Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-18-2013   #1
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65665 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Captain Cliche stats

This thread is about Spencer Tillman and the potential fun he can be in a drinking game format. Personally, I cant decide if he's a local treasure for his unintended entertainment or if I hate the guy. I knew i'd be rewatching all of the Texan's preseason games and along the way I decided it might be just as fun to track Tillman as it is to evaluate the players...so I made stats out of his ridiculous quotes:

Hallmark quotes totals thru 2 games =

Slow to,fast thru= 3 (dissapointed, I expected far more.)
Games & deals (or deals and games) = 6
Hold water = 2 (was I drunk, this cant be right.)
Breadth and width = 4
Bulla bulla = 3
Apple and a road map = 1

Other quotes tracked in game 1 & 2 =

Special play/player/company = 6
Verticle = 6
dre j = 3
Pay the defense(defenders) = 2
Pitter patter(rb feet) = 1
Faculties = 1
Battery mate = 1

Quotes I SHOULD'VE tracked in game 1 & 2 but only tracked in game 2 =

One cut = 2
Pay it off (paying it off) = 3
Execute = 4
Stretch (stretch play) = 11
Vision = 1
Continuity = 1

In the intrest of making this a true drinking game I would select quotes above as well as additional suggestions...

All scores = shot

All penalties = shot (excludes no flag adjustments)

First community credit union BRIAN CUSHING commercials

All JJ Watt commercials

All scores

Technical ******** difficulties
Old 08-18-2013   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Captain Cliche stats

Maybe I just don't pay attention to him that much, but whats the deal with "games and deals"? What is he referring to?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

DeAndre Hopkins makes big catch...

Spencer, "That's why they call him 'nuke'."

Hey Spencer, I thought his mom called him Nuk after the pacifier brand?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #4
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
DeAndre Hopkins makes big catch...

Spencer, "That's why they call him 'nuke'."

Hey Spencer, I thought his mom called him Nuk after the pacifier brand?
You are correct. Spencer apparently didn't do his homework.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I kept telling my wife that play-by-play guy was an idiot.
Old 08-18-2013   #6
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65665 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Maybe I just don't pay attention to him that much, but whats the deal with "games and deals"? What is he referring to?
He's referring to defensive stunts such as twists and "dog over" moves by linebackers. He uses it in such a general sense however that I always feel like he has no ideal what he's seeing.

Since I focused on his commentary so much I was able to hear things like "man concepts in zone coverage" from him which sounds completely contradictory. He really does sound drunk half the time. As an aside, Joel Myers loves to say "waggle" a lot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read