Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 190768 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcat View Post
Dave Toub, ST coach with KC. This guy is going to be another Harbaugh.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/8...ams-highlights
Hey ... if y'all want a special teams coach , good , Bob has a favorite in Joe Marciano . He's a great face of the franchise kinda like another #8 .

Link to the first/original thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64514

Round Dan
Old 11-11-2013   #2
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coaching candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
My number 1 GM prospect would be:

Eric DeCosta Ozzie Newsome's long time protege
I like that. Newsome has done wonders for Baltimore. Maybe he could bring a scout or two with him.

I like Reed as a secondary coach. Let Ed coach up the youngsters.

We need a fresh offensive system, Garys has been figured out and exposed. Not sure who the next OC needs to be, but they need to bring something fresh to the table, and not conservative.

Wades defense has also been figured out, and puts too much stock in the blitz. We need to get better at applying pressure with four up front, and controlling the field in coverage. We need to bring in a defensive scheme that is cutting edge, and not the same ol same ol.

ST needs to be completely re-vamped. Bring in someone who is shining at the college level.
Old 11-11-2013   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Clear a couple things up first:

Shaw won't be leaving Stanford.
Lovie Smith is not a good coach
Gruden isn't leaving MNF

Now, some other prospects mentioned:

Tony Dungy may be the most overrated coach in NFL history (Anyone could have done what he did with Peyton. In fact, a really good coach would have won many more titles). Just see what Jim Caldwell did with Peyton (14-2) and without.

Rex Ryan isn't getting fired by the Jets - he has done a phenomenal job this year. He's weird, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Tony Dungy also built the defense that Gruden won his SB with...I feel safe in assuming he has an eye for defensive talent..especially when you consider how good his defenses were in Indy.

I'd like to see David Shaw or Obrien from Penn State...
Old 11-11-2013   #4
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Dungy has categorically said he is done with coaching, kaput, finished, never to go back. Enjoying his life after coaching to much to ever go back.
Old 11-11-2013   #5
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

You need a good GM with an eye for talent no matter who you hire. I don't like a coach having total control or the final say on personnel decisions. It just gives them more things to worry about and its hard enough to coach without having to find players too.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
Old 11-11-2013   #6
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45123 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
You need a good GM with an eye for talent no matter who you hire. I don't like a coach having total control or the final say on personnel decisions. It just gives them more things to worry about and its hard enough to coach without having to find players too.
Unless someone like Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells walks through the door.
Old 11-11-2013   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

You call Cowher, without a doubt. Lovie was well loved up here, even with the firing. Good man, runs great Ds. His issue was working with a GM to hire a competent O Coordinator. Zimmer needs a shot at some point. I'm just a little worried why he hasn't gotten one so far. Not sure if his style wears on people.

LZ threw this out today. I haven't watched his work as much as others so no real opinion here.

Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 2h
I would take Kyle Shanahan as play-caller in HOU in a heartbeat. I would also consider him w/ interview if HOU went in diff direction at HC
Old 11-11-2013   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
You call Cowher, without a doubt. Lovie was well loved up here, even with the firing. Good man, runs great Ds. His issue was working with a GM to hire a competent O Coordinator. Zimmer needs a shot at some point. I'm just a little worried why he hasn't gotten one so far. Not sure if his style wears on people.

LZ threw this out today. I haven't watched his work as much as others so no real opinion here.
Makes a lot of sense. Give Gary his final year contract while lightening his load by bringing back Kyle. Rick Smith will remain the GM. Soild call.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 11-11-2013   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

We already had little Shanny (28 years old) here and groomed him for daddy to take to Washington as his oc. He isn't going to come back and do the same job he is already doing for his dad. I sure wouldn't want him as head coach here. He is way to inexperienced for that job. I think we need to go in a different direction.
Old 11-11-2013   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be happy with either Lovie Smith or Kevin Sumlin.

