View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008   #129
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99855 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY's Mommy: "He's hurting inside and out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Irrespective of what the fish fan says, you are correct. While it's not 100% the cause (genetics, etc.), stressors (for Ksatofsna that means unhealthy behavior and negative thought patterns) are thought to be the leading cause of chemical imbalances.
I am sorry if that if what I posted was above fish fan's head. I worked for over a year with people that are truly experts in the field of anxiety and depression. I had to go to Canada to find them however they did more for me than any therapist, doctor, or psychiatrist ever could because I am 100% cured from that disorder (and I was real bad). One thing I did learn was just how clueless so many of those other "experts" are about this disorder. Most are just trained in pushing pills and that is all they know. I can't tell you how many people I went to looking for help and answers.

The people I worked with honestly feel that what I mentioned is 100% the cause. They say there is no evidence at all that genetics play a role, it's more environmental which means parents can still pass it on to their kids because kids tend to mock their parents behavior. Despite that I personally think that there could exist a gene that causes people to have the tendency to be worriers or over react to things. If that is the case genetics would play a role however one could still learn not to be those things even if they have the tendency.

"Big pharma" is big business and they want us all to believe that we need pills for everything. Sorry if someone is offended by that term but it is what it is. Take for example "fibromyalgia". When I first started working with my therapist in Canada she told me that there are many "diseases" that get thrown into the autoimmune category (because there is no scientific cause) yet many of them aren't diseases at all. They are merely symptoms of the body's breakdown from overstress and negative thinking. She mentioned fibro as one of those. I thought about that, then thought about everyone I have known that has been diagnosed with fibro (my mom being one). Everyone I knew including my mom have had issues with negative thinking or over reacting (my mom blows everything out of proportion).

About a year ago the doctor that "discovered" and named fibromyalgia came out and said he regretted making this is disease because he is now convinced it is the body's reaction to over stress and negative thinking. He said there was no physical evidence of anything else in their years of studies. He also said that in studies the people that were told they were merely having symptoms of over stress, etc and didn't have a disease eventually got better. However the ones that were told they had an autoimmune disease called fibromyalgia tend to not get better. He said he felt he did a lot of people a big misservice because by making people believe they have a disease keeps them sick.

However the pharma companies were making a drug to treat fibro. They came out countering that doctor's report trying to convince people that they truly have a disease and need their drug. There is now a TV commercial running in the States saying that very thing. I get sick everytime I see it because it is just a big lie.

I had all those symptoms. My wife had every symptom of "fibro" when her mom died. If she would have went to a doctor I am convinced they would have diagnosed her with that and gave her pills. However we knew what the cause was and she has gotten better over time as she has learned to deal with stress from the loss of her mom.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote