Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you think Ben Tate's YPC would remain high if he got more carries?
Yes 11 20.37%
No 27 50.00%
I don't care, give him the ball. 16 29.63%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Ben Tate poll

Do you think Ben Tate's YPC would remain high if he got more carries?

Even in the last game, Arian broke off some good runs, but when we got into the third & 4th qtr, the Seahawks were shortening a lot of those runs. There's a lot more traffic around the LoS, more penetration given up by the OL.

Personally I'd like to see Tate get the bulk of the carries anyway because I'd like to preserve Arian a little bit & if we're going to be losing Tate anyway, might as well load him up with the extra wear, tear, & mileage.

But that's me.
Old 10-04-2013   #2
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Ben Tate poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Do you think Ben Tate's YPC would remain high if he got more carries?

Even in the last game, Arian broke off some good runs, but when we got into the third & 4th qtr, the Seahawks were shortening a lot of those runs. There's a lot more traffic around the LoS, more penetration given up by the OL.

Personally I'd like to see Tate get the bulk of the carries anyway because I'd like to preserve Arian a little bit & if we're going to be losing Tate anyway, might as well load him up with the extra wear, tear, & mileage.

But that's me.
IMO all you will see with more carries is either injury, more fumbles, or both. I say trade Tate this season and get something for him while his value is high.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Tate is leading the nfl in yards after contact per carry.

I think Tate is a better runner than Arian at this point in their careers. I think Arian is better in pass pro and catches the ball better.

But I think Tate is a better runner when he's not fumbling.

I would give him more carries because I think it would help our running game be more productive.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #4
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Tate is leading the nfl in yards after contact per carry.

I think Tate is a better runner than Arian at this point in their careers. I think Arian is better in pass pro and catches the ball better.

But I think Tate is a better runner when he's not fumbling.

I would give him more carries because I think it would help our running game be more productive.
Tate definitely has "less mileage".
I sure wish there was a way we could keep them both.

And I'd really like to see what Cierre Wood has to offer against 1st string defenses.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

no i dont think so, he is always so fresh when he comes in. IMO tate is a good RB but will never be the kind of guy like foster who can carry a team on his back.
Old 10-04-2013   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
no i dont think so, he is always so fresh when he comes in. IMO tate is a good RB but will never be the kind of guy like foster who can carry a team on his back.
If Foster didn't work out, I believe Tate would be an even bigger star than Arian. He's going to go to another team, & he & Arian will continue their "friendly" competition.
Old 10-05-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes is under the gun again and I think he will keep Tate as is (which is successful) rest of season to get wins. I prefer a trade.
Old 10-05-2013   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Kubes is under the gun again and I think he will keep Tate as is (which is successful) rest of season to get wins. I prefer a trade.
If the goal is a super bowl this season .... does trading Tate help you reach that goal?? I don't think so.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

More volume means a drop in YPC.
Old 10-04-2013   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course his YPC would drop, but I'd like to see a better split between Foster and Tate.

I wouldn't even mind seeing their roles reversed to see how Tate does with enough carries to get in a groove.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on how often he breaks off a 60 yarder to pad his YPC. Those big runs really skew that stat.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Depends on how often he breaks off a 60 yarder to pad his YPC. Those big runs really skew that stat.
Except we like it when our guys rip off those big runs.
Old 10-04-2013   #13
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

wish we could see it. but he probably wont get out of kubes doghouse until week 14.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck no, do the math. Ain't gonna happen. Ben needs to keep on doing what he's doing for his next team.

He should retire comfortably.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #15
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it will remain high, but not as high as it is right now. He's a pretty steady 5 YPC kind of back.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer

Last edited by Goatcheese; 10-04-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read