Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #1
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SeaHawks fan here

Hello all!

Obviously, I'm a SeaHawks fan. But There are two teams in the AFC that I find myself following or rooting for. The first is the Texans (Waaay classier than Dallas fans), the second is the team the Texans have beaten the last two years in the playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the game on Sunday, and I have to say, regardless of what happened in Baltimore, this is a game that has me a bit worried.

Our All-Pro left tackle is on injured reserve with a return designation, and our guard play has been shaky at best. That didn't prove too detrimental against the Jags, but the Texans aren't the Jags. I expect to see TE Zach Miller helping quite a bit with JJ Watt, so you shouldn't see him releasing into the secondary very often.

I also would guess that the 'Hawks are going to try and run the ball a lot. You won't see a whole lot of 5 to 7 step drops from our QB on Sunday. I'm guessing you'll see more 3 step drops, play action, and roll outs. If not, Wilson is going to get hit.

On the other side, I have a pretty good feeling about our defense that is getting healthier going against your banged up offense. And Schaub is a statue, so that works in our favor.

But all in all, I expect a close game with the result hinging on turnovers and a few big plays where they can be had. Cheers to a good and injury free game on Sunday!

SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SeaHawks fan here

Welcome to the board, I'm sure there will be some good football discussion leading up to the game Sunday. Everyone here is pretty pissed off at our team right now. The Texans better come out as angry as the fans are right now.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #3
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect most Texans fans to watch the game, see your QB perform compared to ours, and want to jump off their balconies. Fortunately here in Houston many homes are single story, and very few are more than two, so it will be mostly just sprained ankles and nicks and bruises.

Welcome ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.
Old 09-23-2013   #5
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.
If you are asking that of me I would give up much more than Matt for Wilson.
Old 09-23-2013   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
If you are asking that of me I would give up much more than Matt for Wilson.
I don't believe he was asking you. Just saying....
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #7
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. Absolutely not. Never ever. Russell Wilson is the absolute truth.

Peyton Manning set the rookie record for TD passes with 26 while throwing 28 INTS that same year. Russell Wilson tied his record while only throwing 10 INTS, and only 2 over the second half of the season.

Russell Wilson was second all time for rookie passer rating at 100.00 (RGIII was like 100.04 or something)

Russell Wilson owns the rookie record for consecutive passes completed at 17

Wilson is currently the 3rd highest rated passer in the NFL at 109.6

He's got wheels, and he can run. But he's a passer first.

Matt Schaub is Matt Hasselbeck2.0
SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2013   #8
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHawk View Post
I was thinking David Carr 2.0, but without the strong arm, or ability to run.
Old 09-23-2013   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013   #10
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Peyton Manning set the rookie record for TD passes with 26 while throwing 28 INTS that same year. Russell Wilson tied his record while only throwing 10 INTS, and only 2 over the second half of the season.

Russell Wilson was second all time for rookie passer rating at 100.00 (RGIII was like 100.04 or something)

I'm not so sure the question was "serious"
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #11
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Plus Russell is making about 500k this season.

I'm pretty glad a get to catch all the Seahawks games, as they're the local team here. The amount of talent that team has is sickening.

I'm glad that the Texans are going into this one pissed off as heck - because if we put a performance in like against the Ravens, it would be uggggly.

Side question - as Texas has seen a heck of a lot of homerism regarding Vince Young - what is the reception for Jake Locker going to be in Seattle when you guys play the tacks this year? Must be a few Husky alumnus looking to go for that one.
Old 09-24-2013   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

To whom would I compare thee Matthew Schaub?

The names:

Hasselbeck

Brister

Carr

Flacco

Romo

&

Grossman

come to mind.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #13
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's always been my go to comparison, and Hasselbeck never had a good season after the age of 32. Schaub is 32.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #14
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes.
Old 09-24-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Okay, how about this: Brice McCain for Richard Sherman straight up?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #16
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Okay, how about this: Brice McCain for Richard Sherman straight up?
I think we would have to include a 4th or 5th rounder to make that palatable for Seattle.
Old 09-23-2013   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board, Seahawks Fan. I hope we have a good game (that means we blow y'all out) and the Texans can get back on track.

The Seahawks have an awesome secondary, but I think we match up well in several key areas. Hopefully there are no injuries and the good guys win.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #18
Allegra
Rookie

Section: 530 - Row J
Rep Power: 0 Allegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respectedAllegra is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Welcome to the board, I'm sure there will be some good football discussion leading up to the game Sunday. Everyone here is pretty pissed off at our team right now. The Texans better come out as angry as the fans are right now.
Amen to that!!
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #19
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Hello all!

Obviously, I'm a SeaHawks fan. But There are two teams in the AFC that I find myself following or rooting for. The first is the Texans (Waaay classier than Dallas fans), the second is the team the Texans have beaten the last two years in the playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the game on Sunday, and I have to say, regardless of what happened in Baltimore, this is a game that has me a bit worried.

Our All-Pro left tackle is on injured reserve with a return designation, and our guard play has been shaky at best. That didn't prove too detrimental against the Jags, but the Texans aren't the Jags. I expect to see TE Zach Miller helping quite a bit with JJ Watt, so you shouldn't see him releasing into the secondary very often.

I also would guess that the 'Hawks are going to try and run the ball a lot. You won't see a whole lot of 5 to 7 step drops from our QB on Sunday. I'm guessing you'll see more 3 step drops, play action, and roll outs. If not, Wilson is going to get hit.

On the other side, I have a pretty good feeling about our defense that is getting healthier going against your banged up offense. And Schaub is a statue, so that works in our favor.

But all in all, I expect a close game with the result hinging on turnovers and a few big plays where they can be had. Cheers to a good and injury free game on Sunday!

Welcome! I respect the Seahawks a great deal. Are you sure Russell Okung is "All Pro"? I believe he's a pro bowler, and that's a great accomplishment.. But All Pro is a whole different tamale.

If the game comes down to turnovers, I think you guys have the advantage. To be honest, our only turnovers of the season come in the form of INT's. We have been pretty good about not fumbling thus far. **knock on wood**

I think you will have a hard time running the ball against us. But, Russell is a savvy QB who can throw bullets down the field.

Seahawks are a much better home team, so we have that going for us.

I think it will be a good, hard fought game.. With the Texans coming out on top.
Old 09-23-2013   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Hello all!

Slightly off-topic, but go Sounders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read