Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-06-2013   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

or baseball pitcher or baseball fielder. I just wanted to share this info on a "phenom" who as a red shirt freshman could impact Texans and NFL in 2014. He turns 19 December 2013 and could choose to remain in school but his first start was pretty good. Need a lot more evaluating but this college season could be his last so "heads up" as they say. Lengthy bio article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...025705602.html
Old 09-06-2013   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

He is not eligible until 2015. If I remember the rules correctly, one has to be 3 years removed from high school.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
He is not eligible until 2015. If I remember the rules correctly, one has to be 3 years removed from high school.
Yes.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah thought of that as I posted then did not know how to delete. I'll still watch him
Old 09-06-2013   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Yeah thought of that as I posted then did not know how to delete. I'll still watch him
It happens. He is certainly one to watch. I did not catch much of the game Monday night, but I made a mental note.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

He was touted as a great player coming out of high school and had a great game against Pitt. I'm trying to hold back a little because one game means nothing. He's got everything you would want out of a QB. He was doing a tad bit of **** talking in his first game, but our LT grabbed him after a TD and told him to calm down. He seems like a good guy too; he's a goofy guy if you follow his twitter.

We'll see how he performs against stiffer competition. We've got two seasons at least until we need to evaluate him as a prospect.

This guy has a deadly arm from the outfield. I watched FSU baseball this year and people rarely ever tried to take extra bases on him. He had a throw against Clemson to 3rd base where he got the runner and the Clemson kid got up like "what the hell???"
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He was touted as a great player coming out of high school and had a great game against Pitt. I'm trying to hold back a little because one game means nothing. He's got everything you would want out of a QB. He was doing a tad bit of **** talking in his first game, but our LT grabbed him after a TD and told him to calm down. He seems like a good guy too; he's a goofy guy if you follow his twitter.

We'll see how he performs against stiffer competition. We've got two seasons at least until we need to evaluate him as a prospect.

This guy has a deadly arm from the outfield. I watched FSU baseball this year and people rarely ever tried to take extra bases on him. He had a throw against Clemson to 3rd base where he got the runner and the Clemson kid got up like "what the hell???"
TS I was hoping you would weigh in. Please drop an occasion line about what you see if you will. Few are the RS I get to focus on as so many others to watch. I should have caught his eligibility when I saw he is still 18. That is what I was reviewing in my mind when I hit the post. He "rages" on the field supposedly and drew some penalties in high school I believe. Looks like all he needs is seasoning.
Old 11-13-2013   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Just got word that some bad stuff is about to come out in the news. Hope the source is wrong but I trust them. It's really bad.

I will update when it is confirmed.
Old 11-13-2013   #9
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just got word that some bad stuff is about to come out in the news. Hope the source is wrong but I trust them. It's really bad.

I will update when it is confirmed.
Florida State QB Jameis Winston
Investigated for Sexual Assault

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/13/jameis...#ixzz2kZXWCtQ3
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Florida State QB Jameis Winston
Investigated for Sexual Assault

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/11/13/jameis...#ixzz2kZXWCtQ3
I've also heard reports that they are investigating someone between 5'9 and 5'11. Winston is 6'4 so.

We will see when better reports come out.
Old 11-13-2013   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I've also heard reports that they are investigating someone between 5'9 and 5'11. Winston is 6'4 so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTV
November 13, 2013
7:04pm

Tallahassee, FL - Tallahassee attorney Tim Jansen says he is representing FSU Quarterback Jameis Winston. He says Winston is cooperating with the investigation. Jansen says Winston has not been charged with anything and says Winston has never been questioned by Tallahassee police about the incident, not in December of 2012 and not recently.

Jansen says it is his understanding that this case was closed by Tallahassee police in February.

WCTV will bring more information as it becomes available.
Link

So, it's nothing really.

He was investigated, but they never actually questioned him. His attorney said he thought they had closed the investigation, but I guess he recently learned that they hadn't closed it yet. They are looking for someone between 5'9" and 5'11" per police report.

Sounds like this was just brought up now to make a story.
Old 11-13-2013   #12
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well, his lawyer has already admitting representing him in the matter. So there must be something.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Well, his lawyer has already admitting representing him in the matter. So there must be something.
Nothing has changed in the investigation since December of 2012, almost one year ago and he was never questioned.

I doubt anything comes of it at all. I doubt they even update the story past that he was investigated and not questioned. Sounds like it could have been a football player though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read