Thread: your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008   #4
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
trust me, I know I took a risk, but I pretty much had to from the 8 spot.

guess I'm just banking on some breakthrough seasons for some guys, and injuries to some who they split time with.

I like your 1-2 picks alot, but I would have waited one more round on QB. Palmer may yet lose CJ this season to his shoulder injury.
Well, the way the third round was going, Palmer was THE BEST value pick available. I would usually go RB there or WR if a tier 1 or 2 was still hanging around, but there was no RB or WR that matched Palmer's value in that position. Our league has been going on for years, and I conferred with a couple of my fellow drafters and they agreed, I really had no choice but go with best available.

Your gamble on RBs might pay off, but you gambled on mid-round RBs stepping up, and that's generally not a good position to be in. It's my philosophy that the flyer players are mid-round gambles that if they pay off, great, you look like a genius, but they ride the bench until they become RBBC1 or they're buy week fill ins. You're going to have to gamble week in and week out on seeing some consistent production from both your RB starters. And two of your four RBs are rooks. So, you have risk one: RBBC players and risk two: rookies.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote