Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-19-2013   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFT: Texans Mount Rushmore

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...vely-speaking/

Quote:
In the league only 11 years, the Texans waited until their 10th season to make it to the postseason. Which should skew their Mt. Rushmore toward the more recent contributors.

It didn’t. In large part because the most important player in team history has been there for 10 of the 11 seasons. And receiver Andre Johnson has shown no signs of slowing down.

Along with Johnson, owner Bob McNair, running back Arian Foster, and defensive end J.J. Watt made it onto the mountain.
I'm surprised that Bob McNair made it on the mountain instead of another player. Should have been Cushing instead IMO.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFT: Texans Mount Rushmore

For what it's worth, McNair is viewed as the guy who brought back football to Houston so I'm fine with him being on there and Cushing not.
Old 06-19-2013   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
For what it's worth, McNair is viewed as the guy who brought back football to Houston so I'm fine with him being on there and Cushing not.
I don't have a problem with that choice but I think Florio is wrong in saying Cushing has never been the same since his suspension. I think that is just ignorant.
Old 06-19-2013   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I voted for McNair, Andre, Watt and Duane Brown. So, I was close.

What I found interesting was that, in the voting, there were no options from the Casserly era.

When they started doing this and it was talked about on the radio it was almost unanimous that Aaron Glenn would be in the running for it. He wasn't even an option.
Old 06-19-2013   #5
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Totally disagree with the pick of Watt, no matter how great his 2012 season was. That's just a single season, and he's only been on the team and in the league for 2 years.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Totally disagree with the pick of Watt, no matter how great his 2012 season was. That's just a single season, and he's only been on the team and in the league for 2 years.
That single season will be remembered for a very very long time in how dominant it truly was.
Old 06-19-2013   #7
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was also arguably the greatest season a DL has ever had. If you put up a season that ranks in the greatest of all time category you get onto the Mount Rushmore list.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-19-2013   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's been on the team for 2 out of 11 years, not coincidentally the only two resulting in playoff berths and division titles - it's all relative. Additionally, while 2012 was the year that was arguably the greatest of all time for a DL, the interception returned for a TD in the first Cincy wildcard game may very well be the most significant single play in the team's short history.
Old 06-20-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
His second season in the league was amazing. But don't forget he had a heck of a rookie season as well. So I don't think it's about one season.

On the other hand I do agree that 2 out of 10 years makes it hard to put him on Mt. Texans-more. It should really be the people who shaped the direction of the Texans over that time.
  1. McNair
    He brought the NFL back to Houston
  2. Kubiak
    We stopped losing (not necessarily winning, but we stopped losing).
  3. Andre
    He became the mold for what is "Texans' Worthy"
  4. Wade
    We started winning. He's only been here two years like JjWatt, but Wade did a lot more to change what it means to be a Texans & he's got his own Website
Old 06-19-2013   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't have a problem with that choice but I think Florio is wrong in saying Cushing has never been the same since his suspension. I think that is just ignorant.
Florio smokes crack, and is a known Texans hater so its no surprise.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Completely concur - and more credibly and objectively, so does the AP, who named Cushing 2nd team All Pro for the 2011 season.

I will add that due to the express criteria that coaches, front office personnel and owners were expressly to be included in those considered, I believe McNair to be almost as much of a no-brainer as AJ.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read