View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weaver, Greenwood, Reeves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08262008...ine_126091.htm

My point stands....

He wasn't brought in with the intentions of him being a starter...
Then we were discussing different things.

My point was that by the time preseason started, he was a starter. He might have been in a fight for the job, but he had worked himself into a position to be the starter. Now, I was wrong that he got the spot because the previous starter left... but you were wrong that he got the spot because Kiwanuka (sp) moved back onto the line after Osi's injury. He was already starting when the preseason started.

If your point was that he wasn't BROUGHT IN to be the starter, then that's really a totally different thing and not something I consider particularly relevant.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote