Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #1
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why I think Gary is costing us these games..

I honestly blame the second halves of these games on totally
absurd (almost self-defeatest coaching..)

Against KC Keenum threw a slant to Posey that almost went for
a TD. I have not seen that play attempted since.

In the first half against Indy, Case ran a naked bootleg
twice for a score and a deep completion. I have not seen that
play attempted in any of the second halves of games..

What I have seen in the second half is 5 step drops, straight
backwards where the defense can either come straight up
the middle on an overload or tee off on the edges and keep
the most mobile QB we have hemmed in.

So, as crazy as it sounds - I have convinced myself that Gary
would rather totally fail with his method of "how we should play
offense" than specifically use 3 weeks to find ways to use Keenum's
better athleticism to beat the blitzes coming at us.

Gary being pig-headed, I know better than you, Schaub gives us
the best chance to win, Gary..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #2
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54960 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why I think Gary is costing us these games..

The screen throw to Andre was a good playcall but I was wondering why he didn't call it before on 1st or second. I also don't see any other screens called for that matter.

Seems like either Case likes to throw it deep or Kubiak just seems to be calling 7 step drops instead of 3 step drops for Case like he does with Schaub.

I'm hoping Kubiak is fired before the Patriots game. Belichick is licking his chops ready to embarrass Kubiak again.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary is in far over his head. The league passes everyone by eventually.

"This business is filled to the brim with unrealistic people (edit). People (edit again) who think their ass will age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar...it does. If you mean it gets better with age...it don't."

Now, it's not that dire. Bits and pieces of the system Kubiak runs are all over the league and very effective but what he's doing, what he's always done and what he seems to be unable to change is not working. It's predictable and stale and no one is falling for it anymore.

Sorry Gary, it's time. say hi to Chuck Noll and Don Shula for us because you're the past. If you don't think your time is up then change and create something new.
Old 11-18-2013   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did he remove Keenum to replace him with Schaub? Schaub GETS YOU into the redzone...but NOT the end zone.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91511 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Why did he remove Keenum to replace him with Schaub? Schaub GETS YOU into the redzone...but NOT the end zone.
He got removed because he doesn't know how to make them pay for blitzing him. Eventually, he'll learn how, Kubiak or no Kubiak. But until then, that's all they are going to do.

That turnstile OL ain't helping matters. And running backs who cant recognize a blitz any better than Keenum can.

Oh yeah. This team has way too much talent ... blah ba blah ba blah

Yeah, it's all Gary.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
He got removed because he doesn't know how to make them pay for blitzing him. Eventually, he'll learn how, Kubiak or no Kubiak. But until then, that's all they are going to do.

That turnstile OL ain't helping matters. And running backs who cant recognize a blitz any better than Keenum can.

Yeah, it's all Gary.
It is all Gary. The buck stops with him and he needs to go.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 76973 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Yeah, it's all Gary.

I agree with most of what you state here.

Exception being, Keenum will never learn how to make them pay for blitzing him sitting on the bench. Throw him in there then study the film. Painful but necessary. Experience counts in the NFL. On the field not on the bench.

Hell, I could learn how to sit on the bench drinking Gatoraid.

And I stated the same thing several weeks ago about many of our players are overrated by our fellow fans.

Old 11-18-2013   #8
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post

I'm hoping Kubiak is fired before the Patriots game. Belichick is licking his chops ready to embarrass Kubiak again.
No way bro. I want him here and I want Schaub to start. I want Schaub to throw 2 pick 6's in his first 2 passes and Gary stick with him through the first half as we are down 35-0 going into the 2nd half.

Once this happens, and it probably will, McNair will be forced to fire him after the game and we don't have to deal with the anxiety of waiting all off season to see if he's going to be fired or survive ANOTHER horrible year.

Along with Kubiak, I pray that Wade, Marciano, Dennison, McCain and Newton leave with him mid season. It would be awesome if Schaub can be traded for a 6th round pick after the season (likely not though), but if we can't get anything in return then just cut him too and eat the $10.5 mill dead money. He's Brad Lidge now, I think he still has talent, but it will never be seen again in a Texan uniform.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #9
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The screen throw to Andre was a good playcall but I was wondering why he didn't call it before on 1st or second. I also don't see any other screens called for that matter.

Seems like either Case likes to throw it deep or Kubiak just seems to be calling 7 step drops instead of 3 step drops for Case like he does with Schaub.

thanks for pointing this out. i have been saying the same thing. if a team is recklessly blitzing you, a nice screen or hb draw can do serious damage and make them think twice before blitzing every down.

but nope, gotta do our 7 step drops and wait for that wide open TE streaking down the seam (which almost never happens anymore).
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #10
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 858 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They ran all kinds of screens against Oakland ... WR screens, TE screens and HB screens. Some worked for a few yards ... some totally failed.
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
So, as crazy as it sounds - I have convinced myself that Gary
would rather totally fail with his method of "how we should play
offense" than specifically use 3 weeks to find ways to use Keenum's
better athleticism to beat the blitzes coming at us.
I think this is all that needs to be said. Kubiak's history as a head coach tells us as much.

If he likes someone, he has no problem letting them outlive their usefulness. It happened with Richard Smith, Frank Bush, and Joe Marciano.

The same goes for Kubiak kickers. He let Kris Brown stay at least one season too long and now we're seeing the pattern repeat itself with Bullock. Any other coach would have sent them packing after 2 bad games and brought in another guy for the league minimum.

Not even going to mention Schaub. That'll be stating the obvious.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read