Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2013   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We Are In Purgatory

season is pretty much done and we have nothing to look forward to.
we dont have a young team that we can enjoy watching grow.
we dont have a qb we can see progress with every win or loss
were not a team on the rise, but were not a team that can win it.
our coach is not getting fired until the end of the season, and HE WILL try to win as many games as possible to save his job. he can probably get us to 8-8 which means we wont get a game changing qb in the draft.

we are in the worst position in the nfl right now. worse than jacksonville because they at least have the 1st pick.

oh, and were already in cap trouble, imagine how much its gunna hurt to pay watt and kj.

how the f did we get here?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We Are In Purgatory

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
our coach is not getting fired until the end of the season, and HE WILL try to win as many games as possible to save his job. he can probably get us to 8-8 which means we wont get a game changing qb in the draft.

we are in the worst position in the nfl right now. worse than jacksonville because they at least have the 1st pick.

oh, and were already in cap trouble, imagine how much its gunna hurt to pay watt and kj.

Other than say AJ, Daniels and Schaub, who is old??
Old 10-14-2013   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Other than say AJ, Daniels and Schaub, who is old??
not old, but in their prime years that will be wasted on nothing
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You live in Houston.

I'm not sure why, but the sports gods don't look favorably on Houston.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You live in Houston.

"Thats on you", Thorn!
Old 10-14-2013   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

What did I do? Other than follow the Oilers and Texans all my miserable life. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #7
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

We were in purgatory after the Seattle game. I think we've moved on to hell. Because if listening to Gary Kubiak's post-game presser blather isn't some sort of sick, horrible punishment, I don't know what is.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2013   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

We have come full circle. Colts back at #1 prob for next 10 yrs, and the titans are now the benchmark for #2 team in division.

What a ****ed up world we live in.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
We were in purgatory after the Seattle game. I think we've moved on to hell. Because if listening to Gary Kubiak's post-game presser blather isn't some sort of sick, horrible punishment, I don't know what is.
Speaking of blather, After each and every loss Gary takes the blame, players take the blame, Gary takes the blame. players take the blame. But really has anything changed?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #10
Home team fan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Home team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respectedHome team fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What did I do? Other than follow the Oilers and Texans all my miserable life. LOL
I'll add the Aggies to that list. For me anyways.
Home team fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #11
Sigma
Veteran

Rep Power: 13130 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You live in Houston.

If I was God I would let houston win all the time just so I won't have to hear all those sad "Houston we have a problem" quotes/references.
Old 10-14-2013   #12
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 4293 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Gary Kubiak and The Mediocrity Treadmill everyone!!

Some folks didn't appreciate my Rockets mediocrity treadmill analogy, but we're mired in mediocrity all the same. Major changes are required.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #13
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Season is not done, not close to it. They still control their destiny with a ton of AFC games ahead of them and 5 more division games ahead of them as well.

The record looks bad, the team looks bad, but the season is not done.
Old 10-16-2013   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

If this is purgatory where are all the unbaptized babies and why is Bill here?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013   #15
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 29599 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
because if they win nothing will change and they won't go, it'll just be the same status quo. I don't want my team to lose, but if that's what it takes to get rid of these two, so be it.
So let me see if I have this correct. You want the team to win, just not with this HC & QB? Cuz if they do somehow win, you and others will look bad for saying they could not win? Admit it... even if the team won every remaining game you would still be miserable, and complain because Kubiak is the coach and Schaub is the QB, right?

The Chiefs are 6-0, and do you think they care how they got there? They will win a bunch of games, then face a real team and lose when it matters. I would rather get all of this losing out of the way now and peak at the right time. The Texans are not out of the division race, or the playoff race yet. Stop being so melodramatic.

"Keenum has an aura about him". -Andre Johnson
"She did a Mean Macarena to the Funky Cold Medina" -S. Hagar
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read