View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets Clean the Slate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Its been a pretty negative pre season this year. Lots of light shined on areas we have poked and prodded to the point where it seems like we are for sure doomed. But alas... its time to wipe it all clean. Time to get past a part of the year that really means nothing in the end and has no bearing on our actual year and the results that will play out.

From here on all eyes forward on week 1 at Pitt. Its now all on the line and in the NFL anything can happen on any given Sunday. From now on I am forgetting the past and looking to our 2008 season. Mario could and probably will follow up last year in a big way. Amobi could very well.. and likely will make a huge leap in year two. The D could really start gelling. Gibbs will most likely get our running game in a position to be one of the best in the league (he has every where he has been and done it quickly). Schaub and AJ are going to put up ridiculous numbers for 16 games.

Nobody has won anything yet. We all have the same record. Us, the Colts, the Cowgirls, the Pats, the Titans... Lets get things rolling forward and lets have a thread full of optimism. One that after the Pittsburg victory we can all look back and go.... see it was just preseason! What are you most excited to see happen?

GO TEXANS!!!!
Well said!

I have read a lot of the pre-season thoughts from writers and fans, but I have not posted my own...mainly because I have made a point to refrain from forming any opinions that are pre-conceived going into the season. I want to take one game at a time, and then form an opinion based upon what is, not what might be.

So I second your clean slate proposal, and from this point forward, a united fanbase should get ready for the 2008 Houston Texans season!

LOUD, PROUD, AND TEXAN!!