Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2013   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25709 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Believers... check in!

That's right... I'm still a believer! I'm tired of all the negative posts around here. Call me an optimist, a sunshine pumper, naive, stupid, idiotic... I don't care! I still believe we can win it all, regardless of who our QB is.

I see an offense that can move against the league's best defenses, a defense that can dominate, and a special teams that can... (ok, I won't get carried away with the optimism). We are losing because of mental mistakes, not because the other team is better or more talented. Mistakes can be fixed!

The 2010 Packers started off 3-3, the 2011 Giants started off 6-6, and we all know how their season's ended.

So chime in if you still believe! I can't be the only one.

(This may be the shortest thread in TT history!)
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Believers... check in!

Thanks for the thread, Gary....get back to game planning for the Rams.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I believe I will win the lottery. So yes, I am optimistic. Free bump.
Old 10-08-2013   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah! Go Rockets!!!!
Old 10-08-2013   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I believe we'll win the AFC South.

I believe we'll be in the AFC Championship game.

I believe Matt will throw a pick 6 on the first passing play of the game & the Texans will not be able to recover.
Old 10-08-2013   #7
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9542 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe in Schaub. If he can shred the Seattle #1 defense to take the texans to 20-3 at halftime, then He can do anything. He is just going through a rough patch. I hope we win the superbowl and make all the haters look dumb.
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2013   #8
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by honored82 View Post
I believe in Schaub. If he can shred the Seattle #1 defense to take the texans to 20-3 at halftime, then He can do anything. He is just going through a rough patch. I hope we win the superbowl and make all the haters look dumb.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I believe we'll win the AFC South.

I believe we'll be in the AFC Championship game.

I believe Matt will throw a pick 6 on the first passing play of the game & the Texans will not be able to recover.
I believe you are going to owe me some $$$$.

I also believe 8 yrs are enough. Of course I wouldn't be in this situation because I would've fired Gary after 2010.

So start up with the stats and same old tired excuses. But this team is what it is and that's far from the SB contender that they were claiming themselves to be. In short the 2013 Houston Texans are a fraud. There I said it.

Let me give you a stat you can chew on since your a stat guy.

The Houston Texans are 4-7 in the last 11 games they've played. This yr they look like a team that is resting on its past laurels to me.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
So start up with the stats and same old tired excuses. But this team is what it is and that's far from the SB contender that they were claiming themselves to be. In short the 2013 Houston Texans are a fraud. There I said it.

Let me give you a stat you can chew on since your a stat guy.

The Houston Texans are 4-7 in the last 11 games they've played. This yr they look like a team that is resting on its past laurels to me.
I prefer to look at it as 10-6, 12-4, & 2-3. When we were losing we weren't allowed to take the last 4 games of the previous season & add it to the first 4 games of the new season.

No need to start changing rules again. Only thing that matters now, are the next 11, not the last unless you like to wallow in misery.
Old 10-09-2013   #11
RunningTheSouth
Rookie

Believe when Kubiak & Schaub are gone!
RunningTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251670 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
That's right... I'm still a believer! I'm tired of all the negative posts around here. Call me an optimist, a sunshine pumper, naive, stupid, idiotic... I don't care! I still believe we can win it all, regardless of who our QB is.

I see an offense that can move against the league's best defenses, a defense that can dominate, and a special teams that can... (ok, I won't get carried away with the optimism). We are losing because of mental mistakes, not because the other team is better or more talented. Mistakes can be fixed!

The 2010 Packers started off 3-3, the 2011 Giants started off 6-6, and we all know how their season's ended.

So chime in if you still believe! I can't be the only one.

(This may be the shortest thread in TT history!)
Old 10-09-2013   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

LMAO @ Hervy......

as for the thread....I believe...........but at this point my belief in this season is on life support & i'm in talks with the Dr. about my chances.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh... I'm a believer.

Not just this season, but every season with the Texans but including going back to the Oilers.

I look at it this way......

2 of the 3 Texans losses were out of conference (which has nothing to do with tie-breakers). The only conference loss was out of division (and yes, it is a conference loss).

Right the ship!! That's it!!!!

And for the love of all that is Holy, this Sunday don't boo when Schaub throws the ball away for an incompletion. Boo when he makes a bone-headed play.

BTW for some of you people: Throwing the ball away is not necessarily a bone-headed play. Sometimes, that's a smart play.
Old 10-09-2013   #16
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

BTW for some of you people: Throwing the ball away is not necessarily a bone-headed play. Sometimes, that's a smart play.

Well he does have to throw the ball at or near the line of scrimmage which at times gets interesting with Mr. Schaub I love it when a smart QB throws the ball away, just get it there at least, and with some zip right outta bounds, not a sleepy feather just floating in the wind inside the field of play.
Old 10-09-2013   #17
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 71928 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Meh... I'm a believer.

Not just this season, but every season with the Texans but including going back to the Oilers.

I look at it this way......

2 of the 3 Texans losses were out of conference (which has nothing to do with tie-breakers). The only conference loss was out of division (and yes, it is a conference loss).

Right the ship!! That's it!!!!

And for the love of all that is Holy, this Sunday don't boo when Schaub throws the ball away for an incompletion. Boo when he makes a bone-headed play.

Unfortunately that rules out any 5 step drops. Because after 4 steps Noodles can no longer throw past the line of scrimmage.
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #18
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

I boo everytime he throws it for 3 yards on 3rd and 7..

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Khari Khari,

You had to pull out the monkeys didn't you.........
And what's wrong with MONKEYS???

As far as the thread goes, I'm a fan win or lose. My level of 'belief' has nothing to do with outcome.

So I have to ask: What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Old 10-10-2013   #20
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

i believe in Kubiak being fired after this season
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read