View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
I never said he couldn't play....or well, we wouldn't have picked him up, but the bottom line is he wasn't talented enough to stick on their roster. I'm not sure that is debatable. He sure wasn't carrying a large salary there.

True, he can play. He was an upgrade over Stevens and I am still thinking it's possible that he might not be much worse (if at all) than Coleman ends up being. I seem to recall that Coleman was tried at Safety once before.

The only real question is are we smarter than the Jaguars coaches (by "we" I mean the Texans coaches/braintrust). Was he not talented enough to stick on their roster or did they make a mistake and let him go. Did their drafting of another safety mean that he wasn't getting the job done? From what I understand his previous season was pretty good. This we may never know but I think he's going to go into camp to try and beat Coleman out of the starting job.

I hope he gets a fair shot at it. I like Coleman and I like McCree and if McCree gets a fair chance to keep his position then to win it Coleman will have to be better than him which means that no matter what happens we're not starting Matt Stevens. I'm happy, what was the question again?