Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2013   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I thought it was clear...

that the two main concerns with our squad AS IS, are the O-Line and OLB pass rush?

Well, the Oline goes from average to BAD immediately w/ out D Brown, and our OLB pass rush may be non existent all year im afraid.

Unless these areas improve its going to define our season this year. We are too fragile at QB and secondary, and we have to mask this as best we can w Strong Oline and pass rush.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I thought it was clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
that the two main concerns with our squad AS IS, are the O-Line and OLB pass rush?

Well, the Oline goes from average to BAD immediately w/ out D Brown, and our OLB pass rush may be non existent all year im afraid.

Unless these areas improve its going to define our season this year. We are too fragile at QB and secondary, and we have to mask this as best we can w Strong Oline and pass rush.
This is true BUT a better qb would mask our oline and score tds thus allowing our D to attack. Just saying
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
This is true BUT a better qb would mask our oline and score tds thus allowing our D to attack. Just saying
No doubt about it. But in regards to the team and QB we actually have and for what THIS season is worth... The Oline and pass rush have to improve for us to even have a chance. All is not lost if we can fix these areas. Meaning D Brown comes back and gains pro bowl form, rest of oline gels, and for crying outloud somebody steps up at the OLB positon.

Alot to ask right now.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #4
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some of us are too slow to understand this simple fact I just wish Bob Mcnair wasn't.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Some of us are too slow to understand this simple fact I just wish Bob Mcnair wasn't.
I think we all understand it , as does Gary Kubiak & Rick Smith .... which is proven by the types of plays the team calls & the type of team they have built around him.

The problem is , where the hell do we find an upgrade "Right Now!"

Yates isn't better than Schaub.

Keenum isn't better than Schaub.

No one on the scrap heap is better than .... the statue of Schaub.

So please , tell me where we get an upgrade to start week 4 or beyond this season.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #6
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Powda, I've been saying the texans don't have anyone who can step on toes or make dbs open their hips. Even aj can't do it,but he's a good enogh rt runner to sell rts deep. I really like hopkins,but dbs aren't scared of him running buy them.
Old 09-23-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

So please , tell me where we get an upgrade to start week 4 or beyond this season.
Does it really matter? If Schaub isn't that great throw those young'ns out there. If we're not getting to the Super Bowl, we're not getting to the Super Bowl. Why waste time with Schaub?

IF Yates/Keenum are going to get better, it's not going to happen from the side line.
Old 09-23-2013   #8
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think we all understand it , as does Gary Kubiak & Rick Smith .... which is proven by the types of plays the team calls & the type of team they have built around him.

Since all of the people you say know that Matt Schaub isn't the answer passed up Peyton Manning for a million excuses that dont make any sense when you truly understand the nfl is a quarterbacks league. The answer NOW is you gotta give Yates and Keenum a chance. I believe Keenum would succeed in this offense. The running lane is wide open for a qb in this offense and once the threat of that is established... it makes it easier for the qb to hit an open receiver, tide end or running back. However the texans don't want to let Keenum run with the starters. I've seen Yates but NONE OF US have seen Keenum with the ones so I don't want to hear no BS about he wouldn't play better than Schaub.
Old 09-23-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Since all of the people you say know that Matt Schaub isn't the answer passed up Peyton Manning for a million excuses that dont make any sense when you truly understand the nfl is a quarterbacks league. The answer NOW is you gotta give Yates and Keenum a chance. I believe Keenum would succeed in this offense. The running lane is wide open for a qb in this offense and once the threat of that is established... it makes it easier for the qb to hit an open receiver, tide end or running back. However the texans don't want to let Keenum run with the starters. I've seen Yates but NONE OF US have seen Keenum with the ones so I don't want to hear no BS about he wouldn't play better than Schaub.
You need about $6M extra in cap space in 2012 and about $7M in 2013; you don't have it, what are you going to do?
Even if you cut AJ, you wouldn't have enough.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So what you're saying is the Texans need to do everything in their power to get a QB in next yrs draft? I realize that when Schaub signed that extention the Texans org married its self to Schaub. But the team needs to find out if TJ/Case are the future, because it's obvious that Schaub isn't the future.

I get that Gary is giving himself the best chance to win now using Schaub, but it will be his downfall in the longrun. If BoB decides to hold him accountable. Which using history as a barometer Gary will not be held accountable for the state of the franchise.

I equate Gary to Mack Browns situation. They are both great guys, but are slightly above avg at their jobs. Mack kept Greg Davis around long after he should've been fired and it looks like Mack will be fired after this yr. Joe Marciano is to Gary what Davis was to Brown. If BoB were to expecting to put the best product possible on the field.

Why do you think that Gary continues to keep Coach Joe around after all of these yrs of suckitude?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ask kaepernick how this is working out for him right now..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #12
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Maybe Kaepernick is getting exposed...as for us, we look like the 3rd best team in the division so far.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in the Texans than I was today...our shortcomings were magnified today, and if something is not done soon, this will be a long year.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
Maybe Kaepernick is getting exposed...as for us, we look like the 3rd best team in the division so far.

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in the Texans than I was today...our shortcomings were magnified today, and if something is not done soon, this will be a long year.
yeah, but we sure can move the ball between the 20's

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #14
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, but we sure can move the ball between the 20's
4th best RZ efficiency in the league. But, by all means, don't let that disrupt the narrative....
Old 09-22-2013   #15
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17175 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can see being the 2nd best behind the Colts, but until the Titans beat us we're still better than they are. I still think at the end of the season we'll still be winning the division.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #16
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I can see being the 2nd best behind the Colts, but until the Titans beat us we're still better than they are. I still think at the end of the season we'll still be winning the division.
It's Indy's division again.

Just cross out Manning and write in Luck and we get to re-live the last 10 years all over again.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But but but he's got a strong arm and He's mobile and he can run and He makes plays.......he's got a good defense behind him....the best o-line in the league. Whatever could be the problem...i thought this is all that was needed to be a great qb in the NFL..
Old 09-22-2013   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What do the 49ers and Kaepernick have to do with this?

Lets see, the Texans go out and sign one of the 2 best P in NFL history and the ST's still allow a PR TD.

Coach Joe must go.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What do the 49ers and Kaepernick have to do with this?

Lets see, the Texans go out and sign one of the 2 best P in NFL history and the ST's still allow a PR TD.

Coach Joe must go.
Nothing really...it just illustrates what i've been saying all day.
Old 09-22-2013   #20
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
He will just tell us he's seen a game called the super bowl.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read