Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-14-2013   #1
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bullocks Health

Looks like Randy will be ready to go this season. Hope he has a great year!

Quote:
“I feel great,” he said. “I’ve been cleared… (I’m) working out and doing everything normal. It feels good. I still go in the training room and work with Geoff Kaplan and his staff doing some maintenance exercises, but everything's good. I'm healthy and I’m ready to go.”
Link to full article;
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-a1268e1456f2
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he was really hurt last year. Idk...whole situation seemed fishy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #3
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bullocks Health

I agree. I don't think he was ever hurt
Old 05-14-2013   #4
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72763 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know, him applying makeup to his inner thigh and tweeting a picture of it to fake a groin injury sounds a lot sketchier than just having an injury that kept him out the whole year.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I don't know, him applying makeup to his inner thigh and tweeting a picture of it...
Great. Our kicker wears makeup. Don't let any of the other teams know about this.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #6
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Great. Our kicker wears makeup. Don't let any of the other teams know about this.
laces out.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

never mind, doc answered this one.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2013   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
I don't know, him applying makeup to his inner thigh and tweeting a picture of it to fake a groin injury sounds a lot sketchier than just having an injury that kept him out the whole year.
I know some pretty kinky girls. I'm just saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Bullock needs to show some power on those kicks because last year his distance left a little to be desired.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #10
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40659 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Bullock needs to show some power on those kicks because last year his distance left a little to be desired.
wait what? His leg was light years stronger than Grahams. Just a touch less accurate. His kickoffs were BOMBS
Old 05-14-2013   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
wait what? His leg was light years stronger than Grahams. Just a touch less accurate. His kickoffs were BOMBS
I wouldn't say they were bombs. Of the 12 kickoffs Bullock had, only 6 made it past the goal line, deepest being 6 yards deep, and every single one of the 12 was returned.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013   #12
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40659 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I wouldn't say they were bombs. Of the 12 kickoffs Bullock had, only 6 made it past the goal line, deepest being 6 yards deep, and every single one of the 12 was returned.
are those stats? where did you find them?
Old 05-14-2013   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Everything depends on whether the "strain" on 8/7/12 was part of the same groin issue that put him on the sidelines on 8/26/12 or not. I have to think it was the beginning of his end.
Old 05-14-2013   #14
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty sure he wasn't injured. We had an alright vet and a rookie that could use some time.
Old 05-14-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Pretty sure he wasn't injured. We had an alright vet and a rookie that could use some time.
Old 05-14-2013   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My specualtion is that he was hurt somewhat, not season ending type hurt, but enough to 'redshirt" him w/o too much league poking around.
Old 05-14-2013   #17
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72763 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I remember he had a minor injury very early on and then over time injured it even worse, resulting in his placement on IR. He tweeted a picture of it and looks just like muscle tear/pull would. Probably would explain his lack of power later on in preseason. Conspiracy averted.
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #18
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27347 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

How was his kicking power in college?
LikeMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
As far as pre-injury leg strength, in college, he was never known as a "boomer." He was known for his accuracy under 50yds. Nor was he ever truly in any significant number of games to prove a "clutch" reputation. In fact, as I see it, his "booming leg strength" label has been virtually manufactured and hyped by Kubiak and the Texans F.O.
Sounds like a younger version of Shayne Graham.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013   #20
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's his senior stats again:

Kicking Logs
Date Opp FGM FGA XPM XPA 1-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50+ Long
9/4/2011 SMU 2 2 4 6 1-1 0-0 1-1 0-0 0-0 37
9/17/2011 Idaho 3 4 4 4 0-0 1-1 0-0 2-3 0-0 46
9/24/2011 OkSt 2 2 3 3 0-0 0-0 1-1 1-1 0-0 43
10/1/2011 @ Ark 1 1 5 5 0-0 1-1 0-0 0-0 0-0 23
10/8/2011 @ TxTch 1 1 6 6 0-0 0-0 0-0 1-1 0-0 45
10/15/2011 Baylor 2 2 7 7 0-0 0-0 1-1 1-1 0-0 47
10/22/2011 @ IaSt 4 4 3 3 0-0 2-2 0-0 2-2 0-0 47
10/29/2011 Mizzou 1 1 4 4 0-0 0-0 1-1 0-0 0-0 35
11/5/2011 @ Okla 1 3 2 2 0-0 0-0 0-1 1-2 0-0 43
11/12/2011 @ KanSt 3 4 5 5 1-1 1-1 0-0 1-1 0-1 42
11/19/2011 Kansas 1 1 8 8 0-0 1-1 0-0 0-0 0-0 28
11/24/2011 Tex 4 4 1 1 0-0 1-1 1-1 1-1 1-1 52
12/31/2011 @ NW 4 4 3 3 0-0 1-1 1-1 2-2 0-0 47

Exactly two attempts over 50 yds and he was 1 of 2. 87.9 Percentage isn't too shabby though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read