Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 06-18-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Farewell Nick

Quote:
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield 17 Jun

Leaving @HoustonTexans on June 20 to start a new career with @OtMCPR in Houston. Been a great 6 years- thanks, everyone
We ARE indeed LOSING one of the most reliable sources of everything Texans.

FYI, On the Mark Communications (OtMCPR) is a boutique PR firm with clients in industries including entertainment, hospitality & technology.

Good luck, Nick.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Farewell Nick

Good luck in the future nick.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, Nick.

You did a great job!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #4
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Best wishes. I'm sure there are even bigger and better things in your future.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

It was, evidently, a great opportunity for Scurf. Best of luck.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #6
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nick Scurfield leaving the Texans

Quote:
Today is my last day with the Houston Texans. Itís been a great ride.
I arrived as an intern out of college in 2007. It was three days after my final summer-school class at the University of Southern California. I thought I would be here for six months. I ended up staying for six years.

I didnít know much about the Texans in 2007. I grew up in Washington State, Hawaii and Mississippi, and the Texans were five years old and had never posted a winning record. I knew them best as the quasi-expansion team that passed on possibly the best player my alma mater had ever produced, Reggie Bush, with the top pick of the 2006 NFL Draft in favor of Mario Williams.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-bebd1fea0cf6

Wasn't he in charge of the official message board also?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: Nick Scurfield leaving the Texans

I don't know if he was actually the party with decision making authority like you but he was the primary contact point and the one who conveyed decisions for the most part.
Old 06-20-2013   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't there already a thread about this?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Isn't there already a thread about this?
Yes (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100680) but Hook'em can post all the dupes he wants in my book.

Don't know about the MB. They could farm that out to TTalk.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #10
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yes (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100680) but Hook'em can post all the dupes he wants in my book.

Don't know about the MB. They could farm that out to TTalk.
No, I apologize. I actually looked to see if there was a thread already. Somehow I am blind.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-bebd1fea0cf6

Wasn't he in charge of the official message board also?

Nah, that was the other Nick. Nick Schenck. I do not think he is with the Texans any more either. Think he left after the season.

I do not know who their replacements will be.

Zac Emmons from PR also left.
Old 06-25-2013   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

First of all, huge bummer about Scurfield. Guy was great.

Secondly,
Quote:
McNair is one of the best people Iíve met, period. One of my lasting memories of him is from when I was an intern and at his company Christmas party. I hadnít spoken with him in at least three months and figured I would need to re-introduce myself as I approached him, as I had with most of the higher-ups that evening. Instead, he shook my hand, immediately told his wife Janice my name without so much as glancing at my nametag and asked me how my family was doing in Mississippi. I was blown away. Another enduring memory is the time he cut a $100 million check to Baylor College of Medicine for breast cancer research in September 2007. He wants the Texans to be the most community-connected sports franchise in the world. He encourages employees to give to charities like the United Way, and he matches everything that we give. He also hires good people, lets them do their job and gives them the resources to do it. That's what you want in your team's owner, as far as I'm concerned.
Wow.

That's a good dude.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read