Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2013   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19489 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What do you want to see from the rest of the season?

Let's assume that there's not going to be any coaching/management change for the rest of this season (I think that's a safe assumption), but that we have no idea what will happen after the season (I think that's also a safe assumption). I'm wondering what it is that other folks hope to see from the remainder of the season. There was a time when I'd have said I just want to see them turn things around and win a few (preferably in a row). But, given my expectation levels going into the season, and my disappointment now, I almost don't care whether we win or lose.

For me, I think the one important thing is to determine if Keenum can be a franchise-level QB going forward. We are going to have a high (maybe very high) draft pick. This might be our best chance to pick up a franchise QB, and we need to know as much as possible whether we need one, or whether Keenum can be the centerpiece to lead us on.

Maybe it's the preseason optimism holding out, but I don't think our team is in as bad of shape as our record indicates (i.e. we have a lot of good players in place that should let us be competitive in the future). I doubt that we'll have this good of a draft pick in future years. If Keenum can be a long-term solution at QB who can lead us to the playoffs, we can spend our top draft pick to address another area. If he's not going to be that guy, I think we need to go all out (trading up if necessary) to get the best QB we can - one that we at least think can be a SB-winner in the future. I don't care about much else (OK, people staying healthy) than this at this point. I'm curious if others have different ideas?
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: What do you want to see from the rest of the season?

I want to see Keenum develop, obviously. I want to see how Swearinger and Hopkins do. I want to see Derek Newton fired. I want to see the rest of the league recognize that JJ Watt is still the best defensive player in football. I want to see AJ get double digit TDs for the first time ever.
Old 11-21-2013   #3
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I want to see Keenum develop, obviously. I want to see how Swearinger and Hopkins do. I want to see Derek Newton fired. I want to see the rest of the league recognize that JJ Watt is still the best defensive player in football. I want to see AJ get double digit TDs for the first time ever.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 11-21-2013   #4
BigBull
Veteran

Rep Power: 8552 BigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I totally agree with you on Keenum. I would also like to see what some of the other young players like, Brandon Harris, Crick, Braman, Tuggle, Pleasant, and Dennis Johnson play more to see if they are worth keeping or if they need to upgrade. Since the season is lost they need to evaluate the talent level not just keep doing the same thing over an over and expecting a different result is insane.
BigBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really want to see anything else from this team this season. I switched to watching NFL Red Zone on Sundays a few weeks ago, and don't care to go back. I'd rather watch the best parts of other games than the Texans. If there is no management change this offseason, I won't care much at all going into next season. I can't imagine seeing Schaub start again in 2014. That honestly seems too incomprehensible for me to consider.
Old 11-21-2013   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Brooke Reed's flowing locks fly through the air as he gets blocked by scrub TE's and doesn't have any impact at all.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

No lame excuses, that's what I want to see.
Old 11-21-2013   #8
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

honestly

I want them to play better but still lose out, at this point winning is just useless

I want to see the young players grow and the veterans step up in key moments

I want to see everyone healthy untill the end

I want to see those that will be free agents next year play like crap (someone has to suck in order to lose games, so I would like them to be the ones)

basically I want to have some fun watching games
Old 11-21-2013   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134946 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't really want to see anything else from this team this season. I switched to watching NFL Red Zone on Sundays a few weeks ago, and don't care to go back. I'd rather watch the best parts of other games than the Texans. If there is no management change this offseason, I won't care much at all going into next season. I can't imagine seeing Schaub start again in 2014. That honestly seems too incomprehensible for me to consider.
Well that's wishy washy!!!!! You need to suffer like the rest of us.

I want to see what players should stay and which ones should go.
Old 11-21-2013   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129553 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see:

a. Mr. J.J. Watt to be appointed the NFL's FIRST player/defensive co-ordinator as he prepares to unleash hell upon offenses next season.

b. Kubiak demoted to offensive co-ordinator.

c. Schaub demoted to back up QB where he belongs.

d. Bill gettin his own Saturday Morning Cartoon

e. Bill Cowher becoming the NEW head coach here in Houston

f. Bullock fired, and banned from playing, coaching or even WATCHING football ever again.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251514 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see Keenum continue to grow and to lock down the QB position enabling the Texans to spend their resources fixing other areas of the team. I'd like to see the starting corners show up and the line get its act together for the remainder of the year.

Mostly though it's about Keenum getting playing time and improving. Some people say that if Kubiak is gone then Keenum won't get a shot because a new coach will want his own QB. I say that this is an owner who hired Kubiak more or less on the condition that he answer the question "Can we win with David Carr?" in the affirmative.

I don't want to see Keenum show well enough for McNair to hold the next coach to using him. I want him to show well enough for the next coach to want to use him. McNair will do the rest.
Old 11-21-2013   #12
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to see the fans stop trying to compete with NY or Philly for top a-hole fanbase by cheering injuries and booing the home team.
Old 11-21-2013   #13
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63941 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I'd love to see the fans stop trying to compete with NY or Philly for top a-hole fanbase by cheering injuries and booing the home team.
Thank you.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #14
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Boom! Goes the dynamite.

I'd like to see the cheerleaders wrestle in a baby pool filled with ky jelly.

Toro walking out on the field piss drunk and slapping people around.

Qb demonstration in knocking beer cans off the heads of front office personnel.
Old 11-21-2013   #15
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
omg stop being so wishy washy..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 258627 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Wins.

This losing **** is getting old.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fans weren't cheering injuries.. they were cheering the fact that a new QB was coming in, it just looked bad because the damn head coach didn't have the stones to pull Schaub out when he should have and it took a injury to get someone else in there... and fans boo in every NFL city in this country. Fans boo in just about every sports city in this country and around the world, it's nothing unique to NY or Philly.. or Houston, or even America.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Fans weren't cheering injuries.. they were cheering the fact that a new QB was coming in
That's your version. I think a more reasonable one is some cheered the injury and even more cheered the new QB coming in.
Old 11-21-2013   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wish you had spent the equivalent of your kids college tuition and had to watch this crap every Sunday in the same seats. Let me tell you something, my wife is a huge Texans fan (Not a football fan) and if the same crap that happened last Sunday happens again (She wants to see if Case is the future) I am going to have a hard time justifying my season tickets. It's never a good thing for the wives to be pissed.

BTW, I'm a 10 yr season ticket holder.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read