Old 11-11-2013   #11
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Wonder what Rob Ryan could do with our defensive players?
Old 11-14-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Old 11-17-2013   #13
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont know who is the commentator with Kalu but he just called it. Said everything with Case and Kubiak was smoke and mirrors. Nice to hear the media finally call it.

I wonder if Kubiak called the best plays for Case...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Old 11-17-2013   #14
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29606 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I dont know who is the commentator with Kalu but he just called it. Said everything with Case and Kubiak was smoke and mirrors. Nice to hear the media finally call it.

I wonder if Kubiak called the best plays for Case...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
What does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2013   #15
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
What does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Essentially that Kubiak was never going to give Case a fair chance no matter what. He was going to go back to Schaub no matter what.
Old 11-17-2013   #16
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 10980 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak should be fired tonight and Dennison promoted to interim HC for the remainder of the season. I would prefer Sumlin replace him and build a spread offense around Keenum like he did at UofH, but that's a pipe dream.

Fitzpatrick is legit.
Old 11-17-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Kubiak should be fired tonight and Dennison promoted to interim HC for the remainder of the season. I would prefer Sumlin replace him and build a spread offense around Keenum like he did at UofH, but that's a pipe dream.
I agree with the Kubiak being fired tonight. I agree Dennison should be interim HC. Definitely not Wade. 28 points to a rookie undrafted free agent in his first start ever..... pfft.

I don't care about Keenum. Most everybody is looking past his faults but they're getting bigger & bigger to me. I can't see passing on a 1st round QB if Case can't move the ball on the Raiders. 22nd against the pass. & Ben Tate ran pretty well against the 7th ranked run defense.
Old 11-17-2013   #18
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with the Kubiak being fired tonight. I agree Dennison should be interim HC. Definitely not Wade. 28 points to a rookie undrafted free agent in his first start ever..... pfft.

I don't care about Keenum. Most everybody is looking past his faults but they're getting bigger & bigger to me. I can't see passing on a 1st round QB if Case can't move the ball on the Raiders. 22nd against the pass. & Ben Tate ran pretty well against the 7th ranked run defense.
They either need to draft Jake Matthews, or get a pass rusher next to Watt. The draft is deep with QBs. Or possibly trade down for more picks.
Old 11-17-2013   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak should be getting his walking papers right now.

Old 11-17-2013   #20
Flyingfish
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Flyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respectedFlyingfish is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Calling out players appears to be missing the point

A wholesale change of players and letting the front office and the coaching staff remain intact is treating the symptoms and ignoring the disease. This team is lost in the FOG (Friends of Geary).

Geary calls the plays, the QB's cannot audible out unless it is to one of the other called plays. The play calling has been childish at best, which is why Case's best plays have been the product of him running for his life and improvising with the WR's (ask AJ) and the tight ends. On the other hand, Schaub cannot escape so he relies on dumping his famous 2 yd pass - either near one of our players or to one of theirs.

Kubiak's famed offense has been figured out, game-planned and every team is ready for it. To say it isn't is to ignore the fact that the Run and Shoot was once all the rage, as was the famed Dallas Flex-Defense. Gimmicks get figured out.

Time has come to get this team out of the FOG. Cut Geary, the special teams coach and the O-Line coach on Monday. Make Wade the interim head HC, Kollar the DC and move Dorrell to OC. Reorganize the position staff to fill out the gaps. Put Rick Smith and everyone left that they are on notice - they are coaching for their (and Rick's) jobs. The new special teams coach, the new OC and new DC will be responsible for their units (Wade will not DC) and everyone will be held responsible for their units.

Finish cleaning out the players that are lost in the FOG. Bench Schaub and Frig Newton. Tell the Kicker his next miss will be his last. If they pout, put them on the inactive list and activate someone that knows no one owes them a position (Keenum starts, Yates over Schaub).

This season can build toward the draft and next year, or it can suck and create a toxic and disorganized situation at draft time.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read