View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004   #27
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Counter-clockwise instead of clockwise? That has to have 0.0% effect on catching a football thrown by a pro QB. Don't be fooled by what it looks like on TV, these balls are coming in like rockets. Receivers are watching the point of the ball, not looking at the rotation of the laces. That they can do this while running full speed with a 200 lb man in tow is amazing. But they can and that's what they're paid to do.
The ball spins the other way when it hits your hand. Instead of moving towards your body when you catch, the ball moves away. Maybe it was just a bad day for AJ, but the ball does different things with a lefty. It is a little overrated, I agree, but it is a reason I didnt like drafting a left handed QB to back up a right handed QB.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote