Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 07-30-2013   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texian is Here Ready for 2014

Bringing my draft discussions here to Texans Talk. I've decided to leave Houston Texans message board. I hope some of my fellow draftniks will follow me over.

For starters this was my 2014 Texans Mock Draft done a few days after the 2013 NFL Draft.

1. David Fales, QB, San Jose State - Could be the best pure passer in college in 13" (an Aaron Rodgers kinda of story)

2. Marcus Williams, CB, North Dakota State - small school, 2 time All American, 15 INTs in 37 games

3. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, GA Tech

4. Crockett Gilmore, TE, Colo St.

5. Shamiel Gary, SS, Okla St.

6. Louis Young, CB, GA Tech

7. Trey Hopkins, OG, Texas

and this is my 2013 post draft -Draft for the Texans:

1. Tank Carradine, DE, FSU
2. Robert Alford, CB, SELA
3. Stedman Bailey, WR, WVU
3. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
4. John Simon, OLB/ILB, OSU
6. Bacari Rambo, FS, UGA
6. Reid Fragel, OT, OSU
6. D. C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers
6. Jonathan Stewart, ILB, TAM

Ready to get 2014 Started.
Old 07-30-2013   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texian is Here Ready for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Bringing my draft discussions here to Texans Talk. I've decided to leave Houston Texans message board. I hope some of my fellow draftniks will follow me over.

For starters this was my 2014 Texans Mock Draft done a few days after the 2013 NFL Draft.

1. David Fales, QB, San Jose State - Could be the best pure passer in college in 13" (an Aaron Rodgers kinda of story)

2. Marcus Williams, CB, North Dakota State - small school, 2 time All American, 15 INTs in 37 games

3. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
6. Bacari Rambo, FS, UGA
6. Reid Fragel, OT, OSU

Nate's already here. You guys will really like it here around draft time. All year actually.

Don't be shy about signing up for the TT mock draft. It's a hoot.

BTW, Welcome aboard.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #3
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to have you back man.
Old 07-31-2013   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome

Looking forward to you being a TT Mock Draft participant.

We always enjoy the back and forth discussion, without all of the petty childish name calling that happens on other MB's. Rock-N-Randy participted last yr and seemed to have a good time.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #5
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

I made a post on your thread regarding your departure on the other board. On how they ran off one of the best guys on future prospects. And got a 50 point infraction and was given a stern warning by dbruder44. Lol. Those guys have turned that place into their personal boards. All the mods over their are in the same tailgate crew!
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #6
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
I made a post on your thread regarding your departure on the other board. On how they ran off one of the best guys on future prospects. And got a 50 point infraction and was given a stern warning by dbruder44. Lol. Those guys have turned that place into their personal boards. All the mods over their are in the same tailgate crew!
Lets not get ahead of ours selves
I mean if you wanna crown him, then crown him.
Bahahaha what's good old timer?

Add me

All kidding aside Mr. Texian is a tad old fashioned but I like the simplicity in that and how he looks at prospects
More of a basics kind of fellow
But a keen eye for talent and a beautiful mind

Much respect for this man's opinion when it comes to draft, prospects, breakdowns, and scouting.
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #7
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Are you serious?. Wow I saw that post didn't see anything wrong with it.
Old 08-07-2013   #8
JRingo
Rookie

Rep Power: 1978 JRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respectedJRingo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

3. Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
6. Bacari Rambo, FS, UGA
6. Reid Fragel, OT, OSU

Glad to see I have found the prodigal child... Look forward to seeing your posts..
JRingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully Case moves up to QB2 this season, so if anything happens to Schaub Case will be next up. This way we will get a chance to see if Case is the future.

I do believe at this point Schaub is damaged goods. Do to his foot injury he will start out the season strong but fade at the end. The exact opposite of what you want in your QB.

BTW, I'm a Keenum fan.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #10
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Hopefully Case moves up to QB2 this season, so if anything happens to Schaub Case will be next up. This way we will get a chance to see if Case is the future.

