View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008   #44
Polo

Default Re: Weaver, Greenwood, Reeves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Then we were discussing different things.

My point was that by the time preseason started, he was a starter. He might have been in a fight for the job, but he had worked himself into a position to be the starter. Now, I was wrong that he got the spot because the previous starter left... but you were wrong that he got the spot because Kiwanuka (sp) moved back onto the line after Osi's injury. He was already starting when the preseason started.

If your point was that he wasn't BROUGHT IN to be the starter, then that's really a totally different thing and not something I consider particularly relevant.
Actually, He was never named a starter until Kiwi got hurt...

Up until that time he was just battling for the spot...

And the fact that he wasn't brought in to be a starter is relevant...

When we take guys that previously started for other teams (even if they suck/are coming of injury) they are pretty much guaranteed starting roles with our club...Most back-ups we take from other teams have legit chances at ample playing time...

When other teams take our guys that's not always the case...Most of the time they are brought in to "compete for jobs"...Alot of them end up cut...

But that's not saying much...Technically everyone there is competing for jobs...

Basically, Danny Clark wasn't some highly sought after player...

My original statement stands...

Basically he was a pretty key starter for us (an our talent laden defense [/sarcasm]) but was brought to NY to compete with Gerris Wilkerson...