Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2013   #1
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

wtf... I can't imagine how bad the stadium would erupt if Case was pulled and he trotted Matt back on the field.

Quote:
The coach hasn't given up on Matt Schaub, who morphed into an interception machine this season before giving way to Keenum. Kubiak said Schaub "is playing really hard" and wants back on the field before the season closes.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-keenum-as-qb

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

God I hope he does put Schaub back in, that'll be hilarious!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub can start for whatever team Kubiak goes to then.
Old 11-13-2013   #4
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he does and Bob will finally see that this clown has no business being a NFL Head Coach.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #5
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I hope he does and Bob will finally see that this clown has no business being a NFL Head Coach.
If I thought it would convince McNair to hire another head coach, I'd be for it. But I don't. McNair is as loyal to Kubiak as Kubiak is loyal to Schaub.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #6
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not seeing as much in it as others but in regards to trade value....that isn't happening fellas. Obviously we're talking offseason since trade deadline has passed and no team will trade for him knowing he's a likely post June 1st cut. Everyone in the league knows the situation and that the Texans need to cut him after June 1st to save themselves from having to pay more on his contract over keeping him on their roster. Teams simply do not trade for players in these situations especially with the type of contract he has currently. Simply is not happening.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

This is Kubiak trying to do his best impression of the Titanic.
Old 11-14-2013   #8
Coolhand_Luke
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Coolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respectedCoolhand_Luke is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing Kubiac does surprises me when it comes down to the blind loyalty with his guys. We all have seen it, K. walter, Schaub, Marciano, frank Bush.....the list goes on. Schaub never was that good a quaterback. In his best years, he was above average(yea, I get it he went to the pro bowl, but so did wade Smith last year.....). Schaub has a lot of limitations and idiotic Kubiak decided to stick with him. Most of Schaub big numbers came from against mediorce to bad teams bc we were bad and had soft schedule. When play against tough competitions, he crumbled....and that's a fact. Even playing the Bengals last year, most of us forget that we nearly lost that game, when Matty threw the ball straight into a D lineman coming at him. And it continued to snow ball from the last 1/3 of last season to this year for Matty. THis was supposed to be a breakthrough year for us and Matty could not handle the pressure. The team was healthy for most of the part when Matty was playing. If he gets cut right now or by end of season, no one will have him as a starter, I think everyone can agree to that.

Here comes Kubiac with his lame comment about the QB situation. Kub, no one wants to see your boy on the field ever again, and most of us don't want you around either. Your record speaks for itself, a 0.500 HC. The team will find the way to make it looks like you're stepping down by end of season just because Bob likes you that much. You want to criticize Case and throw him under the bus after he's done many good thing, with no running back, a pathetic Oline?? Enough of this comedy already. You don't need to crack anymore jokes, bc people already laughing at you enough, coach. Case did not play well on the last drive when he threw the ball away on 3rd down and 2nd down, but make no mistakes that he did a lot of good things on that game considering he had to run for his life most of the game. So what if he had some near picks passes? that would still put his TD to int ratio at a respectable level. What happened to the "I got to fix me, I got to protect Matt.....bs" after Matty fell flats on his face, game after game?? why don't you offer Case some benifits of a doubt. You're done as HC with this team, dude. How can you lead a team when you almost dropped dead(no punt intended) out fear/stress on the sideline? I wish you could stay as an OC but it's not how this business works. So long Coach!!
Coolhand_Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #9
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand_Luke View Post
Nothing Kubiac does surprises me when it comes down to the blind loyalty with his guys. We all have seen it, K. walter, Schaub, Marciano, frank Bush.....the list goes on. Schaub never was that good a quaterback. In his best years, he was above average(yea, I get it he went to the pro bowl, but so did wade Smith last year.....). Schaub has a lot of limitations and idiotic Kubiak decided to stick with him. Most of Schaub big numbers came from against mediorce to bad teams bc we were bad and had soft schedule. When play against tough competitions, he crumbled....and that's a fact. Even playing the Bengals last year, most of us forget that we nearly lost that game, when Matty threw the ball straight into a D lineman coming at him. And it continued to snow ball from the last 1/3 of last season to this year for Matty. THis was supposed to be a breakthrough year for us and Matty could not handle the pressure. The team was healthy for most of the part when Matty was playing. If he gets cut right now or by end of season, no one will have him as a starter, I think everyone can agree to that.

Here comes Kubiac with his lame comment about the QB situation. Kub, no one wants to see your boy on the field ever again, and most of us don't want you around either. Your record speaks for itself, a 0.500 HC. The team will find the way to make it looks like you're stepping down by end of season just because Bob likes you that much. You want to criticize Case and throw him under the bus after he's done many good thing, with no running back, a pathetic Oline?? Enough of this comedy already. You don't need to crack anymore jokes, bc people already laughing at you enough, coach. Case did not play well on the last drive when he threw the ball away on 3rd down and 2nd down, but make no mistakes that he did a lot of good things on that game considering he had to run for his life most of the game. So what if he had some near picks passes? that would still put his TD to int ratio at a respectable level. What happened to the "I got to fix me, I got to protect Matt.....bs" after Matty fell flats on his face, game after game?? why don't you offer Case some benifits of a doubt. You're done as HC with this team, dude. How can you lead a team when you almost dropped dead(no punt intended) out fear/stress on the sideline? I wish you could stay as an OC but it's not how this business works. So long Coach!!
I do agree with this, he never put blame on Schaub when he messed up, he alwasy said I our we or some BS, and then here comes case and he straight up calls him out saying he has made a lot of mistakes this and that. Wow Kubiak must be trying to live his failed back up carer through Schaub..
Old 11-14-2013   #10
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32864 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

No way Gary benches Keenum for Schaub if Matt looks good in practice -- that would be as dumb as keeping Bollocks as the starting kicker when other guys (that have played with us already) are out there..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub won't just be in the NFL next year, he'll be starting for somebody though certainly not here in Houston. Whatever his shortcomings and liabilites, there's 31 other teams and many have QBs who lack both talent & experience.
I can even see a scenario where Schaub is starting in the AFC South next year
for the Titans or Jags if they decide to draft a QB and need somebody to start for them in the near term while developing their young QB.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Schaub won't just be in the NFL next year, he'll be starting for somebody though certainly not here in Houston. Whatever his shortcomings and liabilites, there's 31 other teams and many have QBs who lack both talent & experience.
I can even see a scenario where Schaub is starting in the AFC South next year
for the Titans or Jags if they decide to draft a QB and need somebody to start for them in the near term while developing their young QB.
No way because no other coach has or wants to bend over backwards to hide Schaubs shortcomings .
Old 11-14-2013   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

That last statement is just funny in a "I can't believe this guy has coached our team so f'n long kind of way".

You're not going to give anyone anything...especially the qb? Really?

So what reason would you have for putting Matt back in there? Because he's earned it in practice? Seriously?

Pardon my French, but if kubiak throws Matt back out there for any reason besides a case injury in going to be convinced that they are screwing. Being lovers is the only reason I can come up with for why he'd coddle Schaub like this. Maybe his hidden kid from his teenage years.

The statement alone shows a disconnect with reality. Kubiak is not mentally fit to be an nfl head coach.

Honestly, it's probably best for all involved including him and his health, if he just bows out.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Look, if the texans don't give a ****, neither do I.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013   #15
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Look, if the texans don't give a ****, neither do I.
^^^^
This
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This
People will tailgate until halftime .
Old 11-16-2013   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope that Kubiak does bring Schaub back. That would pretty much seal his fate with this organization, so I"m all for it. Kubiak would probably never become a head coach of any other organization again, and Sumlin will probably leave the Aggies in a few years. It would set Kubiak up perfectly to take the HC job at Texas A&M for years. I'd love to see that happen.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013   #18
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak was simply trying to light a fire under Keenum -- not that one needed to be lit.

It was a bit unsettling for Kubiak to say Keenum has done some good things but "made a lot of mistakes." He never talked about Schaub that way, not even when Schaub was at his worst this season.

But I think all of this will be a moot point in a few weeks. Unless the Texans reel off some wins, I think Kubiak will be gone. It'll be positioned that it's his decision, and that he needs some time away from the game.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I hope that Kubiak does bring Schaub back. That would pretty much seal his fate with this organization, so I"m all for it. Kubiak would probably never become a head coach of any other organization again, and Sumlin will probably leave the Aggies in a few years. It would set Kubiak up perfectly to take the HC job at Texas A&M for years. I'd love to see that happen.
I can always trust Kubiak to be same stubborn moronic HC that never learns. Please pull the plug finally Mcnair. This is to much of a no brainer.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #20
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
wtf... I can't imagine how bad the stadium would erupt if Case was pulled and he trotted Matt back on the field.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...e-keenum-as-qb
From the article: "He has to continue to play well to stay in there," Kubiak said, per the Houston Chronicle.

So he is being held to a different standard than the rest of the team?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read