Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2013   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would You Want to See AJ Get Traded?

man im starting to think about it. i wish we keep him, but i think he deserves a chance with a contender.
would like to see him with brady.

possibly frees up money, maybe gets us a 3rd rder and AJ gets to make a deep playoff run the next 2 years.

i know its not gunna happen, but id like to see it. guy is a hf that deserves better than this.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would You Want to See AJ Get Traded?

No.
Old 10-22-2013   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
No.
even if it means he gets a ring?
Old 10-23-2013   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
even if it means he gets a ring?

Him getting traded from the Texans does not guarantee a ring. Look at Tony Gonzales.
Old 10-23-2013   #5
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, the comment " I don't care if he gets a ring unless its with the Texas" is uber selfish and I can't agree with it whatsoever.

I hope Dre gets his ring before retirement, with or without the Texans. He deserves it.
Old 10-23-2013   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Wow, the comment " I don't care if he gets a ring unless its with the Texas" is uber selfish and I can't agree with it whatsoever.

I hope Dre gets his ring before retirement, with or without the Texans. He deserves it.
If he gets a ring with another team, fine, but I won't give a crap about that. What I care about is the Texans. The Team. While I do admire individual players on The Team quite a bit, if they leave and go play for another team, they are now The Enemy.

Texans as a team first, loyalty to individual players second. Sorry, I can't go along with your "selfish" remark. It just seems silly to me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

Fans - short for fanatic - are supposed to be selfish about their team. Undying loyalty and allegiance will cause that in a person.

So go ahead and root for the individual player. The rest of us will continue to root for the team.
Old 10-22-2013   #8
Tonaaayyyy
Rookie

Rep Power: 130 Tonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respectedTonaaayyyy is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough one. I would like to see him contend too, but I'm sure he is really loyal to this city and has settled in for good. Doubt he would leave this franchise through the last years of his career. JMO
Tonaaayyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #9
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104942 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-22-2013   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

With Schaub gone next year, and probably Wade Smith too, and the Ninja either gone or taking a pay cut, we can get an upgrade on the D-line while still able to extend Watt's contract.

Draft a RT and a G; we can get AJ a ring.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #11
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
With Schaub gone next year, and probably Wade Smith too, and the Ninja either gone or taking a pay cut, we can get an upgrade on the D-line while still able to extend Watt's contract.

whos our qb?
Old 10-23-2013   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

When did the Texans become a charity? A 3rd rounder is absurd. I frankly don't care if AJ gets a SB ring unless it is with the Texans. And most importantly it would kill the Texans' cap with dead money.
Old 10-23-2013   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
whos our qb?
Keenum, obviously.

You get him on the cheap; use the savings to shore up other positions.

There are more exciting possibilities in the draft in 2015 and beyond.
The Freshman from Fla St. for example, Jameis Winston; he's the number one QB prospect in his class and he has done incredibly well.
Another possibility is in our own backyard, another QB from UH (hailed from Florida); he has the size that Keenum doesn't have.
Just to name a few.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
whos our qb?

Case Keenum. He's gonna make the magic happen!
Old 10-23-2013   #15
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Sh!t, only if Old Bob takes him to Zales..........
Old 10-23-2013   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely not.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #17
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh, no.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #18
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

While I'd hate to see him go I understand your point of view and he does deserve to play for a contender and not go through a rebuilding process this late in his career. It all depends on what we'd get for him in trade.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #19
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ has been fairly compensated playing for the Texans. They owe him nothing.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's keep AJ and trade Kubiak.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read