Thread: your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008   #2
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: your thoughts?

Not a huge fan of not getting at least one RB in the first 3 rounds. Your RB corps is going to be a big huge pain in your fanny all year, trust me. You're strong really at only one position. You have nothing but RBBC backs, and that's going to hurt.

Seriously, the people in my long-running league who do silly things like WR, WR, WR in the first three rounds have very mediocre seasons. And one guy did that once, betting on the PPR putting them over the top.

This year, I went RB, WR, QB. I'm a huge advocate of getting one stud at 2-3 positions early. I got, in draft order, Jackson, Wayne and Palmer. I rounded that out with T. Jones in the 4th and Brandon Marshall in the 5th. I have 2 primary backs and one, possibly 2 stud WRs (I took a chance on Marshall and his legal woes, but he had too much value in the 5th to pass up) and one stud QB.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote