View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Scout.com] Texans Pass Rush is a Concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Look, I understand your optimism going into the season. I'm optimistic about several things of the team, but defense isn't one of them.

Honest question (not trying to be an ass), what have we seen in the past 2 seasons would give you the impression "we'll get it going during the season"?

Nothing....pass rush, secondary and defending the run are all STILL a big ?

I think we are still paying a huge price to upgrade our offense so Rick Smith/Kubiak where unable to justify a couple more high defensive picks. protection for Matt Schaub being the prioity. the Texans had to address cb with Dunta Robinsons injury both via free agency & the draft so there's another strike plus teams really paid premiums for elite pass rushers & now we know why......

still I beleive the maturation process of our DL should continue to improve our pass rushing #'s as the regular season moves along, thus echoing WesmanTexanfan

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote