Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-07-2013   #1
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2014 Draft Eligible QB's

This is a list of QB's that could be in the next draft. Obvious note, not all will enter the draft. All heights and weights are taken from various scouting websites and probably not 100% accurate. Rankings are from research and my own personal opinion. Without further ado....

1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville - Top 5
- Junior
- 6'3, 205

2. Marcus Mariota, Oregon - Top 10
- RS Sophomore
- 6'4, 215

3. Brett Hundley, UCLA - Top 10
- RS Sophomore
- 6'3, 225

4. Tajh Boyd, Clemson - Top 15
- RS Senior
- 6'1, 225

5. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M - Top 25
- RS Sophomore
- 6'0, 200

6. Aaron Murray, Georgia - 2nd Round
- RS Senior
- 6'1, 210

7. Zach Mettenberger, LSU - 2nd Round
- RS Senior
- 6'5, 235

8. Kevin Hogan, Stanford - 2nd Round
- RS Sophomore
- 6'4, 220

9. Stephen Morris, Miami (FL.) - 3rd Round
- Senior
- 6'2, 220

10. A.J. McCarron, Alabama - 3rd Round
- RS Senior
- 6'3, 215

11. Derek Carr, Fresno State - 3rd Round
- RS Senior
- 6'3, 215

12. David Fales, San Jose State - 3rd Round
- Senior
- 6'2, 220

13. Sean Mannion, Oregon State - 4th Round
- RS Junior
- 6'5, 220

14. Jeff Mathews, Cornell - 4th Round
- Senior
- 6'3, 225

15. Bryn Renner, North Carolina - 4th Round
- RS Senior
- 6'2, 225

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #2
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: 2014 Draft Eligible QB's

Quote:
7. Zach Mettenberger, LSU - 2nd Round
Is skyrocketing up the boards.

Quote:
11. Derek Carr, Fresno State - 3rd Round
Old 10-07-2013   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Assume for a second that we tank this season and McNair actually fires Kubiak.

Based on Schaub's contract, would that new coach feel it more prudent to stick with our current group of quarterbacks, or do you think that he would look at moving on completely?
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #4
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Assume for a second that we tank this season and McNair actually fires Kubiak.

Based on Schaub's contract, would that new coach feel it more prudent to stick with our current group of quarterbacks, or do you think that he would look at moving on completely?
Tough to say. A new coach might decide to roll with Schaub for a year to find things out for himself. Or he might already know enough and decide to move on.

The end result is the same. We need to move away from Schaub and plenty of us have known that for a while now. Next year's draft is the perfect opportunity because it is deep with potential starters.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 10-07-2013   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Mariota is going to be as accurate as most NFL coaching staffs would like, he's probably going to drop. There are a lot of dudes that look like 1st or 2nd round talents.
Old 10-07-2013   #6
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't think Mariota is going to be as accurate as most NFL coaching staffs would like, he's probably going to drop. There are a lot of dudes that look like 1st or 2nd round talents.
I'm actually not a big Mariota fan. The Oregon offense sets everything up for the QB and all he has to do is not mess it up. Like Manziel, he won't be able to run like he does to escape pressure and mistakes. He's going to have to live off his arm, not his legs.

However, most scouts see him as the top guy behind Bridgewater so that's why I ranked him #2. In my personal opinion, Boyd is #2 and Hundley #3.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 10-07-2013   #7
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=WolverineFan;2224497]This is a list of QB's that could be in the next draft. Obvious note, not all will enter the draft. All heights and weights are taken from various scouting websites and probably not 100% accurate. Rankings are from research and my own personal opinion. Without further ado....

YES NOT LIKELY1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville - Top 5
- Junior
- 6'3, 205

YES2. Marcus Mariota, Oregon - Top 10
- RS Sophomore
- 6'4, 215

YES YES YES NOT LIKELY3. Brett Hundley, UCLA - Top 10
- RS Sophomore
- 6'3, 225

YES MIGHT DROP TO US4. Tajh Boyd, Clemson - Top 15
- RS Senior
- 6'1, 225

NOT SOLD, BUT ID LIKE TO GIVE IT A CHANCE5. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M - Top 25
- RS Sophomore
- 6'0, 200

EH, 2ND RD ID TAKE IT6. Aaron Murray, Georgia - 2nd Round
- RS Senior
- 6'1, 210

NO 7. Zach Mettenberger, LSU - 2nd Round
- RS Senior
- 6'5, 235

YES, WOULD TAKE IN LATE 1ST8. Kevin Hogan, Stanford - 2nd Round
- RS Sophomore
- 6'4, 220

NOT AT ALL9. Stephen Morris, Miami (FL.) - 3rd Round
- Senior
- 6'2, 220

NOT AT ALL10. A.J. McCarron, Alabama - 3rd Round
- RS Senior
- 6'3, 215

WOULD TAKE IN 2ND11. Derek Carr, Fresno State - 3rd Round
- RS Senior
- 6'3, 215
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2013   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully Rick/Gary/Matt are gone and the Texans hire Oliver Luck/Shaw.

Then draft Hogan. If the Texans are drafting in the 15-18 range I would,

A. trade up for Hogan
B. Draft Van Noy at 15 and trade into the bottom of the 1st and pick one of, Mettenberger/Manziel/McCarron/Murray.

I like option B. better.

I love Bridgewater/Hundley and dont like Boyd at all. If the Texans want a better version of Boyd, they can sit still at 15-18 and pick Manziel.

BTW, Trading for Bray intrigues me, I would offer a 3rd for him. Of course all of the draftniks know how I feel about Bray. I'm glad he went to K.C. and will get a chance to learn under Reid. He will become a better version of Foles.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

please
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post

please

This guy has a chance to be the best QB in this draft. Mora speaks highly of him. Due to Hundley running a rpo offense Hundley will be better than Bridgewater.IMHO

I still like Hogan better than Bridgewater or Hundley. But didn't rank Hogan because he most likely will stay in school.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #11
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly think it depends on who our coach is next year. For this offense my personal favorites are Boyd and McCarron. McCarron has a very underrated arm and makes every throw. He doesn't get enough credit in my opinion. Murray is slowly warming up to me too. Bridgewater and Hundley will be long gone by the time the Texans draft. If we could address the defense or O-Line in RD 1 and grab McCarron in the 2nd I'd be pretty pumped.

I'm disappointed in Fales play thus far this year. I had high hopes for him coming into the season. Don't even get me started on Logan Thomas. All the tools in the world, but erratic as hell.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #12
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Hopefully Rick/Gary/Matt are gone and the Texans hire Oliver Luck/Shaw.

Then draft Hogan. If the Texans are drafting in the 15-18 range I would,

A. trade up for Hogan
B. Draft Van Noy at 15 and trade into the bottom of the 1st and pick one of, Mettenberger/Manziel/McCarron/Murray.

I like option B. better.

I love Bridgewater/Hundley and dont like Boyd at all. If the Texans want a better version of Boyd, they can sit still at 15-18 and pick Manziel.

BTW, Trading for Bray intrigues me, I would offer a 3rd for him. Of course all of the draftniks know how I feel about Bray. I'm glad he went to K.C. and will get a chance to learn under Reid. He will become a better version of Foles.
personally i like Rick, i think from the Draft and FA his supplied this team in enough ammo to win the Super Bowl, its just our QB has fallen off a cliff this season. i would be very surprised and disappointed if Rick Smith goes, i think his one of the better GM's in the game.

Also there is quite the difference between boyd and manziel
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

"Tajh Boyd and De'Andre "Nuk" Hopkins connected on seven passes for 173 yards and two touchdowns. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read