I do believe at this point Schaub is damaged goods. Do to his foot injury he will start out the season strong but fade at the end. The exact opposite of what you want in your QB.

BTW, I'm a Keenum fan.
Same here!
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #11
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRingo View Post
Glad to see I have found the prodigal child... Look forward to seeing your posts..
Thanks JR! I will do my best and try not to disappoint. Ready to get this party started.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013   #12
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

to continue the QB discussion I'm really hoping Bryn Renner from NC has a massive year i really like him. only thing i dont understand is how people say he has an undersized arm looks pretty good to me
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
to continue the QB discussion I'm really hoping Bryn Renner from NC has a massive year i really like him. only thing i dont understand is how people say he has an undersized arm looks pretty good to me
I've seen him a few times, but haven't really zeroed in on him yet so I can't really say much.

Fales, on the other hand, caught my attention.
I agreed with Texian here; I think people will start to hear about him more as the season rolls along.

BTW, there are several guys who have been really into the college scene here on the board, but the three amigos (Badboy, beelover, and rmartin) are like year-round groupies (haha). Their contribution is highly appreciated.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013   #14
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71412 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
I think he's going to have a good season. I will let you know though as I will be watching everyone of his games.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013   #15
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
I think he's going to have a good season. I will let you know though as I will be watching everyone of his games.
that would be great. ill certainly be contacting you through the year to get your opinion
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like Bradley Roby, the CB at Ohio St.
He can play man and should fit with our scheme well.
Just wonder if this will affect his future:

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/cont...e-reduced.html
Old 08-09-2013   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Glad you guys are here.
I normally don't get involved with scouting college players much during the NFL season. I'll watch the games and pay attention to a few guys here and there, usually at certain positions I think the Texans may draft next year.

It's always good to have more eyes and ears.
Welcome!
Old 08-09-2013   #18
gcates
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 gcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never heard of this "draft" nonsense...and college football is for NERDS!!!!!

David Carr was always the answer, look at the two rings...you can't deny rings. He is clearly better than Dan Marino ever was.

Honestly, I haven't begun digging into the NCAA scene for the upcoming season as of yet...things here in Afghanistan have gotten complicated, plus when I stopped participating over at the other place, I just kinda shifted focus. Ending my contract in a few days, heading out to see the fiancee in SE Asia, then likely back to the good ol' USofA before the start of 2014.

Good to see you around Texian...the issues concerning you there are what prompted me to end my long tenure elsewhere. Randy, Ringo, revan...someone else on the first page, name escapes me (h-towntexans maybe)...good to see you fellas here as well.
gcates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #19
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcates View Post
I've never heard of this "draft" nonsense...and college football is for NERDS!!!!!

David Carr was always the answer, look at the two rings...you can't deny rings. He is clearly better than Dan Marino ever was.

Honestly, I haven't begun digging into the NCAA scene for the upcoming season as of yet...things here in Afghanistan have gotten complicated, plus when I stopped participating over at the other place, I just kinda shifted focus. Ending my contract in a few days, heading out to see the fiancee in SE Asia, then likely back to the good ol' USofA before the start of 2014.

Good to see you around Texian...the issues concerning you there are what prompted me to end my long tenure elsewhere. Randy, Ringo, revan...someone else on the first page, name escapes me (h-towntexans maybe)...good to see you fellas here as well.
Welcome to another very good football mind. He always seems to bring sense to the situation. Good see you made it to Texans Talk. I think you will like it and also see many familiar names. Looking forward to the 2013 seasons and our many conversations.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013   #20
gcates
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 gcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respectedgcates is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to another very good football mind. He always seems to bring sense to the situation. Good see you made it to Texans Talk. I think you will like it and also see many familiar names. Looking forward to the 2013 seasons and our many conversations.
For sure. A new start...now I'm just a noob and not one of the longest tenured members of the place. Outta make things interesting.
gcates is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read