View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008   #34
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The SI NFL Preview just arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I don't know, it's not a reach or a slam to say they only win six this year IMHO. Let's face it they have some very glaring weaknesses still. Granted I do think they are a much better team then the Carr/Rosenfels led team of 2006 that had the same number of wins. My heart and "diet cokes" don't agree, but it's still hard to argue against a six win season.
I'm not gonna get too wound up over Dr. Z's latest, because he's usually wrong and rarely right, but I do think a six-win prediction is a reach. The pessimist's prediction that they'll only win six is equally funny as the optimist's prediction that they'll win twelve. This team won eight games last year playing in arguably the toughest division in football, even though it faced an epidemic of injuries that depleted both talent and depth. The Texans were 6-2 at home and 2-6 on the road. With home games against the Ravens, Lions, Bengals, Dolphins, and Bears, in addition to our divisional games, I see no reason why the Texans can't equal or better their 6-2 home record. If they can win six at Reliant and three on the road, they're a winning team for the first time in franchise history.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote