Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-30-2013   #1
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ok here it comes..Do the Texans look at aquiring Freeman? (Signed with Vikings)

before yall start with the flaming, take consideration what is going on in Tampa and what is going on here....

Freeman is on his way out, should come very cheap. He is 6'6", 240lbs, 25 years old, strong arm and is allot mobile than Schaub.

Aside all of BS, could he fit in Kubiak's system? Would it be worth a shot? With Watt and Cushing and AJ, would Freeman's attitude be a factor or could the locker room change all that?

If you are the Texans GM right now, do you think about it...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #2
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok here it comes....Do the Texans look at aquiring Josh Freeman?

Do I think about it? Yes. Right now I have very little confidence in Schaub and I'm not sure either Yates or Keenum is the answer. I don't know if Freeman fits into Kubiak's system but I think it could be worth a shot.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77470 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

For this season?

Or next?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #4
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
For this season?

Or next?
Well get him via trade now, let him sit and learn and maybe get him in within next few weeks. How long was Jake Delhomme here before he had to start?

Not sure what Tampa would want for him, I know Freeman is looking for an extension at the end of the year.

That is the hard part, now or next year....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do anything.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #6
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I'm not sure either Yates or Keenum is the answer
Now I'm not saying that one of them is the answer either. However, I would like to find out if one of them can be before we just bring in someone else's garbage. Unfortunately the stubbornness of this coaching staff will let Schaub flail about until week 12 or longer.

So we better all suck it up and hope our favorite Santa Schaub with his gift passes gets it together.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #7
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Do I think about it? Yes. Right now I have very little confidence in Schaub and I'm not sure either Yates or Keenum is the answer. I don't know if Freeman fits into Kubiak's system but I think it could be worth a shot.
This one statement is where all of our team issues stem from. I don't know if Freeman would be the answer, but I think us bypassing upgrades because they don't fit this system hurts us. This system isn't good enough to win the games that matter. This system didn't win 2 Super Bowls in Denver. That was John Elway and Terrell Davis. You get HoF players and you should be able to win a SB or 2. If it weren't for Dan Reeves being the coach in the 80s the Broncos would have won a couple of more.

The team didn't look at acquiring Peyton Manning an offseason ago because Kubiak had "his" guy and Peyton wouldn't fit this system. I was hesitant in wanting Manning because I was worried if he'd come back from the surgeries. Hindsight being what it is I think we can say he's doing alright.

Scrap the coach. Scrap the system. Get players based on their abilities and adjust your game. Lute Olson was a success in UA coaching the men's basketball program for 24 years because he got great players and adapted his schemes to match his players.

We have one of the best WRs to play in the NFL in the last few decades. He has pitiful TD #s because our system doesn't call for the ball to be thrown to the WR in the endzone. In the loss at Arizona 4 years ago he wasn't even on the field during the final sequence that decided the outcome because Kubiak needed a 3rd string TE on the field.

I don't know if they should acquire Freeman. I don't know if it would matter. I don't believe all the issues are on Schaub and I don't know if any QB could come in and make a difference with Kubiak as a coach.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2013   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure Jeff George would like to make a come back.....
Old 09-30-2013   #9
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Don't forget about David Carr. Look what's happened to the Giants since they cut him. He must be the missing ingedient for them.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't think I would seriouisly consider Josh Freeman an upgrade. However, I would not hesitate to ask Schaub to go pick him up at the airport... show him around... show him the film room... show him where the starting QBs locker is.

"I'm not saying anything Matt, I'm just saying."
Old 09-30-2013   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Don't forget about David Carr. Look what's happened to the Giants since they cut him. He must be the missing ingedient for them.
Old 10-02-2013   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
What??? Bernie Kosar doesn't want any of this?
Old 10-02-2013   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What??? Bernie Kosar doesn't want any of this?
Bernie was drunk when we called him. He kept muttering something about his oline being at fault
Old 10-02-2013   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya bro Josh Freeman is such a better option than Matt Schaub bro.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #15
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 59318 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
We've already got 2 other QBs that know the system better. If it were up to me Schaub sits for the 49ers game. Let TJ show us what he can do, would be a great game to do just that. If he brings home the W (which is a long shot at this point no matter who is QB) let him start against the Rams also!
So Seattle dismantled the 9ers, and the Texans were carving up the Hawks, but you think beating the 9ers is a long shot? You people are really tripping. Is there a reason that TJ Yates was drafted where he was, and that Keenum went undrafted? Foster is the exception, not the rule. Schaub has the team around him, and the skills to beat the 9ers IMO.

