Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2013   #1
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Watt lobbying to play Offense

Quote:
Are the Houston Texans preparing to add a hulking chess piece to the offense?

Defensive end J.J. Watt is badgering coach Gary Kubiak for the chance to line up on the opposite side of the ball.

"I've been lobbying since Day 1," Watt said Tuesday, per the Houston Chronicle. "It hasn't worked yet, so I don't think it's going to work anytime soon, but it's (Kubiak's) team."

Watt spoke of playing in a jumbo "Wisconsin" package alongside tight ends (and former Badgers) Owen Daniels and Garrett Graham. But that personnel grouping remains a myth for now, according to their coach.
More at the link
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Watt lobbying to play Offense

I'm on the fence about this. On one hand I think he could be effective in Goal line packages, but with his elbow injury I don't know if I'd tempt fate.
Texn4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the reward would be worth the risk. Stick to killin' QBs JJ!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I think this could be very effective inside the 5.

I'm also getting deja-vu, & I don't think this is the first time we've talked about it. Must've been a thread this time last year.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Not interested in having Watt's knees the target of some DBs spear-tackle.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I started to post this yesterday but was concerned I'd get booed out of town for being the messenger. I vote no way! The article indicates Watt joking and so was Kubiak's response
Old 08-14-2013   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Not interested in having Watt's knees the target of some DBs spear-tackle.
I hear ya, but what if it really IS effective and we need 5 yards to win THE SUPERBOWL?....or to get there...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2013   #8
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JJ Watt at TE?

JJ Watt at TE???

Discuss

ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #9
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt at TE?

Hello??!!!??

Discuss
Old 08-15-2013   #10
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Stop making these threads you newb!

LOL my bad!

Hahaha! It's all good!

Discuss
Old 08-15-2013   #11
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Back to the topic, the thing is you don't want to risk injury.

LOL yeah I could see it as a concern, but if the coach is alright with it, let's try it out for one play and see if it works out.

Haha you are correct!

Preciate it!

Discuss
Old 08-15-2013   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Been discussed here, Schizo. Look through the forum first before creating a new thread to talk to yourself

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101434

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read