View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008   #60
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans QB Vince Young In Crotches After Knee Injury

Being serious about Senior Sausage for a moment I think you take a guy like Vince Young and you let him do what he does. If he has a higher chance of getting hurt doing that (and I think he does, Dream you could name 5 "conventional" QB's who get hurt for every runner because they outnumber runners by a wide margin IMO) then that's just the chance you take. You're looking at the possibility of Young "burning bright" for less time if he gets injured or Young never reaching his potential and being very average for a longer time in an attempt to lengthen his years on the field. What good is that if he's playing at a low level?

Drafting him because of his success as an instinctive player who has a "ok to fairly good" arm that he gets a lot out of because he's got great wheels and then trying to make him something he's not defeats the purpose and makes the Titans look stupid. If they wanted a guy to sit in the pocket and throw passes they should have drafted Leinart and deep down inside I think that Fisher knows that.

But a weaker Titans team is a plus for us so I'm not complaining. I just think they're wasting what he could be trying to turn him into something he'll never be and that this is not helped by his overall immaturity. He's going through a frustrating time and is ill-equipped to deal with it.