Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2013   #1
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre's thoughts on Keenum

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 10m
Andre Johnson said Keenum "has an aura about him". Said he is just so excited to be out there and is having fun. #Texans
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Andre's thoughts on Keenum

Dre = http://www.hark.com/clips/lhxqqbvppn...-he-was-orange
Old 10-16-2013   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Duane Brown also said something similar. Coincedence, I think not. I think the offense is rooting for him to take this job.. they aren't stupid and probably realize Schaub and Yates have reached their ceilings.

In Schaub's case, his ceiling has collasped on top of him and he's regressed even going back to last season.. with Yates, his ceiling was never that high to begin with.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #4
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I think anyone that saw him play were impressed with what he did in preseason.

I'll be surprised if they put Yates out there, moreso if they go to Schaub.
Old 10-16-2013   #5
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

to be honest I will be surprised if keenum starts next week

what won't surprise me is:

1- schaub still injured: TJ starts
2- schaub not injured: schaub starts
3- schaub not injured: TJ starts
4- schaub still limping: schaub starts
5- we lose
6- I don't enjoy watching the game

but if they surprise me on #6 I don't even care about all the other points
Old 10-16-2013   #6
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
to be honest I will be surprised if keenum starts next week

what won't surprise me is:

1- schaub still injured: TJ starts
2- schaub not injured: schaub starts
3- schaub not injured: TJ starts
4- schaub still limping: schaub starts
5- we lose
6- I don't enjoy watching the game

but if they surprise me on #6 I don't even care about all the other points
I think Case starts.

I think if Yates was undoubtedly going to be the starter they wouldn't even bother him sharing snaps with Case. The fact that Case is even a question at this point as a 3rd string QB means that Kubiak is giving it serious question.

I mean if Yates is truly the 2nd string QB then this is his job, no doubt about it...so why split the practice time? I think it's under more serious consideration and now other players getting behind Keenum and Yates previous play has only helped.
Old 10-16-2013   #7
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

That means you think Case Keenum will get the start. Sorry, I don't think the coaches have enough insight for that.

Schaub and Yates are similar in that both stare down the receiver they want to go to. They can't read a defense nor can they find a secondary target. Yates is better in that he can occasionally throw farther than 5 yards with accuracy.

I don't expect Keenum to be an instant superstar. But he is already better than either alternative, and the season is pretty well blown anyhow, so put him in and let him progress. But don't count on Kubes to realize that and admit it.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2013   #8
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Andre Johnson said Keenum "has an aura about him". Said he is just so excited to be out there and is having fun. #Texans
This is what Kubiak needs to hear. This just reaffirms my belief that Keenum would bring some excitement back to this season & fire up the other players.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
wow...high praise indeed. That's pretty awesome, especially coming from a high caliber and respected player like A.J.

While I don't want to read too much into it, this one quote right here really makes me want to see what Keenum is made of. And by the sound of it, A.J. might feel the same way.
Old 10-16-2013   #10
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

if kubiak hasn't already lost the team, he will on Sunday if he goes with Yates.

NO WAY you got two of your star players talking about a guy like this, just to rip away that excitment from them.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #11
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to worry that if we don't do something quickly to jump start this team, this could be AJ's last legitimate chance at a Superbowl run with the Texans. I can see the Texan's trading AJ to a true contender in the next couple of years to give him a shot at a SB with someone else. If it happens, that'll be a sad day in Houston.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #12
AggieTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 AggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedAggieTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre's comment is the reason I want to see Keenum start...he brings something to the table that the others don't, and it's not something you can teach. I would also love to see somebody with some mobility at the position!
AggieTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #13
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

So, everyone knows that Kubes is definitely going to start Yates on Sunday, right? To start Keenum would be deviating from the plan and Kubes does not deviate from the plan. I would be stunned if Yates isn't starting on Sunday.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #14
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
if kubiak hasn't already lost the team, he will on Sunday if he goes with Yates.

NO WAY you got two of your star players talking about a guy like this, just to rip away that excitment from them.
Seriously, he will be viewed as a gutless coward too afraid to get outside of his comfort zone and take on some risk in order to reap rewards. He should take a page from Jim Harbaugh's book. Heck, A. Smith was healthy when he made that move. In this case MS is playing like crap all season and is now hurt. He knows what TJ can and can't do enough to know that he is NOT a starting caliber QB and NOT your future.

Come on Kubes.

Start CK
Old 10-17-2013   #15
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you people think Andre Johnson or anyone else would say anything else?

They're not going to go around saying, "Eh, he sucks, but whatever man."
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #16
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you are reading too much into this. Teammates (at least the good ones) got each other's backs. You ask Dre about Schaub, he's going to say nothing but positives. Even last week, when Ed Reed was specifically asked about Shiloh, he said how he's the smartest guy in the backfield. Whenever he has a question, he asks Shiloh.

This isn't some secret message to Kubiak from Dre to start Case. A reporter asked Dre specifically about Case, and of course he's only going to say something positive. He can't say something like, "He ain't ready. I fear his arm is not strong enough." Teammates don't do that. In an interview, Duane was asked specifically about Derek Newton. He said he's probably the most athletic guy on the line, he later mentioned how Ryan Harris has the best hands on the line. These guys only say good stuff about their teammates.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Do you people think Andre Johnson or anyone else would say anything else?

They're not going to go around saying, "Eh, he sucks, but whatever man."
I don't think anyone thinks that, but he gave a little extra when talking about Case.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #18
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
If it was ME - and I realize Kubiak and I aren't the same person, I would -

Start TJ Yates this Sunday, unless he just plays so awful at practice that my hand is forced. My reasoning is, I'd rather put a player out there with some NFL experience under his belt out there in the middle of Arrowhead against an unbeaten team. To throw Keenum into the ring in that situation would be to almost want him to fail. That's a tough spot for a dude who's never started an NFL game.
Unfortunately, I agree. If I'm sending a backup to the slaughter, it's going to be TJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
We should run the ball 75 % of the time. Case Keenum is going to be fine. Hopefully our defense plays well and our special teams doesn't suck too bad. If the Texans get an early lead we can play our game and not worry about the crowd noise or their pass rush.
23rd rushing Defense, it might stand a chance. It's easier to defend the run when you don't have to fear the pass though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Here are TJ's first start numbers vs. Atlanta in 2011: Texans won 17-10

12-25, 48%, 188 yards, 7.5 average, 1 TD, 3 sacks for 13 yds., 2 rushes for 10 yards.

Nothing special, but I remember when he was brought in during the Jacksonville game I was thinking, 3rd string QB in, season is over. Well his numbers were not great, but he got us into the playoffs.
True, I was happily surprised. Unfortunately, this one is on the road at Arrowhead, not the cozy confines of Reliant. Kubiak is 2-0 vs. the Chiefs, Andy Reid is 3-0 vs. the Texans. Something has to give.
Old 10-16-2013   #19
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If anyone watched the preseason you would have seen this yourself. There was a marked difference in the energy and intensity level when Case was in.
Old 10-16-2013   #20
ST675
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
If anyone watched the preseason you would have seen this yourself. There was a marked difference in the energy and intensity level when Case was in.
yup, I was more on the edge of my seat just to see him play.

IMO good or bad, Let him play the entire game. Let fans see what he can do good or bad. You have a bye week coming up, that gives the team time to rest up and get better, plus gives the fans and talking heads two weeks to digest the quality of all 3 QB's. This gives more of a look to what we have for the near future..
ST675 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read