The Texans are 2-2 and all of you act as if the team is 0-4 and the season is lost. Get a grip on your emotions people. Did you read the Ravens board last season all year? Sounded pretty much the same as here today. Just goes to show that fans have no idea what they are talking about and let their emotions control their opinions. I am sure the Texans have a better team outlook than most of you and still support Schaub. I am all for starting out slow and peaking at the right time to finish strong. We have tried the fast start thing several times, and where has it gotten us?

This season is far from lost and like it or not, Schaub is not the one to blame for either loss. He had his part sure, but he was far from THE reason the Texans lost to the Hawks.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #16
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
So Seattle dismantled the 9ers, and the Texans were carving up the Hawks, but you think beating the 9ers is a long shot? You people are really tripping. Is there a reason that TJ Yates was drafted where he was, and that Keenum went undrafted? Foster is the exception, not the rule. Schaub has the team around him, and the skills to beat the 9ers IMO.

The Texans are 2-2 and all of you act as if the team is 0-4 and the season is lost. Get a grip on your emotions people. Did you read the Ravens board last season all year? Sounded pretty much the same as here today. Just goes to show that fans have no idea what they are talking about and let their emotions control their opinions. I am sure the Texans have a better team outlook than most of you and still support Schaub. I am all for starting out slow and peaking at the right time to finish strong. We have tried the fast start thing several times, and where has it gotten us?

This season is far from lost and like it or not, Schaub is not the one to blame for either loss. He had his part sure, but he was far from THE reason the Texans lost to the Hawks.
Hard to talk sense to a mob. I agree with everything you posted, well done.
Old 10-02-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Hard to talk sense to a mob. I agree with everything you posted, well done.
If you remember last year we weren't playing well, but still managed to win a lot of games & rack up a lot of stats, but when we lost... we really lost. Not just against the Greenbays or the Patriots, but anytime the other team was playing for "something" they found a way to get it done & we were left with a bunch of what ifs.

I know it's easy to say, "John Fox will never win a Super Bowl." & odds are that he won't win in 2013. I can say, "John Fox will never win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning." Odds are still on my side that it won't happen in 2013. Then Peyton could have a game like he did last year..... long story short, it's easy to be negative about any team & being that only 1 team can win...

There's really no point to my rant. Who knew the Ravens would win the Super Bowl & the Packers would be so far away?

We'll just have to see what happens.

& that's why we love this game so much.
Old 10-03-2013   #18
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So Seattle dismantled the 9ers, and the Texans were carving up the Hawks, but you think beating the 9ers is a long shot?
"Were" doesn't help the final score for jack for the Texans, which BTW was played at home, and not on the road like the next one. Considering:

-Schaub's decision making at crucial times in the game, coupled with his 3 pick six's in as many games
-A VERY beat up offensive line
-A prime time road game against last year's super bowl runner up whos QB is very mobile (which the Texans always have trouble stopping)
-The blowout loss to Baltimore and the nail-biting way the Texans barely got their 2 wins
-The way the secondary has allowed dumb penalties/bad coverage so far this season
-The way Kubiak keeps dialing up the same predictable formations that the 49ers are no doubt prepared for since they've had extra time to do so.

......forgive me if I'm not ODing on the Schauberry kool aid like you are.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Question.

Do you think Schaub would be able to handle the "pressure" if Josh Freeman were brought in?

Do you think he should be able to?

I ask, because many people are saying we should be looking to draft & prepare Schaub's replacement. No doubt about it, it's different to bring in a drafted rookie than a previous starter, but if the Texans were to bring him in, on the cheap of course, as the eventual replacement, do you think Schaub's psyche would be up to it?
Old 10-06-2013   #20
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude YOU were wrong on this!!! Deal with it!!!

/thread
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read