Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-16-2013   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

I know some people don't like Travis Johnson the player, but if you get a chance check out Travis Johnson the Radio Host. He is Really good IMO. REALLY good. He's a smart dude, has a good delivery, entertaining and I suspect a lot of guys here would agree with his takes.

I think he is 10x better than Seth. My favorite thing he said today was saying Andre is like a Crane on a construction site. Large presrnce looming over everyone...doesn't make a lot of fuss and always there ready to work.

But yeah...if you get a chance, check him out.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Travis Johnson on sports radio 610

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz2c9FbYsth

Making waves now because he called Tony Romo a loser. He's one to talk, biggest bust of a draft pick in our history and that's saying a lot. He needs to check himself before he goes around calling anyone a loser.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #3
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post

Making waves now because he called Tony Romo a loser. He's one to talk, biggest bust of a draft pick in our history and that's saying a lot. He needs to check himself before he goes around calling anyone a loser.
If all his arguments are as good as the Romo one, I'd imagine he's about as good at analyzing football as he was at playing it.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #4
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Romo has 10 times the heart that TJ had. I'm convinced that TJ never really wanted to play. At least that's the way he played.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think it says something that we actually have disagreement..... & so many candidates for this.

Texans biggest bust..
  1. David Carr
  2. Travis Johnson
  3. Amobi Okoye
  4. Bennie Joppru
  5. Jacoby Jones
  6. Frank Okam
  7. Brandon Harris
Old 08-17-2013   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't put joppru on that list. It wasn't because he sucked ..he just was in the tub.

Jacoby jones...time will tell if we blame the player or ST coaches here.

Tony hollings Charles hill come to mind as busts
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL...ok, so yeah..TJ is a personality on sr610 now...

I had a feeling this would turn into a bust thread.
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2013   #8
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I actually talks about how big of a bust he was and how the texans should have picked other guys first. Its pretty funny
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #9
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I was irritated when Sports 790 changed their line up to include Jay Mohr in the mid day slot. I hate national radio. We are big enough to have all local radio.

I don't like 610, but I guess I'll start listening since we have some crap national program in the midday.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #10
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45032 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

790 just blew up their entire lineup (which I liked) and
it is an absolute mess now..

I'm listening to 610 just to avoid Mohr. Perhaps the
station actually needs to hire a survey group and
do an impact study before such drastic changes are made.

I can't believe someone credible would have actually told
them this was a good move..

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I was irritated when Sports 790 changed their line up to include Jay Mohr in the mid day slot. I hate national radio. We are big enough to have all local radio.

I don't like 610, but I guess I'll start listening since we have some crap national program in the midday.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 121746 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
790 just blew up their entire lineup (which I liked) and
it is an absolute mess now..

I'm listening to 610 just to avoid Mohr. Perhaps the
station actually needs to hire a survey group and
do an impact study before such drastic changes are made.

I can't believe someone credible would have actually told
them this was a good move..

TJ
I won't listen to Mohr, and while Lance is pretty much tied with Pallilo for my absolute favorite local talk show guy, pairing him with Adam Clanton has me seriously considering switching to Mike and Mike. Clanton sucks.
Old 08-25-2013   #12
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post

I can't stand the 610 homers in the morning and afternoon, but I highly recommend the mid-day show with Mike Meltser and Seth Payne. Meltser isn't a homer, and Payne brings a veteran's perspective.

Maybe give it a shot one day.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #13
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I can't stand the 610 homers in the morning and afternoon, but I highly recommend the mid-day show with Mike Meltser and Seth Payne. Meltser isn't a homer, and Payne brings a veteran's perspective.

Maybe give it a shot one day.
Thanks for the rec. I'll give it a shot. I've liked Meltser on the post game coverage in the pre-season.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #14
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3740 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That honor goes to David Carr (as he was #1 overall..) and maybe even Amobi Okoye.

But TJ was pretty bad not gunna lie. Funny when he says Romo has not earned a dollar in the league...

Then again, we could have gotten Aaron Rodgers over TJ, so maybe he is the biggest bust...
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Travis Johnson just said he & the Texans thought, "As long as we've got David, how good are we going to be?"

I wonder how many Texans think that way about Schaub now. If we're thinking the Texans have been lackluster because of the QB play, surely there are some thinking that now. & if they are, they can't be too upset at the fans who were cheering when Matt got hurt. They were thinking the same thing.
Old 10-14-2013   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Travis Johnson just said he & the Texans thought, "As long as we've got David, how good are we going to be?"

I wonder how many Texans think that way about Schaub now. If we're thinking the Texans have been lackluster because of the QB play, surely there are some thinking that now. & if they are, they can't be too upset at the fans who were cheering when Matt got hurt. They were thinking the same thing.
Time out.

It's one thing to not want a guy to be your qb...it's another to be happy when he goes down to injury.

I'm not going to lie....I was happy that Yates was getting a shot. I was not happy that Schaub had to get injured for that to happen.

But the thing is, I didn't get excited until Schaub was helped off. You can't cheer while a guy is laying on the ground. Not cool.

So that is where I would think the disconnect would be between the fans and some players that might not want Matt to be the guy anymore.
Old 10-14-2013   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

But regarding Travis, I thought he had a couple good questions for Matt. He asked him about some throws he made when he got out of the pocket and he asked him about what he'd tell TJ and/or case if they had to start.

Btw, once again after a loss I give Matt and kubiak props for handling the questions like men.
Old 10-14-2013   #18
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Tony Boselli says Hi!
Old 10-15-2013   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123792 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Tony Boselli says Hi!
Bosslli wasn't a draft pick. And in response to the person you were responding too, he wasn't the biggest draft bust we ever had either. That distinction easily goes to mittens.
Old 10-15-2013   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Bosslli wasn't a draft pick. And in response to the person you were responding too, he wasn't the biggest draft bust we ever had either. That distinction easily goes to mittens.
Boselli was a draft pick... in the expansion draft, he was picked 1st overall.

However the biggest busts goes to Carr or Hollings.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read