Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-07-2013   #1
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Aaron Murray QB Georgia

What a game he is having right now vs SC. Clowney has been a non factor as he and Gurley have taken over the game.
Old 09-08-2013   #2
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aaron Murray QB Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
What a game he is having right now vs SC. Clowney has been a non factor as he and Gurley have taken over the game.
Meh, Murray is the Matt Schaub of NCAA football...

Can't win the big games when they count...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Meh, Murray is the Matt Schaub of NCAA football...

Can't win the big games when they count...
People used to say the same thing about Peyton & Flacco.
Old 09-08-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I've watched two Georgia games and both have been as entertaining as any football I've seen.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Murray ... Mobile enough , accurate enough , strong enough arm .... don't think he's a product of the system or talent around him like some others (AJ McCarron being one of those).

I wonder where he ends up being drafted ?!! Im thinking he could be had in the 3rd round .... but that is definitely subject to change pending how he finishes this season.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #6
Scarecrow
CEO of PPO

Rep Power: 0 Scarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respectedScarecrow is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing with Murray is he isn't going to win you games by himself. If you have the pieces around him, he will do great things, but he isn't going to pilot a team by himself.

He could make a strong case for himself this year and *maybe* bump himself up to a first rounder. It will be hard to do that after falling to Clemson though. I personally, would not want to spend anything higher than a third on him. He has had incredible talent around him in Green, King, Lynch, and Gurley. Not to mention the amazing defenses he has had.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The jagUars & the draft

Found this article, thought I'd share.
NFL Draft rumors: Jaguars considering Aaron Murray?
Quote:
Former NFL scout Russ Lande recently wrote, ”General Manager David Caldwell learned under Bill Polian and Thomas Dimitroff, who both place a ton of emphasis on film evaluation and college production.”

He added that ”there is some sentiment around the league that the Jaguars would prefer to select a pass rusher in the first round.”

If that is the strategy the Jaguars decide to go with, then it is likely that they will have their eyes set on South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney in the first-round. Then, Murray, Eastern Illinois’ Jimmy Garoppolo and LSU’s Zach Mettenberger could all be intriguing options on Day 2.
Old 02-11-2014   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like Murray. Enjoyed Georgia's games this year.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I really like Murray. Enjoyed Georgia's games this year.
Me too but no way would I suggest he be our main target. I would love to draft him as a project.
Old 02-11-2014   #10
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

If that draft rumor is true that would be so awesome. We could literally see the 2 split sides of this forum in a battle 2x per year over at least the next 4/5 years.

There would be a winner and there would be a loser and obviously there would be blood.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
If that draft rumor is true that would be so awesome. We could literally see the 2 split sides of this forum in a battle 2x per year over at least the next 4/5 years.

There would be a winner and there would be a loser and obviously there would be blood.
What draft rumor ? Never mind.
Old 02-11-2014   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post

I would rather be on the side of Watt and Clowney.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default QB Aaron Murray U of G

Saw a clip of him on the Gruden QB Camp. Out of all the other QBs, not named Manziel, Bridgewater or Bortles, he intrigues me the most.

Kid is tough, I didn't know after he tore his ACL, he stayed in the game and threw a TD. Damn...

Drew Brees esq arm and height. Might be a steal in the late rounds...

Old 04-11-2014   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QB Aaron Murray U of G

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...t=Aaron+Murray
Old 04-11-2014   #15
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Yeah that was September, I have had a chance to watch more of him through the year and I like what I see...

I can admit I was off base on that assessment...

Old 04-11-2014   #16
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah that was September, I have had a chance to watch more of him through the year and I like what I see...

I can admit I was off base on that assessment...
Where you were off base is there was already an Aaron Murray thread.
Old 04-11-2014   #17
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Where you were off base is there was already an Aaron Murray thread.
I thought there was, I looked for it but guess not hard enough...

It was funny cause the 2nd post I saw, when I clicked the link, was one I made that compared Murray to Schaub....

which I should be ashamed about, nobody should EVER be compared to Schaub...that is just cruel...

Cak complaining I took a shot at Schaub in 3.....2.....1.....

Old 04-11-2014   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Saw a clip of him on the Gruden QB Camp. Out of all the other QBs, not named Manziel, Bridgewater or Bortles, he intrigues me the most.

Kid is tough, I didn't know after he tore his ACL, he stayed in the game and threw a TD. Damn...

Drew Brees esq arm and height. Might be a steal in the late rounds...
There's another thread where Greg Cossel reviews many of the 2014 QBs & in his evaluation of Murray, he says he's not a fast twitch guy like Brees. He called him slow & a few other things.

I think he's more likely to have success in the NFL than the 4 guys looked at as 1st rounders. Dude's a baller.
Old 04-11-2014   #19
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Murray is on my list if QBs I would be happy to have in camp.
Old 04-11-2014   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Murray is on my list if QBs I would be happy to have in camp.
Ditto, I really like his toughness. I've seen him dive headfirst into defenders to secure a touchdown when he had no business attempting it. I like his experience and he shows flashes at times. I would be interested to see him develop.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read