Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2013   #1
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We Can Still Succeed This Season....

....by playing the Spoiler!

I was thinking in a devious frame-of-mind, ways in which I can still find some form of satisfaction during the upcoming NFL holiday season. Since our team is pretty much out of any hopes for a post-season showing, and knowing that the games during Thanksgiving and Christmas are fairly meaningless; we still have something we can cheer about. Although I have lots of admiration for the Colts tenacity and "luck", and I absolutely despise the Tacks, just because they deserve despicability....we can play the Spoiler.

Depending on how the rest of our divisional two-team race develops (Tennessee and Indianapolis), we could really put the hurt on their hopes just by making a win over us very difficult. Put the scare in them, hell...just beat 'em...in their own "house"!

We have another game with the Titans and Colts away, one game with Denver and another with New England here at home. We can have fun with this.

This should teach 'em since they'll be playing us lightly - with all the devastation we have experienced this season!

Last edited by YeaLikeRightNow; 11-05-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Punctuation
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #2
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

This is kinda like being awarded miss congeniality.

I get what your saying but being a spoiler doesn't get us into the playoffs, higher draft pick, or much else.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We Can Still Succeed This Season....

every team we face we can spoil

Dash any hope of the cards or raiders going to the playoffs

maybe knock the Pats and Denver out of the #1 seed spot

I think tho who would u rather see in the playoffs Indy or the tacks LOL

Keep the jags Winless LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Not losing to the Jags would be a good thing. Probably within reach too.
Old 11-05-2013   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I would've never thought our run would only last 2 seasons. We're back to playing for the P word. No, not that one...Pride
Old 11-05-2013   #6
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I would've never thought our run would only last 2 seasons. We're back to playing for the P word. No, not that one...Pride
The Texans will probably go 13-3 in 2014 and be back on top. But in the mean time this is great opportunity for Case Keenum to play the final ten games of the season. He's been very impressive in his first two. The Texans will probably win their next three games against the Cardinals, Raiders and Jaguars.

Dare I even say it? At 5-6, they could be back in the race for the final wild-card spot. It sucks we lost the games against the Colts, Chiefs and Seahawks - all were very winnable against three good teams. But all we can do is move forward.
Old 11-06-2013   #7
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Which one...picks?

Last edited by cbs1507; 11-06-2013 at 10:19 AM.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2013   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
every team we face we can spoil

Dash any hope of the cards or raiders going to the playoffs

maybe knock the Pats and Denver out of the #1 seed spot

I think tho who would u rather see in the playoffs Indy or the tacks LOL

Keep the jags Winless LOL
That's easy. I would rather see the Colts make the playoffs.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #9
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

If the definition of success is sucking so bad that the only consolation is maybe lowering other teams' playoff seeding then I want no part in that. This would be a much more successful season if we lose every single game left in the schedule, fire everyone in the FO and all the coaches, and assemble a FO from whoever we can get from the FO's of the Packers, 49ers, and Ravens and get a good coach and coaching staff.

I wish I could've been born in Boston. At least I'd have some reason to root for actual successful teams.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

In my eyes the season has already been a succes, because... We may have found our future starting QB. Schaub wasn't really a future option and he had too many limitations that would've prevented him from ever taking this team where we want them to go. We needed to take a step back to move foward.. This season is strictly about the development of Keenum.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #11
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
In my eyes the season has already been a succes, because... We may have found our future starting QB. Schaub wasn't really a future option and he had too many limitations that would've prevented him from ever taking this team where we want them to go. We needed to take a step back to move foward.. This season is strictly about the development of Keenum.
This. If Keenum proves to be the future QB of this team, I will look at this season being a small success.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I would totally agree if Kubiak wasn't still here, but as long as he us here we are going to be a problem or two away from making that next step. There is always some new problem that arises right when the last train wreck is healed from. This season has just confirmed more then any other season that Gary will hurt the team before he will get rid of a player or a coach that is a significant problem towards this team winning. Marciano and Bullock now are just the latest.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72577 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, if they find out that Keenum is or isn't the QB of the future and they stay healthy for the rest of the yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #14
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

spoiler really. jose lima pleace. idgaf about playing spoiler. hope case gets a chance to sling it the rest of the season. hope we lose all of the rest of the games by 1 point. hope tate gets his trade value up.

hope this shiwtreck of a season gets us clowney in the draft.

hope we come back strong in 2014.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this is a type of team that gives up wade all ready said we signed up for 16 games so we going to play 16 games

besides Football is highly competive game I hate losing and wanna WIN all the time
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #16
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
spoiler really. jose lima pleace. idgaf about playing spoiler. hope case gets a chance to sling it the rest of the season. hope we lose all of the rest of the games by 1 point. hope tate gets his trade value up.

hope this shiwtreck of a season gets us clowney in the draft.

hope we come back strong in 2014.
Just one point I wanted to make- Tate can do whatever but we can't trade him or get anything for him since he's going to be a UFA after this season. Agree with the rest though, maybe not on the Clowney part but the rest is good.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #17
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
Good lord man. Move to Jacksonville already.
Old 11-06-2013   #18
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post

I was thinking in a devious frame-of-mind, ways in which I can still find some form of satisfaction during the upcoming NFL holiday season. Since our team is pretty much out of any hopes for a post-season showing, and knowing that the games during Thanksgiving and Christmas are fairly meaningless; we still have something we can cheer about. Although I have lots of admiration for the Colts tenacity and "luck", and I absolutely despise the Tacks, just because they deserve despicability....we can play the Spoiler.

Depending on how the rest of our divisional two-team race develops (Tennessee and Indianapolis), we could really put the hurt on their hopes just by making a win over us very difficult. Put the scare in them, hell...just beat 'em...in their own "house"!

We have another game with the Titans and Colts away, one game with Denver and another with New England here at home. We can have fun with this.

This should teach 'em since they'll be playing us lightly - with all the devastation we have experienced this season!
I'm positive that I don't agree with that definition of success....
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
We are only eight games in. Think of how many more times the fans will be able to say:

And that's another Texans... First. DOWN!
Old 11-06-2013   #20
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
It's two-fold...we win our remaining games and ruin others' chances of: Home field advantage, wild card spots, maybe division titles and so on. Indy put it on us last year when all we needed was one game to get the bye.

Winning our remaining games while playing the spoiler is not "success"?

YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read