Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-05-2013   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 67028 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where do Texans Rank in the AFC ???

I know these things are getting old, i am so ready for the season to start. Hell i'm even excited for pre season which i'm usually not. Amazing how we go from not near the best a few weeks ago to the class of the AFC haha.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...b-448ac1528bba

What really surprises me is how high Deion Sanders is on us, cause in the past it seemed like he always had it out for us.
Old 08-05-2013   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where do Texans Rank in the AFC ???

I have to put them #1 or #2.

Their chief competition - NE , Baltimore and Denver have all either gotten worse thru FA losses or injury while they have the majority of their core together for a few more seasons.

NE Lost literally their entire receiving corps.

Baltimore .... wow what an exodus

Denver got better at WR but worse at LBer as well as injuries on the OL. Peyton cant be Peyton laying on his back.

Cincy might make a jump this year ..... but I cant see Indy duplicating their season.

The only team I can say I feel threatened by is Denver in the AFC .... and that's highly questionable dependent upon how their new center performs - IE: Keeping Peyton upright.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not believe we can beat New England.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I think that changes this year!!

That said, I'll go back into my cynical self. As my Avi states; "Mediocrity Lives Here"

SOOOO, we'll see!
Old 08-05-2013   #5
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 67028 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do, Kubiak will have to leave his comfort zone, but i believe we can beat them.
Old 08-05-2013   #6
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Care to elaborate on why we wont beat them?.
Old 08-06-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Their chief competition - NE , Baltimore and Denver have all either gotten worse thru FA losses or injury....
Or have key players facing life in prison.
Old 08-05-2013   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Until we thump them convincingly, I concur. We went from Manning beating our ass to Brady. Gotta punch a bully in the mouth. Right now they've taken our lunch money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Until we thump them convincingly, I concur. We went from Manning beating our ass to Brady. Gotta punch a bully in the mouth. Right now they've taken our lunch money.
They have also taken a significant step backwards in terms of personnel .... You don't lose all those receivers and expect to have the same potent offense.

Defensively they aren't all that either , their offense , particularly Brady has covered up their weaknesses there over the past decade or so.

That team goes as Brady goes .... and I don't expect the same Brady we've come to expect because he has .... a buncha nobody's to throw to.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013   #10
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

We also didn't have Cushing in either of those games we played against them. Hopefully that's not the case this year.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #11
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
We also didn't have Cushing in either of those games we played against them. Hopefully that's not the case this year.
Yep.....
Old 08-06-2013   #12
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

On paper, the Texans will enter the season as the most talented team in the AFC, and they have got the coaching to match. It is gonna be a very interesting season.
Old 08-06-2013   #13
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our inability to beat NE is a bit misleading. In the MNF game, a completely avoidable bad start spiraled out of control.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #14
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
They have also taken a significant step backwards in terms of personnel .... You don't lose all those receivers and expect to have the same potent offense.

Defensively they aren't all that either , their offense , particularly Brady has covered up their weaknesses there over the past decade or so.

That team goes as Brady goes .... and I don't expect the same Brady we've come to expect because he has .... a buncha nobody's to throw to.
I don't disagree at all. Right now they are in our heads though. We were probably more talented during the other 2 beat downs as well. As long as Brady has all day to throw, he'll eventually find someone. Doesn't matter is Curly, Larry, and Moe are their WR/TEs. Belichick is great at putting guys in position to do what they do best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans rank number one for sure...

Ties with the other fifteen teams in the AFC.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #16
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very tempted to put us at #1.

I think if Reed is healthy and playing with Swearinger back there in those special packages, it greatly improves our pass defense against those top QB's. I really like Brooks Reed as the SOLB in this defense. I think he's perfect for that position. I think if Cushing is healthy, we will be fine at ILB. I love the talent on the DL. I think we are really good at corner. I'm worried about the pass rush from the outside. WOLB sets the tone in the outside pass rush, and I am not sure Merciless is that guy. I honestly wish we could re-do that pick, but I'd love to be proven wrong. I hope Jefferson makes the team because I think he could actually be one of the better pass rushers here. Hopefully Trevardo and Mont provide some value as well. But overall, I think the defense is solid. I think Merciless can be a good player, but I'm not sold on him as a weakside pass rusher at all. But overall, I don't think he sucks at all. I think he can be solid. So basically, the areas of most concern on the team for me (WOLB, ILB next to Cush) I think we will at least be solid.

I think defensively, if we remain healthy we can be THE #1 defense in the league. I think we should be top 5 easily.

Offensively, I think we will be very productive once again and I think Brandon Brooks is going to beast. I think Hopkins is going to beast. Al I need is for Schaub to stay consistently good throughout the year. Nothing flashy...Just be good all year long and into the play-offs.

If we can do that I think this team is playing in the superbowl. I think the team is THAT good. Another year of OTJT for Kubiak...Wade getting more toys to play with and getting Cushing back...

I'm expecting a great year for this team if we stay healthy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #17
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Texans rank number one for sure...

Ties with the other fifteen teams in the AFC.
or we're tied for last with all the other teams, depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

this will be a weird year in the AFC IMO

and think Finallllyyy both NE and Denver will be just utter dog poo and one team will be like top 10 draft pick bad

but then obvs teams will fill that void

I think Dolphins and like KC will both be like 10+ win teams

and the Texans will face one of them in the div round and they will prob give us a Hell of a battle
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #19
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52781 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

and think Finallllyyy both NE and Denver will be just utter dog poo and one team will be like top 10 draft pick bad

and the Texans will face one of them in the div round and they will prob give us a Hell of a battle
NE and Denver will be dog poo, and one will have a losing record and get a top ten pick?

I'll take that bet.
Old 08-07-2013   #20
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

Mark my words: pats get 7 wins at best.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read