Thread: Texans presser
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008   #127
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans presser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
aj! are you on the radio?
Yes, that was me.

They kept talking about the Texans keeping "10" offensive linemen. Kubiak made mention of them being heavy at OL during the presser and knowing they kept Washburn (which makes it 11 for another day or two at least) I thought I'd call and make the point about the 11 OLs including 6 that can play tackle.

By that point in the show, they had gone through all the positions and hadn't mentioned Washburn and the roster spot he will occupy until (I'm guessing) that they are fully convinced that Butler's shoulder checks out okay (and hopefully there's nothing going on with Salaam)... and I thought that was noteworthy and getting lost in the Maddox/Colvin reaction.

Colvin's impact capwise is minimal. He had $1 million of his base guaranteed over for '08 and '09 and that's all that has to be dealt with. He also had a roster bonus in there but I'm guessing that was contingent on him making the team - so that would be a non effect capwise. Since he's a post June 1 cut, I'd assume they can split his dead money over this year and next at $500k per year.

Last edited by aj.; 08-30-2008 at 07:55 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote