Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2013   #1
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Cushing - will he play another play?

Two left knee surgeries in the last two years, and we just signed him to a fantastic large contract.. I am not sure he plays another play after looking at that and if he is will he still be able to chase down plays..

/joy

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing - will he play another play?

I think he may try to rehab it, but i dont see him ever coming back. Poor guy he could of had a HOF career.

Oh and F you J Charles.
Old 10-20-2013   #3
ghostlight
All Pro

Rep Power: 201 ghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respectedghostlight is a quality contributor and well respected

Charles makes me sick!!! Ruined a wonderful player and career.
Old 10-20-2013   #4
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's probably out for the season but I doubt his career is over.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #5
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

We don't know what the injury is at this point, doesn't have to be a tear. It looked pretty bad though but still we don't know.
Old 10-20-2013   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
We don't know what the injury is at this point, doesn't have to be a tear. It looked pretty bad though but still we don't know.
A few things:

1. As long as he has cartilage in the knee, the ACL can be repaired or rebuilt again and again... problem is that those injuries often include some cartilige loss.

2. I don't think this injury is an ACL... could be. It looked like a hyper-extension, which can be very painful but also can end up having minimal structural damage.

3. Or, with some hyper-extensions, it could the dreaded PCL tear (or triad), where almost everything gets ripped up.

... Hopefully, we will get good news that neither the Patella Tendon, PCL, or ACL were torn- possible (even given Cushing's reaction), though not likely
Old 10-20-2013   #7
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair called his injury Serious....

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2013   #8
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 6088 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

RT @TomPelissero: Cushing on crutches in locker room. Slowly leaving. Teammates hugging him
Old 10-20-2013   #9
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Their other running back cheap shotted JJ with a rib shot as well. This town is jinxed when it comes to football.

Didn't Demeco get hurt after his big contract?
Old 10-20-2013   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

The best case scenario is MCL, but it looked much worse than that.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #11
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

That block by Charles was nothing we wouldnt ask our players to do. It was bad luck, not dirty play.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #12
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
That block by Charles was nothing we wouldnt ask our players to do. It was bad luck, not dirty play.
True, but it makes me feel better to call Charles a piece of sh!t, so let me at least have that.
Old 10-20-2013   #13
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The man busted his ass to get ready after last season. I doubt he's finished. He may not be the same but I think he'll be back. Good luck 56.
Old 10-20-2013   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
BOTH of Charles' blocks were clean and things we do weekly. Sucks for Brian but it was legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #15
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 3178 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

So the extremely injury-prone Cushing is down again. From the way he looked when they helped him off the field, it looks llike he's out for the season this time. And to think we spent all that money extending his contract!

With Foster's hamstring issue as the starter, has there ever been anything more stupid than failing to suit up a 3rd running back for the game? Well, yes, the Tigers' manager pulling his starting pitcher was dumber. If allowed to pitch a complete game, Scherzer would have shut down the Red Sox the rest of the way. But you don't have to wonder how the world series will come out. The Cardinals don't lose when the chips are down.

I think the constant spread formation was a concession to what Keenum is used to. But he should have lined up as a man under center other than in the red zone. He could have run some play action rollouts and avoided the blitzers.

I think the fumble recovery at the end was actually a TD. Texans should have challenged it. If they give up a TD they have a chance to tie the game.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013   #16
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
So the extremely injury-prone Cushing is down again. From the way he looked when they helped him off the field, it looks llike he's out for the season this time. And to think we spent all that money extending his contract!
Hey assclown, let me dive at your kneecap when you plant it on the ground and when I destroy your ligaments I'll stand over you as you writhe in pain and call you injury prone.
Old 10-20-2013   #17
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 3178 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Hey assclown, let me dive at your kneecap when you plant it on the ground and when I destroy your ligaments I'll stand over you as you writhe in pain and call you injury prone.
Well you sorry namecaller, I was just stating the fact. Wasn't even talking to Cush.
Old 10-20-2013   #18
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Well you sorry namecaller, I was just stating the fact. Wasn't even talking to Cush.
Oh you weren't talking about Cush? "Well the injury prone Cushing goes down again" please tell me more about how you weren't talking about Cush.

Old 10-20-2013   #19
Seegara
Veteran

Quote:
Wasn't even talking to Cush.
Response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Oh you weren't talking about Cush? "Well the injury prone Cushing goes down again" please tell me more about how you weren't talking about Cush.
You can see for yourselves, folks. I'm sure most of you know the difference between the prepositions to and about.
Old 10-20-2013   #20
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=Seegara;2234511]So the extremely injury-prone Cushing is down again. From the way he looked when they helped him off the field, it looks llike he's out for the season this time. And to think we spent all that money extending his contract!
quote]

Have you seen the hits he has taken on that leg? Injury prone is not how I describe him. He will be back.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read