Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-22-2013   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFF Texans Starting Lineup Ratings

Link to all other teams: http://imgur.com/a/FqUwa

Thoughts?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFF Texans Starting Lineup Ratings

Foster isn't Elite? Hmmm...

But J.Charles (KC) is?!? GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Foster isn't Elite? Hmmm...
Def a debatable point. They rated us 3 blue chips, only 4 teams w more... And 4 most they gave to anyone.
Old 07-22-2013   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub = avg
B.Reed = Avg
Mitchell = Below Avg, hopefully he improves this yr.
Brooks = has greatest chance for improvement
Cushing/Sharpton = Incomplete, Coming back from injury nobody knows how they will perform.

Greatest chance to provide help of players not listed Quessenberry/Swearinger.

The Texans team as a whole better hope Schab and Mitchell stay healthy. The Texans have put all their eggs in the Mitchell basket and there's not much behind him. plus I just dont think he's that good based off of the last few yrs performances. Hopefully he will get better.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure I agree with Sharpton being Poor. Unless they are counting injury histories with actual playing abilities.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #6
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

How dumb. PFF are the same guys that said Chris Myers is one of the best Centers in the game (I swear I read that directly from them). Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I swear it was PFF.

And obviously Foster is elite.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
How dumb. PFF are the same guys that said Chris Myers is one of the best Centers in the game (I swear I read that directly from them). Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I swear it was PFF.

And obviously Foster is elite.
Doesnt necessarily mean they think Myers is a blue chip. Not many of those to go around, and had Myers behind Unger, Mangold, and Sullivan in 12 rankings, who got the blue chip ratings for centers.
Sponsored links
Old 07-22-2013   #8
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Doesnt necessarily mean they think Myers is a blue chip. Not many of those to go around, and had Myers behind Unger, Mangold, and Sullivan in 12 rankings, who got the blue chip ratings for centers.
Makes sense. I hear what you're saying. 1 thing though is I'm pretty sure they have Myers ahead of Mangold, which is surprising to me they would give him blue chip and not Myers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...io-of-centers/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Chris Myers is the best at what he does. The problem is he is not meant to be able to pass-block a large NT by himself....and he can't.
Gotta disagree. Where did you come up with this in fact? I can't find anything that really backs that claim, this is the closest I can find, but in the end it still praises him:

"The first thing you notice about Chris Myers (6'4", 290 pounds, eight seasons) is his agility. As one of the best moving centers in the entire NFL, Myers is excellent at sliding inside the line to pick up blitzes and help guards in pass protection. When put into a one-on-one situation, he can lose anchor and get walked back, but he is smart enough to go to the ground and cut the defender if that happens. Myers does a great job coming out to meet pass-rushers, and with his quick feet and strong hands, he’s able to mirror and protect the pocket.

Myers isn’t the biggest guy at 290 pounds, but he makes up for that with excellent quickness and vision."
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Myers is the best at what he does. The problem is he is not meant to be able to pass-block a large NT by himself....and he can't.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt, Cushing, Joseph, Andre, Brown, and Foster are all "blue chips" to me, don't know what the hell they're thinking.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thoughts?
We look pretty good in comparison. Not much to quibble with overall for me.

These graphics really show how recent/coveted draft picks have performed so far, which is very interesting to me.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013   #12
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thoughts?
Generally speaking, I can see where they're coming from.

Foster - Considered elite by pretty much everyone...except these guys.

Mercilus - Need an 'incomplete' option. You'll never know how good he is/isn't until he's an everyday 3-down defender.

Cushing - Elite, but I'll give them benefit of the doubt coming off injury.

Schaub - I'd go so far as to say he's high-quality, but not elite.

Reed- Average, not really below, unless (like Cushing) they're counting injury in the equation.

I'm also not sure I'd rate either our RT or RG as anything more than Below Average.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read