Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2013   #1
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What does Keenum have to do to convince you he's the guy going forward?

simple question... b/c at this point its a matter of "if" but "when".

Is it something as simple as just not turning the ball over or making plays?

Or is it specific like a certain stat line or a stat line in conjunction with a few other things?

I kind have mixed feelings about this. I think i'd need to see a combination of great stats and...how kubiak handles him....how he plays when the bright lights are on etc...

Last edited by Mr teX; 10-16-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #2
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What does Keenum have to do to convince you he's the guy going forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
simple question... b/c at this point its a matter of "when" not "if".

Is it something as simple as just not turning the ball over or making plays?

Or is it specific like a certain stat line or a stat line in conjunction with a few other things?

I kind have mixed feelings about this. I think i'd need to see a combination of great stats and...how kubiak handles him....how he plays when the bright lights are on etc...
All Keenum has to do is the exact opposite of what Schaub is doing now and I would be satisfied and the Texans would be winning...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What does Keenum have to do to convince you he's the guy going forward?

Apparently....nothing
Old 10-16-2013   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Make a few threads about being given a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Just maximize and seize his opportunity when it comes. And I don't care about pretty stats (just wins), just don't make the "shoots self in foot" plays the other two have made. Also I would actually like to see some on the field vocal leadership which has never been a strong quality of Schaub or Yates. Basically I'd just like to see he can run this offense and display some moxie/energy while doing so.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Just maximize and seize his opportunity when it comes. And I don't care about pretty stats (just wins), just don't make the "shoots self in foot" plays the other two have made. Also I would actually like to see some on the field vocal leadership which has never been a strong quality of Schaub or Yates. Basically I'd just like to see he can run this offense and display some moxie/energy while doing so.
but what if he does all that, but we still don't win?.....not blowout losses like we've seen lately, but close losses.

Would you still feel like we should continue to develop this kid & he be brought in as the incumbent next year or bring in a 1st rounder to compete with him?
Old 10-16-2013   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why the NFL is sleeping on Keenum. The U of H program didn't win any games against big teams under Kolb. Keenum was the QB that brought wins against big schools to U of H. From what I've seen, the kat makes quick decisions, and gets the ball out. When the defense breaks past the o-line, which happened dang near every pass play when Keenum was in college, he had enough quickness, pocket awareness ,and speed to make a positive play. U of H couldn't stop anybody worth a damn, but under Keenum, they put up points on EVERYBODY.

Schaub and Yates can't do that.
Old 10-16-2013   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
All Keenum has to do is the exact opposite of what Schaub is doing now and I would be satisfied and the Texans would be winning...
Blown out in 3 of the last 4 games....you think starting case is gonna fix all those problems that contributed to that?
Old 10-16-2013   #9
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Blown out in 3 of the last 4 games....you think starting case is gonna fix all those problems that contributed to that?
If he is sustaining drives and not going 3 and out every possession, keeping the other offense on the sideline, sure it would help. I watched Rivers do it to the Colts just the other night.

If Keenum can keep drives going, either with his arm or legs, then I think the Texans will start playing a hell of allot better on defense.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
If he is sustaining drives and not going 3 and out every possession, keeping the other offense on the sideline, sure it would help. I watched Rivers do it to the Colts just the other night.

If Keenum can keep drives going, either with his arm or legs, then I think the Texans will start playing a hell of allot better on defense.
With the gimp that is Matt Schaub, we lead the league in T.o.P.

We're third in 1st downs per game behind Denver & San Diego.

How much better do you expect it to get with Keenum?
Old 10-17-2013   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed, Case doesn't play ST's

Coach Joe must go.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144827 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

For me , all he has to do is play mistake free .... No turnovers and no penalties (delay of game & the like attributed to QB's). Make good decisions with the ball , not throwing into dangerous situations , not taking unnecessary sacks .....

If the team plays mistake free .... they'll have a shot to win this game as KC is vulnerable to the run , staying on schedule is going to be important - limiting 2nd/3rd & long situations.

His teammates ..... cant fumble.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013   #13
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I didn't like the qb talent on this roster 3 yrs ago so I'm dang sure not crazy about it now. I thought they should've drafted foles or wilson last yr and geno this yr. When you look in the room and u see a 3rd,5th,and undrafted guy at the most important position,that's a problem to me. To me with case,its a matter of him being the hold the fort guy or just the backup. No way you don't draft a qb in the 1st or 2nd rd based on keenum or any other qb on this roster
Old 10-18-2013   #14
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 1365 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes. A strong leader that's not effing up every other play provides momentum. Momentum leads to wins. Wins lead to faith and confidence. That's all it takes. See Broncos before and after Manning.

:cow::texflag::koolaid::splits::trophy::texan:
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #15
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 440 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
Yes. A strong leader that's not effing up every other play provides momentum. Momentum leads to wins. Wins lead to faith and confidence. That's all it takes. See Broncos before and after Manning.
Absolutely agree. Having a great QB can mask a lot of your teams weaknesses and carry you over through the hump. With schaub at wheel, every single aspect of your team has to be clicking in order to pick the slack.

Its not suppose to be that way. QB is the one that's suppose to carry the burden. Just look at what Tom Brady is doing in New England. Look at what happened when Peyton left the colts. They barely won a game.

QB position is that important yet its the most neglected position in the history of the texans.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013   #16
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
Absolutely agree. Having a great QB can mask a lot of your teams weaknesses and carry you over through the hump. With schaub at wheel, every single aspect of your team has to be clicking in order to pick the slack.

Its not suppose to be that way. QB is the one that's suppose to carry the burden. Just look at what Tom Brady is doing in New England. Look at what happened when Peyton left the colts. They barely won a game.

QB position is that important yet its the most neglected position in the history of the texans.

Yeah there are so many manning's and Brady's it's shocking the texans have been ignoring picking them up
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #17
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't convince anyone of anything in one game no matter who you are.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
You can't convince anyone of anything in one game no matter who you are.
Shouldn't but some people are on both sides are convinced already.
Old 10-16-2013   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

To prove that he's the guy going forward? Like next franchise QB guy, or stopgap guy? If we are talking the former then we are looking for a player that makes you go "wow" with his plays. Not just manages the games but makes plays. Down the field. Cool under pressure, accurate as hell, has escapability, and is smart with where he goes with the football.

For stopgap the criteria is much much easier. Just don't **** things up too badly.
Old 10-16-2013   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
To prove that he's the guy going forward? Like next franchise QB guy, or stopgap guy? If we are talking the former then we are looking for a player that makes you go "wow" with his plays. Not just manages the games but makes plays. Down the field. Cool under pressure, accurate as hell, has escapability, and is smart with where he goes with the football.

For stopgap the criteria is much much easier. Just don't **** things up too badly.
we could find a stop gap guy in FA..they're all over the place. People seem to think he can be a franchise guy here...especially running Kubiak's qb friendly system. So i guess i meant more in that aspect.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read