another 15-20 years. Hope all them Cowboys fans are enjoying the good news.......

Quote:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones just gave his coach a vote of confidence, guaranteeing Jason Garrett would remain on the job next season regardless what happens in the final six weeks of the season.

But his General Manager got an even bigger endorsement Friday, and that guys got contractual security for decades.

The facts are that I really do think the way things have rolled out that Im getting to do some of the best work that Ive done, relatively speaking in my career of these last several years, Jones said on his weekly radio show on KRLD-FM, via Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Given that it was radio, and given that it was Jones, its impossible to tell if he had a straight face when he said it.

After winning three Super Bowls early in his reign, things have flattened out for the Cowboys.

Since 1997, theyre a clean 133-133, with one playoff win.

While he sees the criticisms of the current administration (i.e. him) as fair, he also didnt dispute the notion that hed remain his own G.M. for the next 15 to 20 years.

Of course, I said it, and I really meant that and just think about that a minute: Why wouldnt you? Jones said. One of the reasons that I to some degree have taken the risks that I have over the years and kind of had the professional life that I followed is so that I get to decide when enough is enough. God willing. So I do get to decide that.

Its a certain part of working for yourself if you still are standing when the time comes. So I get to really make that decision, and I want to make it in a way that I think is in the best interest of the team, franchise and really our fans. A lot of people just need to hear me say I know its in our best interest for us to operate the way we have. Its unfortunate that over these last five or six years that we havent had a few things turn right for us at the end of the season, needing to win one of out of two games to get into the playoffs, having a healthy quarterback, all of those things.

But weve been a lot closer than it seems.

And as long as thats good with the owner, the architect of the team apparently has a lifetime contract to keep building a team that keeps looking closer than it actually is.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerry Jones is Full of.............

I loooove me some Jerruh!!!
Old 11-22-2013   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 279120 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Soooo....how about them Cowboys...
Old 11-22-2013   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Why doesn't he just fire Jason Garrett and coach the team too ...

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Bleh.

All I can think about is what if McNair comes out and notes this same thing, keeping Smithiak even after this season's cluster.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Bleh.

All I can think about is what if McNair comes out and notes this same thing, keeping Smithiak even after this season's cluster.
That: "All I can think about is what if McNair comes out and notes this same thing, keeping Smithiak even after this season's cluster" still isn't as bad as that "cluster fuk" in Dallas!
Old 11-22-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Why doesn't he just fire Jason Garrett and coach the team too ...
I agree. Jerruh needs to put on the headset.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2013   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

He'd be 91 at the end of the 20 years if he really does remain as GM that long. If he does, the Cowboys will basically turn into what the Raiders had become under Al Davis.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The facts are that I really do think the way things have rolled out that Im getting to do some of the best work that Ive done, relatively speaking in my career of these last several years, Jones said on his weekly radio show on KRLD-FM, via Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
So Jerruh thinks he sucks less as a GM than he has in the past...? That's a pretty low bar.

If you watched that draft room video before & during their first day selection it was exceedingly obvious Jerruh choked on that selection and Garrett knew it but had no input.

Travis Frederick may not be Felix Jones, but Jerruh still sucks. Enjoy, Cowboyfan.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

People can make fun of the Cowboys, but hell we are facing even worse problems right now with Hokey McNair. We've been with Kubiak for 8 years now and it might end up being 9. We have similar problems.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read