Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 9/22. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

We rockin' our peers, puttin' suckas in fear!

Quote:
The Houston Texans are getting used to comebacks. Now with a daunting schedule ahead, they hope some offensive rhythm can allow them to avoid having to come back at all.

The Texans kick off a tough three-week stretch with a road game against a hurting Baltimore Ravens team that likely won't have Ray Rice on Sunday.

After playing the Super Bowl champions, Houston (2-0) hosts Seattle before visiting San Francisco, a 1-2-3 punch that will test the team's strengths - and its undefeated record. Baltimore has been a nemesis for the Texans while Seattle and San Francisco are considered Super Bowl contenders.

Houston has needed second-half rallies to win both of its games. The Texans set a franchise record by coming from 21 points down to beat San Diego 31-28 in the opener, then erased an eight-point deficit in the fourth quarter to eventually upend Tennessee 30-24 in overtime last Sunday.

"If it means winning at the end of the day we'll take this kind of game every week," said Matt Schaub, who has thrown for 644 yards and six touchdowns.

Despite Schaub's numbers, Houston has struggled to find consistency on offense.

The team scored in five plays on its opening drive against the Titans, then was mostly ineffective until tying the game on Arian Foster's touchdown run and two-point conversion with 1:53 to go in the fourth. It was a similar story a week earlier as the Texans went scoreless for a 28-minute span in the middle of the game.

"That's part of the NFL battle. We've got to get more consistent at what we're doing," said coach Gary Kubiak, whose team was 6 for 17 on third-down conversions last week. "We just didn't make any third downs. Third downs, they're the key to staying on the field and being balanced."

Houston hopes to have star receiver Andre Johnson available against Baltimore. His status is uncertain after sustaining a concussion Sunday on a fourth-quarter hit from Bernard Pollard, who was later fined $42,000.

"It'll be an end-of-the-week decision because we have to go through the process," Kubiak said Monday. "I think after the game, talking to him and seeing where he's at today, he's doing really well, and I'd expect the progress to go very quickly."

The Ravens (1-1) are also dealing with an injury to a star player. Rice left last Sunday's 14-6 win over Cleveland with a strained left hip flexor, and after missing a third consecutive day of practice on Friday was listed as doubtful.

If Rice is unable to play, Bernard Pierce would get the start. Pierce had a touchdown run against the Browns and finished with 57 yards on 19 carries.

Quote:
What I want to see:

Help the bookends with Sizzle and Doom

Without DB in the game today, we'll need to give Harris some help on the left side. If that means consistent chipping, fine. Schaub can NOT be under duress like he's been at times the last two weeks.

Run, run, run

23 and 44...as much as possible. Last two weeks; pedestrian run games (not that Denver needed it). That said, let's show 'em that we got backs on backs on backs on backs.

CONSTANT pressure on Flacco

Last two times we've played him, we've beat him up a bit. So, with that in mind; let's keep that up. Pressure up the middle has been giving Flacco trouble vs. our D, so I expect to see more of that.

Rice or not; MUST stop the run

Ravens still like to run the ball, so regardless if it's 27 or Bernard Pierce..stopping the run is a must. Was a little shaky in the 1st half last week, but got better in the 2nd half. ELIMINATE any sort of shakiness early and often.

Well, folks...week 3! Let's go to work early. As y'all know, this game won't be easy, but that doesn't mean we can't focus on the task. Physical football all day and getting that 1st win in B-More; not to mention, 1-0! That's the main goal every week. Let's go in to their crib and handle bidness! COMPETITION'S PAYIN' THE PRICE!
Old 09-22-2013   #2
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 25813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 9/22. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

As always, well put together, Shark.

Football fans are such masochists, though. Interactive entertainment. Sidewalk Supermen, wearing another man's name on our backs. Someone farts on the field and we smell it in our heads. We live for this stuff!

Oh, I wish we had gameday threads in the 80s and 90s. I wonder if it would go the same way back then as it does today, i.e. giddy anticipation moving into rampant fanaticism, as too-soon jubilation makes room for uni-mind inquisitiveness, while gears switch to defeatism, and all the time the thread implodes on itself as we burn Warren Moon in effigy (or in 2013, Matt Schaub).

Having said that, go TEXANS! Beat the snot out of the ratbirds!!!
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #3
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 9/22. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

Beat these ****ing bastards.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #4
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's get that first win in M&T Bank. We almost got em with TJ in the playoffs, and now it's time to get that monkey off our backs. I hope Harris fills in admirably because it's going to be a long day if he can't slow down Suggs, and oh lawd I am more worried on the other side of the line.

Texans win 24-17

GO TEXANS!

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I hope they get off to a fast start
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our mercenaries can kick their mercenaries butts!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 73223 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
As always, well put together, Shark.

Football fans are such masochists, though. Interactive entertainment. Sidewalk Supermen, wearing another man's name on our backs. Someone farts on the field and we smell it in our heads. We live for this stuff!

Oh, I wish we had gameday threads in the 80s and 90s. I wonder if it would go the same way back then as it does today, i.e. giddy anticipation moving into rampant fanaticism, as too-soon jubilation makes room for uni-mind inquisitiveness, while gears switch to defeatism, and all the time the thread implodes on itself as we burn Warren Moon in effigy (or in 2013, Matt Schaub).

Having said that, go TEXANS! Beat the snot out of the ratbirds!!!
That gave me a chuckle. Never looked at it like that but there's some truth there I'm sure.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2013   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Damnit...Dan Dierdorf is on the telecast.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #9
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 67028 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I aint gonna lie, reed looks good in a texans uniform !!!
Old 09-22-2013   #10
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I aint gonna lie, reed looks good in a texans uniform !!!
Just wait to see how good he looks when he's caught his first pass from Flacco!
Old 09-22-2013   #11
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I call him Dumbledorf or Captain Obvious
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #12
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Here we go. Most interesting matchup of our season so far.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I call him Dumbledorf or Captain Obvious
If there's one thing all fans can agree on..... which announcers they hate.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 107649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got the get to the TV. Let's have a great game TEXANS!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2013   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 73223 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Draggin' up here. Grill's goin', Mamma's got the burgers ready to go on. DVR is set. I'll start catching up after a while so I can buzz through the commercials.

Reppin' JJ Watt in my #99 Liberty White jersey.

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #16
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As much as i dislike Dierdorf... anything is better than that awful monday opener with Dilfer and Berman.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #17
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else having issues watching the game online using Sunday Ticket? Video keeps cutting out and audio is out of sync
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #18
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
As much as i dislike Dierdorf... anything is better than that awful monday opener with Dilfer and Berman.
And that awful team of Joel Myers and Spencer Tillman in preseason.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #19
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's do this Texans!

I've had a weird feeling about this game. Let's get a win

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #20
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55593 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There's the Foster we all love.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read