Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2013   #1
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

According to Ian Rappaport on his twitter page. I'm on my phone so can't post it
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #2
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

They're 2 years too late. Unfortunately, they'll likely bring him back.
Old 11-10-2013   #3
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Here it is.

Quote:
#Texans front office a bit frustrated with Kubiak/coaches (4-10 in last 14). Coaches have too much draft input, keep stars on field too long.
Old 11-10-2013   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

And whose fault is it if the coaches have too much influence on the draft? I believe that would be Smith?

I totally agree that they leave "name" players on the field too long after their production falls off. Kubiak seems to place locker room presence and team chemistry over on field production a lot of times.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I totally agree that they leave "name" players on the field too long after their production falls off. Kubiak seems to place locker room presence and team chemistry over on field production a lot of times.
I agree, but I find it ironic that all the offseason reports were that the front office was mostly responsible for bringing in Ed Reed. Meanwhile, Wade Phillips was responsible for moving Glover Quin to safety, where he did a pretty decent job.
Old 11-10-2013   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am just as frustrated with Rick Smith's inability to manage the salary cap. If Kubes is gone he needs to be right behind him.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I am just as frustrated with Rick Smith's inability to manage the salary cap. If Kubes is gone he needs to be right behind him.
Perhaps you could spend a little time learning about the cap? We are in very good shape and have signed the FAs (ours & others) we wanted for the last two seasons. We should be able to sign any we want this off season within reason.
Old 11-10-2013   #8
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And whose fault is it if the coaches have too much influence on the draft? I believe that would be Smith?

On my phone so can't paste the link but there's a slightly fuller article on nfl.com which says the frustration is at a lack of in-game rotation, on the dline in particular leading to them being gassed late in games. Teams are beating us on 4th quarter comebacks consistently so it's hard to disagree. Then again how good is the talent behind the starters??
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
On my phone so can't paste the link but there's a slightly fuller article on nfl.com which says the frustration is at a lack of in-game rotation, on the dline in particular leading to them being gassed late in games. Teams are beating us on 4th quarter comebacks consistently so it's hard to disagree. Then again how good is the talent behind the starters??
Texans FO Frustrated with Kubiak

I got it for you.

Quote:
The interesting part of Rapoport's report is that he said the Texans' front office is "a bit frustrated" with Kubiak and the rest of his coaching staff.

The frustration stems from coaches having too much draft input and keeping stars on the field too long. Rapoport elaborated on the last point saying that the front office believes the lack of a defensive-line rotation leads to wearing down late in games.
Old 11-10-2013   #10
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I told everyone last year, having a smallish NT and no depth on the DL was going to hurt us. But most everyone wanted that elusive #2 WR.

Still having said that I like our options going forward. The early rounds of this coming draft is going to present is with some very interesting choices.
Old 11-10-2013   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

are they saying they keep them on the field too long after their production falls off... or are they saying they just keep them on the field too long?

Because there was plenty of times last season and the season before where we could've got starters out of the game and used garbage time to develop other players and build depth. If we did that the #2 QB position could've been solved before camp even started and Foster might have not been ran into the ground like he was.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
are they saying they keep them on the field too long after their production falls off... or are they saying they just keep them on the field too long?

Because there was plenty of times last season and the season before where we could've got starters out of the game and used garbage time to develop other players and build depth. If we did that the #2 QB position could've been solved before camp even started and Foster might have not been ran into the ground like he was.
The bold is what I was referring to. I misread the twatter post.

I agree with both, though.
Old 11-10-2013   #13
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 945 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

Not sure if that is what they meant but I agree. Based on history the only ways for a young player to see significant time on the field, are being a high draft pick at a position of need, injury or being a guy who they really like.

We have no rotation at OLB (Reed and Mercilus are rarely moved out unless injured or garbage time), with Cushing out, it seems like we won't have one at ILB even though Sharpton and Mays both are spotty at coverage duties and before injuries to Schaub, Martin along with our main RBs and Keenum being elevated, Jean and Posey weren't even getting targeted on the field in most cases.

Brice McCain has been horrible but he still gets put out as the nickle corner and in more then a few games is the one who gets targeted.

If I was a front office guy, who brings in talented guys that may or may not get consideration over vets they are better then I'd be frustrated with the coaching too for ignoring guys I thought would help the team for their personal favorites and projects.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

There's really nothing good about this being in the news. The team is at odds within, so winning is going to be extremely difficult.
Old 11-10-2013   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting time for this to be published, especially with an organization that rarely has leaks.

Change is coming.
Old 11-10-2013   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Interesting time for this to be published, especially with an organization that rarely has leaks.

Change is coming.

There was a leak in Dec 2010 that Kubiak was gone too and it never happened.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
Old 11-10-2013   #17
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
There was a leak in Dec 2010 that Kubiak was gone too and it never happened.
Do you remember who reported that?
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Change is coming.
It is interesting... I don't know what to make of it.

Kubiak is the F.O. He can't be frustrated with himself, & even if he were, he's the guy to fix it.
Old 11-10-2013   #19
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

This seems a lot like the rumors that came out in 2010. The FO is frustrated with Kubes, but the front office is Rick Smith and Gary hired him. Does this make any sense at all ?

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
Old 11-10-2013   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Change is coming.
That's exactly what I thought. For this organization this is how something like this begins. The only leaks the Texans ever have are intentional, planned leaks. I almost feel like I did the week Chris Palmer got sent packing. It's like the frustration is finally getting to the guys who make decisions.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read