Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2013   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak Collapses at the half

I wanted to make this thread just so we can post stuff when we know it. Also so the fans who were at the game and didn't know can check in.

All we know so far is he collapsed at the half, he was speaking, and went to the hospital. His family is with him, and he is conscious.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #2
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Collapses at the half

Reporting it was not a heart attack. That is good.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Just announced that it wasnt a heart attack. Good news.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #4
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a heart attack, no further info
Old 11-03-2013   #5
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thoughts to Kubiak and his family. Never want this to happen to anyone.

He was making a Case for him to stay as our Head Coach tonight with his play calling.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #6
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, no heart attack. The video looked like he was light headed like when you're napping on the coach and get up super fast and get light headed.....one may hunch down like he did to keep from passing out.

My point is that it was not an all out TKO type of thing that you think when you hear "collapse"

get well soon Kubes.
Old 11-03-2013   #7
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Wrong thread. Sorry.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2013   #8
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 2371 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sucks that it happened and you could tell it really affected the team. For better or worse, the ship sticks with its captain and I respect Kubiak for that. Thoughts out to his family and I hope for a speedy recovery from whatever happened.
chenjy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #9
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

My comments from the game thread below. Word coming out now that dehydration was a contributing factor....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I hope it is just stress, dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, low blood sugar------and NOT a heart attack or other cardiovascular issues........................get well coach Kubiak.

Concerning that Michelle Tafoya never saw his eyes open, but he was speaking.....
Old 11-03-2013   #10
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Kubiak gone but not like this (of course). I blame McNair. Kubiak has looked dead tired at the START of games lately. It's obvious he is in over his head. Any other owner would have fired him by now. Keeping him is torture...not mercy. Now it's affecting his health. Hopefully Kubiak is okay, but put him out of his misery already. We would treat an injured dog better than this. Do you see ANY coach on an NFL sideline looking as worn out as Kubes?
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #11
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65569 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Collinsworth was talking, earlier in the game, about how Kubiak didn't take the bye week off and worked non-stop during the off week. The guy is obviously feeling the pressure and trying to hold onto his job. The bye week is a time to rest and mentally check out. Coaches and players need that because the season is such a grind.

I think Kubiak may have just driven himself to a point where his body failed him. Hopefully he's okay and a reduction of stress and some rest will have him up and about in no time. I've been a big detractor of his for a long time, but I have always wanted him to succeed.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013   #12
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if his appendix ruptured.

That or Goodell poisoned him Justine he turned the lights out in the SB.
Old 11-04-2013   #13
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Sad. Really sad.

What concerns me too is how the Texans' org is so secretive with illnesses and revealing medical details. It concerns me because it could be worse than what is being reported and we won't find out for a few more days.

Here's to a fast and speedy full recovery.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Old 11-04-2013   #14
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Sad. Really sad.

What concerns me too is how the Texans' org is so secretive with illnesses and revealing medical details. It concerns me because it could be worse than what is being reported and we won't find out for a few more days.

The family has requested, and has a right to, privacy in this matter. What part of that concerns you?
Old 11-04-2013   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 86117 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Sad. Really sad.

I take the opposite stance. This is his health and there should be privacy. I'm sure the organization is sparing no expense to make sure he gets the best care possible. Football and the organization comes a distant second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #16
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

There'll be plenty of health information leaks in coming years and decades. I'm okay with health privacy while we can still get it.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
There'll be plenty of health information leaks in coming years and decades. I'm okay with health privacy while we can still get it.
Couldn't agree more with this.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #18
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
The family has requested, and has a right to, privacy in this matter. What part of that concerns you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I take the opposite stance. This is his health and there should be privacy. I'm sure the organization is sparing no expense to make sure he gets the best care possible. Football and the organization comes a distant second.
I never said we should know all his details. I said that this org so secretive with medical details that it could be a lot worse than we know. That is in my original post and I never said we need to know all the details now.
Old 11-04-2013   #19
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Stroke like symptoms and an anticoagulent means stroke.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013   #20
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

This sucks. Kubiak is a good man.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read