View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008   #124
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans QB Vince Young In Crotches After Knee Injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
VY isn't any of those guys..........which isn't a bad thing imo.........if he's good at it, you have to go with what works for him, and gives you the best chance to win. The coaches job is to put players in the best position to succeed..............VY is best at scrambling..............and he's not even a "wild" scrambler, very rarely does he get hit hard scrambling, because of his running style......................let em run coach.

It's not just those guys though, it's virtually every rookie qb in the nfl who does that in their 1st year & under that light what he did his rookie year looks even less impressive. & like i said earlier, teams just hadn't figured out how to scheme him yet....3 years later, it appears they have.

& as far as the bolded, this is a lie proliferated alot on the titans MB by some fans who can't understand why he's not running. This myth that Fisher & co. are making him stay in the pocket isn't true. When fisher has been questioned about young & his development, i've personally heard, at least 1 time, with my own ears from interview snippets on the NFL network & the titans MB, fisher tell reporters such things as "we've told him don't forget about your legs..." & things of that nature. Either way i think the book's out on him....confuse him with the pre-snap & post-snap reads, watch him scramble in hopes of getting a good lick on him or sit back & eventually he'll make a mistake.

Yes. Year 1 they gave him a lot more freedom. Year 2 they pushed Vince to stay in the pocket and complete passes.......And he has a new coordinator in this year.......I stick by my statement.

i only brought up the other qbs b/c they were known as running qb's (except big ben) out of college too but they adapted & that's why they are successful on this level as well....the answer looks pretty clear cut to me on what he's gonna have to do to fulfill the potential everyone saw in him.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote