Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #1
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So how does everyone think Swearinger looked?

All the talk is about keenum but there was another rookie making his 1st start today too...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So how does everyone think Swearinger looked?

I thought he looked "ok". He wasn't a train wreck but he made some mistakes. That penalty really hurt and I'm starting to think he's always going to be that guy. If we wanted a safety who can't resist doing something stupid we could have had Pollard back.

I really want to believe he can be coached out of that kind of stuff but I'm not feeling real optimistic about it.

I think I want to see him keep playing though. Only way he'll get better is to get out there and get some experience and this is starting to look like that kind of year.
Old 10-20-2013   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats kinda how i felt too hervy...i didnt see him make much happen out there except when he was coming up for run support.....thought it was ironic that it was Keo who came up with the int though....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Thats kinda how i felt too hervy...i didnt see him make much happen out there except when he was coming up for run support.....thought it was ironic that it was Keo who came up with the int though....
I have been a Keo critic since the beginning. I'm still bitter that he was kept and it led to Shelley Smith's release last season. I have to say, though, I think he has been our most consistent safety this year- actually playing well (not just relatively well) in 3 or 4 games this season.
Old 10-20-2013   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

He reminds me of Bernard Pollard. That is sometimes a good thing and sometimes a bad thing. We'll see how it goes, but I think if they play him in the box and get a free safety, they could have a good tandem. That's not the style of safety the Texans want to play, though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read